It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Fast Can We Go???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

edit on 20-7-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Happened on purpose here a few years ago. wasnt enough to almost decapitate the guy at night, but they then attacked him..

people stink.

www.watoday.com.au...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Damn.

My sincerest condolences, Flyingclaydisk.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Nice writing FCD. The message here I think is to slow our lives down...and enjoy the scenery while we can.

Youve reminded us all to take our foots off the gas, shut off the cruise control and put down our cell phones...or we may just go off a cliff....*

*"The only thing immortal...is time itself."-Mysterioustranger

Thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Gone in one instant. Just gone.

Just one phone call.

Gone.

Plus the fact that you are haunted with unanswered questions. This breaks my heart. I have lost too many people that I have loved over the years and of course it is always very difficult. Words can't always express what is in one's heart. Just know that you have people here who genuinely care.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Very true a head will always hit the ground. I've fallen many times since I ended up disable from a stroke. My head hitting and bouncing back up and hitting again is what woke me up.

I'm sure my son wears a helmet, it's the law and he wore helmets to roller blade . As for his other gear I'm not sure. He hasn't rumbled into my driveway yet to see.

When I was in rehab there were so many young guys paralyzed from the waist down from bikes, ATV's or snowmobiles. Now it's not the end of the world to be paralyzed ( I am on one side, can't walk) but it's not quality of life. It bothers your family more than it does your own self for some reason. then there are those who get amputated which is much worse. There's other worse things as well.

Thanks

(post by BretePete removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well Clay I really feel for you losing your best friend like that. But ,but Please allow me to play the devils advocate a while. I'm 68 in October and have rode bikes all my life, I now ride an ST 1100 and a VN 1500 and the biggest lesson that everyone MUST learn that no mater what size bike you ride THE THROTTLE GOES BOTH WAYS. You don't have to go fast. You don't have to take unnecessary risks. But by far and above the biggest risks are other road users.
So no matter what you ride or drive there will always be some-one to take you out.
Think on this one. You say that when you heard you skidded off the road and right into a ditch. What if it was a deep ditch, or a big rock or a big tree? That could have been your demise and you weren't even on a motorbike.
Sorry for the bad words as I truly feel for you as I've had a couple of close friends been taken out, one by a drunk driver the other by a lorry driver too tired to drive drifting over lanes.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

No hard feelings here, you're absolutely correct.

Fotrunately, it was just a shallow roadside ditch, but even still I shouldn't have even answered the phone really. So yeah, it was dumb on my part. Just a really crappy day.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm always clicking on your threads without commenting. Just absorbing your inspirational words. You're a kind soul. Be strong friend. There is never any right or wrong way too grieve.

I don't mean to offend any beliefs but I know in my heart that the soul is immortal.

Your writings paint pictures and I always take something away from them helping me to be a better person.

I know that you are a true friend to those whose lives you touch.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thanks.

That means a lot to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join