It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Foreign Ministry turns off FB ratings after 1000s from Baltics protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just caught it so thought to share it. Although I am in a hurry, so not much time.

The original video, which caused the tensions. As an Estonian, I can see, I do agree with the video. That is how my grandparents have described the situation to me as well.

Video: (no idea why the link is displayed as it is. One of them works.

estonianworld.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> estonianworld.com...

On Sunday, the Russian Foreign Ministry was forced to take down the “ratings & reviews” feature on their Facebook page after receiving over 17,000 negative-poor responses in a 24-hour period, as compared to only 75 positive ratings.

Thousands of Lithuanians, along with Latvians & Estonians, from around the world responded on Facebook to Moscow attempts to spread false propaganda about post-World War 2 partisans in the 3 Baltic countries. The Russians were responding to a NATO 8-minute video released last week about the Baltic Forest Brothers.

The actual post about the Baltic Forest Brothers is still posted & as of Monday has received over 13,700 protest comments, compared to the average 90-200 comments their other posts get.

The protest was inspired by Lithuanian TV-personality Andrius Tapinas, who asked his many followers on Facebook to go to the Russian Foreign Ministry page & leave the message: “Kremlin, you will not rewrite our history” in Russian – #Кремльнашуисториюнеперепишешь

Lithuania’s Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius said that the Russian attempts to interpret history was a constant phenomenon, adding that the civil initiatives on social networks were very important.

Source: lithuaniannews.net...

Russian RT propaganda : www.rt.com...

Russian foreign ministry Facebook page ratings after the protests:

Medium with more information medium.com...

This is one good example, how Russia tries to rewrite the history. Russia did help to drive out the Nazis from the Baltic States. That does mean they had the right to occupy these nations. All of these nations were independent nations and going from Nazi occupation to the Soviet occupation is just having to choose between two bad evils without for the small nations having the say in their future and independence. That is why a movement against the Russian invasion started. Over 70 000 men in Baltics were fighting against the invation. They stole from the armories and army bases, had battles with the Bolshevik forces. The people generally were supporting them, as people wanted their country back, they did not want to be under Soviet rule. Russia is trying to paint the picture as if their soldiers were heroes who saved Baltics from the Nazis, but they do not say that the nations wanted independence not another ruling nation over them. The people did not want Russians to stay. But for the Russians, the ones who were against them, must have been Nazis...

edit on 20-7-2017 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

A real tear jerker this story!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin
Just caught it so thought to share it. Although I am in a hurry, so not much time.

The original video, which caused the tensions. As an Estonian, I can see, I do agree with the video. That is how my grandparents have described the situation to me as well.

Video: (no idea why the link is displayed as it is. One of them works.

estonianworld.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> estonianworld.com...

On Sunday, the Russian Foreign Ministry was forced to take down the “ratings & reviews” feature on their Facebook page after receiving over 17,000 negative-poor responses in a 24-hour period, as compared to only 75 positive ratings.

Thousands of Lithuanians, along with Latvians & Estonians, from around the world responded on Facebook to Moscow attempts to spread false propaganda about post-World War 2 partisans in the 3 Baltic countries. The Russians were responding to a NATO 8-minute video released last week about the Baltic Forest Brothers.

The actual post about the Baltic Forest Brothers is still posted & as of Monday has received over 13,700 protest comments, compared to the average 90-200 comments their other posts get.

The protest was inspired by Lithuanian TV-personality Andrius Tapinas, who asked his many followers on Facebook to go to the Russian Foreign Ministry page & leave the message: “Kremlin, you will not rewrite our history” in Russian – #Кремльнашуисториюнеперепишешь

Lithuania’s Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius said that the Russian attempts to interpret history was a constant phenomenon, adding that the civil initiatives on social networks were very important.

Source: lithuaniannews.net...

Russian RT propaganda : www.rt.com...

Russian foreign ministry Facebook page ratings after the protests:

Medium with more information medium.com...

This is one good example, how Russia tries to rewrite the history. Russia did help to drive out the Nazis from the Baltic States. That does mean they had the right to occupy these nations. All of these nations were independent nations and going from Nazi occupation to the Soviet occupation is just having to choose between two bad evils without for the small nations having the say in their future and independence. That is why a movement against the Russian invasion started. Over 70 000 men in Baltics were fighting against the invation. They stole from the armories and army bases, had battles with the Bolshevik forces. The people generally were supporting them, as people wanted their country back, they did not want to be under Soviet rule. Russia is trying to paint the picture as if their soldiers were heroes who saved Baltics from the Nazis, but they do not say that the nations wanted independence not another ruling nation over them. The people did not want Russians to stay. But for the Russians, the ones who were against them, must have been Nazis...

Interesting....17K bad reviews in 24 hrs...sounds they were doxxed.

While I am sure there are plenty that would say it's well deserved, 17k dislikes in 24 hours was an orchestrated event.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Yaaawn.

While history can and should be discussed...this is all fueled by a stupid fear that Putin is gonna invade the world....run for your lives !!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The US liberated the Mexicans in Texas from their brother and sister Mexicans in Mexico and claimed Texas
Make sense ?
It never does

edit on 7/20/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
While history can and should be discussed...this is all fueled by a stupid fear that Putin is gonna invade the world....run for your lives !!!!

Yet Russia has recent form in disrupting their smaller neighbours and doing a land-grab. Take Georgia and Ukraine.

Taking a longer view it was Russia who forcibly occupied the Baltic states in 1940 in a conspiracy with the Nazis. When that turned sour, the Baltic states were occupied by the the Nazis and then reoccupied by the Russians. The Baltic states only regained their freedom from Russia in 1990/91. During the Russian occupation ethnic Russians moved in and it is this audience the Russia of today are trying to agitate, just like in Crimea and parts of eastern Ukraine.

History is a record of the past. The record shows a long line of poor Russian behaviour, brutality and expansionism that has greatly impacted places like the Baltic states.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

BUt if history is the norm by which we.go by...surely...I should.fear the Germans first, no ?

Or.are you telling me.that after all attrocities.commited...they are.now the good guys ?

And about that.."land grab"...you honestly think Russia needs more land ? Or is that about something else ?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

And about that.."land grab"...you honestly think Russia needs more land ? Or is that about something else ?

care to explain why putin greenlit an invasion of ukraine or is that germany's fault?

(post by BretePete removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join