It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postal Service broke law in pushing time off for workers to campaign for Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: RazorV66
More criminal activity at the direction of Obammy on behalf of Clinton.
Sick bastards.
It's incredibly hilarious that the criminal hag still lost even with all the illegal help she was given.

This is a clear ethical violation, but what is the evidence it was directed by Obama or the Clinton campaign?

I have no evidence but it wouldn't surprise me.
Would it surprise you if Obama directed it?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I don't remember Obama interjecting himself so directly with things so, yes, I would be surprised.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Sick bastards.
It's incredibly hilarious that the criminal hag still lost even with all the illegal help she was given.

This is a clear ethical violation, but what is the evidence it was directed by Obama or the Clinton campaign?

Don't get me wrong, I'm disillusioned with the Clintons and Obama. But I don't think they would be so foolish nor so risky to direct the Post Office to engage in this. It's also probably not a big enough trade off for the risk.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Sick bastards.

It would surprise me, because they know they make themselves several people removed from the situation so there are several fall guys and by the time it may get to them its old news and the next crisis or investigation is afoot. That's government for ya...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is how the Lamestream Parrot media works:

Postal workers campaign for Clinton: no news here

Postal workers campaign for Trump: TRUMP COLLUSION - POSTAL WORKERS 24 HRS/7 DAYS A WEEK

(post by BretePete removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Seems the Dems are really going "postal"...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who would have thought that democrats would try to do this... That is to break the law to try to give Hillary the White House...

I am willing to bet that the Postal Service wasn't the only government agency breaking the law to try to get Hillary to win. We saw the depth of what the DNC was willing to do to make Hillary win in the wikileaks and the DNCleaks.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The dems did EVERYTHING they could possibly think of to swing the election.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I wish I would have gotten time off to campaign , not really. Tbh we weren't aloud to support either presidential candidate openly while at work or social media.

What I hear is dems support our union and rep are trying to cut saturday delivery and keeping a pay freeze active. I'd rather have Saturday Sunday off than rotate my days off. Monday one week and so on. The plus side is once we get our Friday we get fri sat sun off.
edit on 21-7-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I sure hope she doesn't get elected.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
In other breaking news Henry Ford has perfected the auto assembly line.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think that granting time off for political campaigning ought to be one of the fundamental rights workers enjoy.

I know the unions in the US are different to over here in the UK, but when I was in the RMT our employers bent over backwards to allow us time off to attend union meetings, workshops, even college courses, pretty much anytime you wanted the day off to do something union related you got it. (The RMT was a very powerful, take no sh... kind of union though).

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

So is the post office union. I'll randomly get checks from 100 to 500 for the union nit picking management and contract stuff.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: SprocketUK

So is the post office union. I'll randomly get checks from 100 to 500 for the union nit picking management and contract stuff.

Just how it should be.
It makes me quite sad to see just how rubbish most unions are these days, no wonder there ate so many people on min wage and zero hours.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The fox misses the 'illegal' part in his OP:

Federal employees, including postal workers, are allowed to use their time off to campaign or donate to political candidates. But by directing that time off be granted even over the objections of local post office managers who said they would be understaffed, the Postal Service showed a workplace bias toward Clinton and other Democrats endorsed by the union, Miles said.

So, the complaint is about the leeway the Postal Service gave the union in allowing time off for 97 people across the service.

“USPS . . . facilitated [the union’s] political activity by directing local supervisors to approve union official [leave without pay] requests to participate in Labor 2016,” a report by the Office of Special Counsel found. “Characterizing this political activity as union business conferred a special status on carriers’ leave requests.”

The practice dates to the 1990s, investigators told the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. But the favoritism toward union-backed candidates was not necessarily because the letter carriers union endorsed Democrats.

What happened then is the USPS wanted to keep on good terms with the union. The union sent a letter for these 97 people to be allowed time off, and despite the objections of local supervisors, granted this leave without pay. However, the USPS did not support a political candidate in this action:

But investigators found that managers did not collude with the union to choose candidates it should support, or ask the union to advocate for Clinton or any other Democrats whose policies would benefit the Postal Service.

What will be the corrective action?

Brennan noted that because investigators found that the labor-relations official was implementing a long-standing practice and not motivated by a desire to be partisan, no discipline should be taken.

But she said that going forward, postal officials will take a “hands-off” approach to the unions’ political activity — for example, weighing all the similar requests for time off based on the request, the needs of the Postal Service and the cost of any overtime needed to cover the employee’s missing shifts.

Not much here, sorry.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think federal employees should be able to do whatever the hell they want during and election season, as long as it isn't being paid for by the employer

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: Arnie123
I know some people would probably prefer that the unions just be completely barred as a result of this so it can never happen again...or something, but that's not realistic or reasonable.

If by 'barred' you mean abolish all Public Sector Unions, you are grossly mistaken.

Even the 'Great Socialator' FDR was adamantly opposed to Public Sector Unions.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Lets keep investigating. Dems want to judge, but will discover they will be judged themselves.

I truly believe they see themselves as being the polar good guys and others as being the polar bad guys....Thats why they do so much illegal crap. They do it because they think loose moral justification is enough to Trump all other considerations, even the law itself.

This is great news. Keep throwing them punches. Yum.

edit on 7 21 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Time to punish unions...and change the name of the democratic party to the un-democratic party. Of course, the media will brush this under their propaganda carpet and continue to waste more energy on the Russian fiasco. Personally, I trust Putin more than democrats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join