It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC pay scandal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

Bastards really the whole shower of them.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
a reply to: 83Liberty

Another element to this "scandal" is the disparity in pay between male and female "stars". Makes no sense to me!

You're correct and I did mention it in my OP.
The fact is the top seven earners on the list are male, white and aged over 50.
However, I am personally not a fan of so called 'positive discrimination'.

The thing I did miss from my post is the disparity between white and BAME employees.
This image from the BBC says a lot...

To be fair to the BBC, they have done a good job reporting and analysing all this.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The Magistrates are going to generally want a name and if they have acquired such without your consent or help then who ever done so could very well be in breach of the data protection act.

Ever heard of the Electoral Register?

In any case, warrants can be obtained on a premises-specific basis, so this argument is redundant.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: audubon

How do you get an search warrant without a name and/or sufficient reason for such???

You don't and most self respecting Magistrates would never issue such.

Search warrants in theses cases are predominantly premises-specific, and don't need an identified suspect. Magistrates (being laypeople and easily swayed by professionals) hand them out like confetti. Something would have to be seriously and glaringly wrong for an application to be refused.

The bar the authority needs to cross is set at the 'reasonable suspicion' level. 'Reasonable suspicion' is not precisely defined, so it can include statements such as 'we opened the letterbox and heard the sound of the the Jeremy Kyle show, accompanied by derisive laughter from an occupant of the house'.

Congratulations on avoiding a search for 20 years or so, that's quite impressive.

Thanks for yours and andy06shake input. This is the kind of information/experience I was hoping to hear and gives me good encouragement to cancel it.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Sure have i'm not on that ether.

At least not to the address that i currently reside.

Told them to shove there census up there arse also and what do you know no adverse affects so far.

Yes the discussion, hardly an augment, is redundant because if what you claim was the case peoples houses would be getting turned over and searched everyday of the week under the guise of finding TVs, and since that's not happening no Magistrates are issuing such warrants in any significant numbers.

Not saying it cannot happen, just that it's seldom the case.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: Cropper
I don't have a problem with the BBC and what they broadcast, I couldn't give a fig about how much they pay their staff. The only thing that would be fair, is to give people a choice to pay the fee, and if we don't pay, they scramble the channel just like Sky or any other subscription service does.

But that won't happen because they know they would go bankrupt within weeks.

You think its ok they harbor pedophiles and protect them from prosecution and actively block investigations into their pedophile activities ?

Not at all. Did I say that?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
compelled to point out that :

since 2016 - use of the BBC iplayer service [ in ANY mode ] now requires at TV licence

i am unsure of the status of other online TV services [ chanel 4 , ITV etc ] - as i never used them - because of idiotic adverts

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
compelled to point out that :

since 2016 - use of the BBC iplayer service [ in ANY mode ] now requires at TV licence

i am unsure of the status of other online TV services [ chanel 4 , ITV etc ] - as i never used them - because of idiotic adverts

From their site.

A licence is needed if you have a device that is able to broadcast any live (programs as they are being broadcast to ) You need to be covered by a TV Licence to watch or record live TV programmes on any channel download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
How come it's OK to televise women's football
on terrestrial TV but men's football is not allowed .talk about sexist.
if it was reversed nowadays there would be a massive thread on it with a load of left wing potheads whining

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Correct mate , I hold no love for those scum either!

when our government actively cover up pedohphile investigations then you know you cant trust them
edit on 21-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cropper

No you didnt say that , hence the reason I asked

I'm asking you a question because you said you dont have a problem with the BBC
so then I thought well what about them actively blocking the pedophile investigations and using propaganda in their news reporting and extreme bias are just two other tangents we can go down.

So I thought I'd ask and see if you had a problem with that ?
edit on 21-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: MrCrow

Another element to this "scandal" is the disparity in pay between male and female "stars". Makes no sense to me!

You're correct and I did mention it in my OP.
The fact is the top seven earners on the list are male, white and aged over 50.
However, I am personally not a fan of so called 'positive discrimination'.

The thing I did miss from my post is the disparity between white and BAME employees.
This image from the BBC says a lot...

To be fair to the BBC, they have done a good job reporting and analysing all this.

BAME make up around 13% of the UK population sauce, so 10 out of 96 top earners seems fair enough, doesn't it?

There is a huge disparity between men and women at the top here though and it's things like this that artificially skew the gender pay gap argument.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dave90210

Think the BBC still broadcast Mens football matches including live FA Cup final.

BBC ALBA also show eight live matches from the SPFL, live coverage of the Scottish Challenge Cup and the Scottish Junior Cup.

But i would not know that since i don't watch live TV.

End of the day its because SKY/Virgin and there like simply outbid them for the coverage rights.

edit on 21-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
BAME make up around 13% of the UK population sauce, so 10 out of 96 top earners seems fair enough, doesn't it?

If you say 10 out of 96 top earners are BAME, then that does sound fairly equal.
However, if you consider the top 25 are all white, then that doesn't sound great.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: SprocketUK

If you say 10 out of 96 top earners are BAME, then that does sound fairly equal.
However, if you consider the top 25 are all white, then that doesn't sound great.

Ok, but one out of the top two would be vastly over representing BAME also, so I guess you gotta draw a line somewhere, haven't you?

Like I said in my post, I think the gender makeup of the BBC top earners is a bigger issue right now. Especially when you think how the media is supposed to be more female friendly these days.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I totally agree.
However, like I said in another post, I don't believe in 'positive discrimination' to help address the issue.
The best most suitable person regardless of race or gender should get the job.

What needs to happen here is the highest paid males should get a pay cut and where there is clear injustice, females should get a pay increase to match a male co-worker doing the same or similar job.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just read this article from Breitbart and it says the BBC prosecutes 180,000 Brits every year!

The article states that these prosecutions are mostly going to vulnerable single women with kids and the elderly who can't afford the license fee.

This is also interesting...

The Adam Smith Institute reported in 2015 that one in 10 criminal prosecutions in the United Kingdom are now BBC television licencing charges.

Not sure if this is all true but it's disturbing.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Possibly is but thats exactly the type of people Capita pray upon.

They have been known to be belligerently aggressive, demanding entry with there foot in the door. Threatening to call Police all all sort of other bull crap.

Truth is you can phone the Police and have them removed.
edit on 21-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join