It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus never died for my sins because I was never a Jew under The Jewish Law of Moses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
a reply to: tadaman

The Jewish God is a man of war (Exodus 15:3).

But Jesus taught that God is Father and he is good to all even the evil (Like 6:35-36).

Jesus was not a Jew, the Jews rejected him and called him a Samaritan (John 8:48)

Jesus says that he reveals The Father and that The Father was not revealed before him because only The Son knows The Father (Luke 10:22).

Actually Jesus was a Jew...

But i personally don't think he was calling The Jewish god Father

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

What does Jesus look like?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

How does this relate to the topic?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Thats silly, because christians are not under the Jewish covenant.
Thats covenant belongs to another religion, not christianity

Why, whats the point, telling christians they are Jews.
Do All to the Glory of God

23“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 24Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

That is not Judaism

Why do atheists persist in not having the capacity to differentiate between the New and Old covenant, the New and Old Testament

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Butt ugly

Isaiah 53.2
He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Jesus *was* a "Jew".. as were all of the early Christians.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Butt ugly

Isaiah 53.2
He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

that wasn't describing Jesus brother...

No one has any idea what he looked like... theres nothing in any legitimate texts that have ever described what he looked like...

And Isaiah certainly didn't have the slightest clue... nor did he know of his coming

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well I will just have to respectfully disagree
Isaiah
1Who has believed what he has heard from us?a
And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2For he grew up before him like a young plant,
and like a root out of dry ground;
he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,
and no beauty that we should desire him.
3He was despised and rejectedb by men,
a man of sorrowsc and acquainted withd grief;e
and as one from whom men hide their facesf
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
5But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
6All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
8By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
9And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him;
he has put him to grief;g
when his soul makesh an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11Out of the anguish of his soul he shall seei and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.
12Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,j
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,k
because he poured out his soul to death
and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
and makes intercession for the transgressors.

biblehub.com...

and there is more about Jesus identity in Isiah after
edit on 20-7-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Maybe you should tell other christians that when they bring up stuff in the old testament to help spread hate for other folk.
(some on ATS recently).

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well I will just have to respectfully disagree

and you're welcome to do so...

But he wasn't their messiah...

so if one considers that a messianic prophecy, it wasn't talking about Jesus

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Maybe you should tell other christians that when they bring up stuff in the old testament to help spread hate for other folk.
(some on ATS recently).

Well feel free to challenge them with Christs own words
Mark 12:30-31New International Version (NIV)

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

Judging Others
7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Christians dont have any right to spread hate, even non christians can teach christians that, should teach christians that

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Which Jesus God are we on about anyhow?.
(I hope you get this and watch the show).

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

depends on who you ask i suppose...

Personally the two are not the same

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The Law of Moses was given to "The Children of Israel", not Gentiles, so since I was never under The Jewish Law, then Jesus cannot die for my sins of that law.

I am under The Law of Christ,

That's true, except that you forget you are also under the law of Adam, creation of God.
Under the law of Adam, you are an outcast from Eden and you are sinned for eating the forbidden fruit. This has nothing to do with The Law of Moses or "The Children of Israel." It's the law of creation, every man and woman has to bear.

3 Again said God unto Adam, "All this misery that thou hast been made to take upon thee because of thy transgression, will not free thee from the hand of Satan, and will not save thee.

4 "But I will. When I shall come down from heaven, and shall become flesh of thy seed, and take upon Me the infirmity from which thou sufferest, then the darkness that came upon thee in this cave shall come upon Me in the grave, when I am in the flesh of thy seed.

5 "And I, who am without years, shall be subject to the reckoning of years, of times, of months, and of days, and I shall be reckoned as one of the sons of men, in order to save thee."

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

There is no law of Adam. Adam is not a prophet who made a spiritual path, just a man who didn't listen to God.

Deuteronomy 24:16 each man dies for his own sins. I have nothing to do with Adam not listening to God. Nice try trying to guilt trip me though.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Law:

When it is capitalized, this word refers either to the Mosaic Law or to the first five books of the Bible. When it is lowercased, it may refer to individual laws of the Mosaic Law or a principle of law.—Nu 15:16; De 4:8; Mt 7:12; Ga 3:24.

Law: Insight, Volume 2

“A divine commandment or a revelation of the will of God . . . the whole body of God’s commandments or revelations: the will of God . . . : a rule of right living or good conduct esp[ecially] when conceived as having the sanction of God’s will, of conscience or the moral nature, or of natural justice.”—Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, 1981.
Law to Angels.
Law of Divine Creation.
Law to Adam.
Laws to Noah; Patriarchal Law.
Law of God to Israel—The Law of Moses.
The first five books of the Bible (Genesis through Deuteronomy) are often referred to as the Law. Sometimes this term is used with reference to the entire inspired Hebrew Scriptures. Generally, however, the Jews considered the entire Hebrew Scriptures to be composed of three sections, “the law of Moses,” “the Prophets,” and “Psalms.” (Lu 24:44)
Since imperfect humans could not keep the Law, it showed that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Ro 3:23) Only Jesus Christ kept it blamelessly.—Joh 8:46; Heb 7:26.

The Law also served as “a shadow of the good things to come,” and things connected with it were “typical representations,” causing Jesus and the apostles to call upon it often to explain heavenly things and matters concerning Christian doctrine and conduct. Therefore, it provides an essential and necessary field of study for the Christian.—Heb 10:1; 9:23.

Jesus said that the whole Law hung upon the two commandments, to love God and to love one’s neighbor. (Mt 22:35-40) It is interesting that in the book of Deuteronomy (where the Law was modified somewhat to govern Israel’s new circumstances upon settling in the Promised Land) the Hebrew words for “love,” “loved,” and so forth, appear more than 20 times.
Law of Conscience.
At 1 Corinthians 8:7 the apostle Paul says that lack of accurate Christian knowledge could result in a weak conscience. Conscience can be a good guide or a poor one, depending upon the knowledge and training of the individual. (1Ti 1:5; Heb 5:14) One’s conscience can be defiled and, therefore, can mislead. (Tit 1:15) Some, by constantly going contrary to conscience, cause it to become like insensitive scar tissue, and consequently no safe guide to follow.—1Ti 4:1, 2.

“Law of the Christ.”
This law is called “the perfect law that belongs to freedom,” “the law of a free people,” “the law of faith.” (Jas 1:25; 2:12; Ro 3:27) Such a new law had been foretold by God through the prophet Jeremiah when he spoke of a new covenant and the writing of his law on the hearts of his people.—Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:6-13.
Moses wrote the Law in code form, but Jesus did not personally put a law down in writing. He talked and put his law into the minds and hearts of his disciples. Neither did his disciples set down laws in the form of a code for Christians, classifying the laws into categories and subheadings. Nonetheless, the Christian Greek Scriptures are full of laws, commands, and decrees that the Christian is bound to observe.—Re 14:12; 1Jo 5:2, 3; 4:21; 3:22-24; 2Jo 4-6; Joh 13:34, 35; 14:15; 15:14.

Jesus gave instruction to his disciples to preach the ‘good news of the kingdom.’ His command is found at Matthew 10:1-42; Luke 9:1-6; 10:1-12. At Matthew 28:18-20 a new command was given to Jesus’ disciples to go, not to the Jews only, but to all nations, to make disciples and baptize them with a new baptism, “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.” Thus, with divine authorization Jesus taught and issued commands while on earth (Ac 1:1, 2) as well as after his ascension. (Ac 9:5, 6; Re 1:1-3) The entire book of Revelation consists of prophecies, commands, admonition, and instruction to the Christian congregation.

The “law of the Christ” covers the whole course and scope of the Christian’s life and work. By the help of God’s spirit the Christian can follow the commands in order to be judged favorably by that law, for it is “the law of that spirit which gives life in union with Christ Jesus.”—Ro 8:2, 4.

“Law of God.”
Law of Sin and Death.
“Law of Faith.”

Matthew 22:35-40

35 And one of them, versed in the Law, tested him by asking: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

1 John 5:2, 3

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and carry out his commandments. 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,

1 John 2:3,4,7

And by this we realize that we have come to know him, namely, if we continue observing his commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know him,” and yet does not observe his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in this person. 5 But whoever does observe his word, in this person the love of God has truly been made perfect. By this we know that we are in union with him. 6 The one who says he remains in union with him is himself under obligation to go on walking just as that one walked.
7 Beloved ones, I am writing you, not a new commandment, but an old commandment that you have had from the beginning. This old commandment is the word that you heard.

Romans 2:

2 And stop being molded by this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
9 Let your love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked; cling to what is good.

1 Timothy 1:5

5 Really, the objective of this instruction* [Or “mandate; order.”] is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy.

James 3:17

17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical.

1 Peter 1:22

22 Now that you have purified yourselves by your obedience to the truth with unhypocritical brotherly affection as the result, love one another intensely from the heart.

edit on 20-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

"In everything, do unto others as you would have them do to you, for this is The Law and The Prophets." - Matthew 7:12

The Law and The Prophets? You know, god was very angry with a man who collected wood on Sabbath Day, He ordered Moses to stone that man to death. But Paul neglected the law of circumcision, sabbath day, etc in the name of god and nothing happened to him. What make you think it's matter anymore?

Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. Jesus is The Word of God and Image of God who is sinless.

The Kingdom of God is within you and among us. You carry the mark of forbidden fruit to know what's right and what's wrong. If you fail, others will make sure you obey by the law of democracy.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

There is no law of Adam. Adam is not a prophet who made a spiritual path, just a man who didn't listen to God.

Deuteronomy 24:16 each man dies for his own sins. I have nothing to do with Adam not listening to God. Nice try trying to guilt trip me though.

So you are not created from Adam and Eve? You dont consider yourself an outcast from Eden who deserve God's mercy and forgiveness?
edit on 20-7-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I am not Adam, therefore his sins has nothing to do with me (Deuteronomy 24:16)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You are not Adam. But you are the children of Adam. You carry the mark of Adam's sin; Adam apple's for man and milk breast for woman. You are here on this blue marble planet because of Adam. You, others and I do not belong here. We may not belong to this dimension. We are all outcasts. Adam and Eve cried and live in sorrow for many years. They were afraid of many things and they didnt understand Earth the way we do now. They were afraid of dark, wild beasts and they get thirsty and hungry. They lived a life in unknown world. They seek forgiveness each and every days until their last breath on this planet. So God made a promise to them with his own blood and humiliation.

If God didnt do it, there would not be any Christian today. There will be only Judaism and Moses Law. And maybe, God will forever become brutal and wrathful with global flood or genocide etc just like the old days of Old Testaments.

You see, it's not your choice that Jesus had to die for world's sin. It's God choice, because God had promised Adam and Eve, whether or not The Jews and Moses existed.

Edit: Deuteronomy 24:16 isnt speaking about the sin of Adam, he was speaking about the sin of breaking Moses Law, The Ten Commandment.

edit on 20-7-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join