It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postal Service broke law in pushing time off for workers to campaign for Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Looks like an investigation has exposed more Democrat "strategy" that was against the law.

Apparently they were so desperate to get Hillary elected, Democrat Operations actually got the Post Office to grant time off for workers so they could help Democrat Campaigns nationwide !!

Good thing most of the efforts failed

No wonder they love to blame everybody else for their own illegal activities.

Postal Service broke law in pushing time off for workers to campaign for Clinton, investigation finds

The U.S. Postal Service engaged in widespread violations of federal law by pressuring managers to approve letter carriers’ taking time off last fall to campaign for Hillary Clinton and other union-backed Democrats, investigators said Wednesday.

High-level postal officials had for years granted employees’ requests for unpaid leave, leading last year to an “institutional bias” in favor of Clinton and other Democrats endorsed by the National Association of Letter Carriers, one of the largest postal unions. The Postal Service’s Office of Special Counsel and inspector general found that the agency violated the Hatch Act, which restricts federal employees from working for or against a political candidate or party during election season.

“The culture and practice was, ‘It’s mandatory, it’s the directive’ ” to ensure employees got time off, Adam Miles, acting director of the Office of Special Counsel, told Senate lawmakers at a hearing.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Truth be told, this is just disgusting. This is a prime example of why unions in the public sector need to be eliminated.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like an investigation has exposed more Democrat "strategy" that was against the law.

Apparently they were so desperate to get Hillary elected, Democrat Operations actually got the Post Office to grant time off for workers so they could help Democrat Campaigns nationwide !!

Good thing most of the efforts failed

No wonder they love to blame everybody else for their own illegal activities.

Postal Service broke law in pushing time off for workers to campaign for Clinton, investigation finds

The U.S. Postal Service engaged in widespread violations of federal law by pressuring managers to approve letter carriers’ taking time off last fall to campaign for Hillary Clinton and other union-backed Democrats, investigators said Wednesday.

High-level postal officials had for years granted employees’ requests for unpaid leave, leading last year to an “institutional bias” in favor of Clinton and other Democrats endorsed by the National Association of Letter Carriers, one of the largest postal unions. The Postal Service’s Office of Special Counsel and inspector general found that the agency violated the Hatch Act, which restricts federal employees from working for or against a political candidate or party during election season.

“The culture and practice was, ‘It’s mandatory, it’s the directive’ ” to ensure employees got time off, Adam Miles, acting director of the Office of Special Counsel, told Senate lawmakers at a hearing.

This is serious. Low level workers usually get suspended without pay for 6 months for Hatch act violations. Supervisors get fired. Executives go to jail.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not to belittle your thread - but - does this surprise anyone???

Nothing but filth from day one came from the Clinton's.

S&F as always.

peace

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm surprised the WaPo picked this story up. Looks like they finally shift their focus on the Democrats and what they did during the election. This could be the beginning of opening a whole new can of maggots. This sounds really serious.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

so did the us govt collude with hillary to help her win the 2016 election?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

There was something interesting in her official DNC dossier / tax returns...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Weaponizing Government Agencies was a Clinton Specialty.

There are no rules for Bill and Hill...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
More criminal activity at the direction of Obammy on behalf of Clinton.
Sick bastards.
It's incredibly hilarious that the criminal hag still lost even with all the illegal help she was given.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Honestly, it would be nice if she would get thrown in jail so Republicans can stop deflecting from the failings of their party.

Maybe this will be the final nail.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

They intentionally inter"fear"ed with the election process !!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Honestly, it would be nice if she would get thrown in jail so Republicans can stop deflecting from the failings of their party.

Maybe this will be the final nail.

Bet Obama knew.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Helps to read the article:

But investigators found that managers did not collude with the union to choose candidates it should support, or ask the union to advocate for Clinton or any other Democrats whose policies would benefit the Postal Service.

The article kindly explains exactly what happened:

Investigators said the union gave a senior labor relations official a list of letter carriers it wanted to be released to campaign. That official emailed the names to local postal managers across the country. They interpreted the missive as a directive to give the carriers the time off, even if their absence would cause havoc and require overtime.

So, postal employee says, 'Hey boss, I'm taking time off to campaign for the Union.' Boss replies, 'OK, but that's unpaid leave.'

I mean...maybe if your party didn't sh*t all over unions every chance they got you'd have union members taking time off to campaign for you too.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Hmmmm....I think not.

"The OSC concluded that the agency was engaging in “institutional bias” as a result of its actions granting leave without pay in order to further the unions’ political activities. As a result, the actions by the agency are in violation of the Hatch Act. A federal agency has an obligation to remain politically neutral."

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

How is that breaking a law and meeting with Russian agents to fix an election isn't lmao?!?!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Would receiving documents that proved criminality really be "fixing" an election?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
More criminal activity at the direction of Obammy on behalf of Clinton.
Sick bastards.
It's incredibly hilarious that the criminal hag still lost even with all the illegal help she was given.

This is a clear ethical violation, but what is the evidence it was directed by Obama or the Clinton campaign?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yep! The government, the MSM, Hollywood...and she still couldn't win, LOL.

But, will Jeff Sessions go after the heads of the Post Office? I think not...unless they smoke pot.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

That's fair. Well I mean...a fair argument.

I'm kinda on the fence about it. On the one hand there's the whole institutional bias aspect of it but which is very serious and shouldn't be tolerated. On the other hand, if employees are taking unpaid leave to work with their union then I don't really care.

I don't know if anything will come of this, it's been happening since at least the 1990's, the managers who received the emails took them as directives even though they probably weren't (I can't know that though) and the employees weren't being paid to do it.

I know some people would probably prefer that the unions just be completely barred as a result of this so it can never happen again...or something, but that's not realistic or reasonable.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

To be fair, there hasn't been a recommendation for charges. But it doesn't say if that will come later or overlooked.

I guess the official capacities will have to continue to work and figure that out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join