It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I watched MSNBC today.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And quite literally could not stop laughing, these Talking Heads on the major news networks not know that we live in the age of information and we can check on anything they say and see if it's true or not I assume they don't, because half of what they say is just blatantly untrue I don't understand how they can get on TV and just lie or say the truth to suit their facts as they see it, how can I honestly claim to be impartial are they that diluted and if you question them well you know get ready for a blizzard of false accusations it's pure Insanity what I saw today on TV from watching 15 minutes of news coverage just one example a gentleman said that all the intelligence agencies agreed that Russia tried to interfere with our election but that's untrue because the New York Times printed a retraction of weeks ago on page 17 C hahaha that is just down to the main for FBI CIA NSA and some other one and he had to have known that because he works for the New York Times

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkang

Holy punctuation Batman!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah its like watching mr. Rogers make believe..cmon get on the trolly!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Its scary that so many are brainwashed by it, and rely totally on MSM for their info.

We have these brainwashed zombies posting here, and they are PROUD of the fact that main stream cable news is their main source of info.

"If it isn't on MSM then it isn't real"

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Good Rant!

I can just imagine you saying all that out loud with no pauses in between, and being red in the face at the end.

You can breathe now..

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
MSNBC and others rely on a certain class of viewership . Those normally that would be watching dancing with the stars or housewives of whatever
Banking their farms on the less informed group and those that willingly just absorb anything that is said. Then these viewers go around and parrot that information to anyone that will listen
Is it true ? Got to be , I saw it on MSNBC
That is how far the intellect has devolved over the years . And I do mean as in reverse evolution . It used to be you got your news and were informed. Then you got the entertainment part. Now everything is entertainment.
Just a Pro-Wrestling style entertainment
The dumbing down of the US

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That sounds "Silly".

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I happened to catch (I think it was MSNBC) the other day and I noticed they were using certain "trigger words" every time they talked about Trump to try to seed negative feelings about him into the minds of whoever was watching. This is an actual tactic that can be used to manipulate people, especially by the media. So what they were doing was talking about some normal routine story, but wording it in such a way that it seemed negative.

For example, if Trump has a publicly known meeting set up with, say, Putin, the story might go something like this:
"We have new information about a recent meeting between Trump and Putin. The purpose of the meeting is under suspicion due in part to Trump's refusal to acknowledge the meeting."
In reality, it might be something like this: Trump was at an international event with various world leaders, and when some low-ball CNN interviewer tried to directly interview Trump by phone, he was refused access to Trump, as he was currently busy discussing trade with Canada and Germany while Putin happened to be somewhere else in the building with every other world leader.

The MSM is just constantly spinning things and manipulating words in any desperate attempt they can make to slander Trump, and it's becoming laughingly obvious, as was the case with the recent Trump-Putin thing where the MSM tried to claim they had some secret hidden meeting. This was their "secret meeting":

"Secret". "Highly unusual". "No official record". I think it's time the MSM outlets need to be shut down for purposeful sedition.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
please take a look on Newegg. I hear they have some good deals on keyboards. I think yours might be missing a few keys. Other than that, good post..

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
MSNBC and others rely on a certain class of viewership . Those normally that would be watching dancing with the stars or housewives of whatever
Banking their farms on the less informed group and those that willingly just absorb anything that is said. Then these viewers go around and parrot that information to anyone that will listen
Is it true ? Got to be , I saw it on MSNBC
That is how far the intellect has devolved over the years . And I do mean as in reverse evolution . It used to be you got your news and were informed. Then you got the entertainment part. Now everything is entertainment.
Just a Pro-Wrestling style entertainment
The dumbing down of the US

What's sad is that this is entirely true. I've met people in real life who wholeheartedly believed things were 100% true because "I saw it on tv" and refused to even think about any alternative perspectives. I even tried explaining to my own mother once that reality tv shows were set up and scripted for entertainment and she didn't believe me.
American media has been weaponized by TPTB and is being used to great effect.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Of course they know people can fact check them, they're probably just hoping that people such as yourself ascribe their actions and words to the arbitrary "liberal" label and thus make you build walls between yourself and others and do the dividing for them.

The media's blatant bias and lies are part of the divide and conquer technique being used by those in power right now in my opinion. Everything the media says or does is tossed in with everyone on the left and slapped on their foreheads as if they (those who lean left) were the ones doing and saying what the media does and says.

The vast majority of people, whether they lean left or right, are good people and are just like you and I and live law-abiding lives. This whole fake image the two parties have of each other is just that, not real and only created to divide one from another.
edit on 7/19/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I happened to catch (I think it was MSNBC) the other day and I noticed they were using certain "trigger words" every time they talked about Trump to try to seed negative feelings about him into the minds of whoever was watching. This is an actual tactic that can be used to manipulate people, especially by the media.

MSNBC and others rely on a certain class of viewership. . . .Is it true ? Got to be , I saw it on MSNBC

Welcome to the last eight years with Fox/Obama. It is exactly the same. They could say whatever they want, no matter how baseless and speculative, and their base eats it up and believes it upwards 100%. Same when W was president. MSNBC and FOX are two ends of the MSM-partisan spectrum.

Only now, however, is it a "problem," because we have a Republican president.

To act like one side of the MSM has a monopoly on partisan BS is intellectually dishonest and hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Turn of the goddamned television.
There are better ways to spend your limited time in this world.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Its scary that so many are brainwashed by it, and rely totally on MSM for their info.

We have these brainwashed zombies posting here, and they are PROUD of the fact that main stream cable news is their main source of info.

"If it isn't on MSM then it isn't real"

I'm quoting you because you speak 100% truth!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

That sounds "Silly".

But I aint OlMe

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Friend , this shiite started before Obama . I admit , it escalated severely under Obama .
Obama was an effect of this , not a cause.

link   

Exactly, it's a neverending back and forth fight between the two parties and their members eat it up.

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.

John Adams said that, he was a founding father. People who participate in this back and forth game they play between the two sides are only making things worse without realizing it.

link   
I watch it most days . . . that's where Shark Tank and the Profit are played.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Watch their eyes.

Coming from a film background I can easily detect that almost every single host guest and "expert" on ANY news is just reading the prompter which is usually next to or above the camera lens. They move it back and zoom in to make it more difficult to notice... But if you're looking for it you can see it's quite obvious.

The hosts aren't journalists, they're actors with a pleasant look and a strong voice and ability to clearly pronounce everything while pretending they're not just reading a script.

Which is more difficult than you may believe.

-Driver

edit on -1800032WedWed, 19 Jul 2017 18:54:16 -050054vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 19 Jul 2017 18:54:16 -0500 by Z32Driver because: Typo.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Friend , this shiite started before Obama . I admit , it escalated severely under Obama .
Obama was an effect of this , not a cause.

Of course it's been going on a long time.

That's why I also mentioned Bush, since MSNBC did the same with him (I know because that is when I used to watch it).

I could have kept going back administration by admin (on both sides of the political spectrum), but some of us get the main idea: it's not confined to one party, but reflected by who is president at the time.

ETA:

I never said or meant to imply Obama was the cause.
edit on 19-7-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join