It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA analyzing eerie whistling sounds coming from space (AUDIO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Link to article on RT

This, is simply amazing.

Apparently, within outerspace, yet still within our magnetosphere, there are strange noises being made. NASA believes that it is because of radiation interacting with plasma.

Either way, the music is beautiful. Not unlike whale songs

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's God Strolling down his long lonesome highway on his way here. Checking in on us.
If you listen really carefully you can hear his old boots crunching the gravel too.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Oh remember that star trek movie with the whales. They're hoping to get an answer from our sperm whales.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
... How? Sound can't travel in a vacuum...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Oh remember that star trek movie with the whales. They're hoping to get an answer from our sperm whales.

I'm pretty sure it's real Gas Music from Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

#NOTMYSOUNDWAVES

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
tbh, 80s arcade games totally nailed the space sounds.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

There are all kinds of sound in space. All the way back to the big bang.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm not saying it's aliens, but it sounds like an entire space fleet exchanging plasma beams. Could be just a little space marine mutiny though.

#NotMyPlasma

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
Link to article on RT

This, is simply amazing.

Apparently, within outerspace, yet still within our magnetosphere, there are strange noises being made. NASA believes that it is because of radiation interacting with plasma.

Either way, the music is beautiful. Not unlike whale songs

The 1st recording on "Chorus of waves within Earth's Atmosphere" sounds exactly like the sounds you hear in the middle of a "Tropical Forrest" on the surface of the earth. (Like the Brazilian rain forest of the Amazon.)
All the birds and forest animals calling out at seemingly random times and with various intensities, it has that "aspect" of "calls being answered by calls" as the forest creatures are wont to do, echoing each other, but with their own voices.

The 2nd recording "Whistler Waves" sounds somewhat like the sounds you hear standing on a hill or mountain overlooking a savanna plain filled with birds and other animals roaming about the plain, (Like in Africa) it's the perspective of these sounds of large numbers of birds (huge flocks) heard from a great height some distance away, again calling out at various times during the day.

The 3rd recording "Plasma Waves" sounds like the calling cry of just one or two birds in a sparsely populated forest. It has the aspect of a solitary bird enjoying the sound of its own loud voice towering over the background noise of the lesser creatures in his habitat.

The 4th recording "Plasmaspheric Hiss" sound jist like the waves of the ocean lashing against the shore line on a beach somewhere filled with rocks and large boulders causing the waves to rise up and "spray" volumes of water over the rocks.

So, in my view, all these space sounds have their counterparts in natural phenomena on earth.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Cool sounds. They are electromagnetic waves which have been converted to audio, not sound waves which as mentioned cannot propagate in space.

"EMFISIS Instrument Description
The EMFISIS instrumentation suite provides measurements of wave electric and magnetic fields as well as DC magnetic fields for the Van Allen Probes mission . EMFISIS provides a comprehensive set of wave electric and magnetic field measurements covering the frequency range from 10 Hz up to 400 kHz. EMFISIS comprises two sensors: a tri-axial fluxgate magnetometer (MAG) and a trixaxial AC magnetic search coil magnetometer (MSC). Additionally, to measure AC signals the Waves experiment which includes AC electric fields (from the EFW) experiment and a tri-axial search coil magnetometer. These instruments are welded into one integrated whole by a Main Electronics Box (MEB) which ties all measurements together for maximum impact on the Van Allen Probes."

[url=http://emfisis.physics.uiowa.edu/[/url]
edit on 19-7-2017 by bluesjr because: pointed to the wrong link

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Could be aliens think we are hot..

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Lol sounds like a line from the crack pot on ancient aliens..

The white haired guy with glasses and a goatee.. the one who looks normal and makes ole crazy hair look like a sceptic lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Many of these sounds are electromagnetic waves that are at the same frequency as sounds waves. The waves can be modulated by amplitude or frequency and then amplified so we can hear the waves as sound. It's pretty much the same thing that your cell phone or radio does.

Sounds from space have been recorded many times in the past. It appears that just about everything emits it's own sound in the form of radio waves; stars (including our Sun), planets, moons and comets.

NASA Actually Recorded Sound In Space, And It’s Absolutely Chilling

Comet's Eerie 'Song' Captured by Rosetta Spacecraft
edit on 7/19/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

GIANT SPACE FROGS

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
The Whistler sounds are created by lightning traveling along Earth's magnetic field.
Earth Whistlers
This distorts the frequency of the wave into the sounds we hear. It reminds me of the sound made by skipping stones across a frozen pond.

edit on 7/19/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm pretty sure it's real Gas Music from Jupiter.

I think most gas comes from Uranus

edit on 19-7-2017 by SeanU because: added quote

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is funny...

Yesterday I was hearing this exact sound outside my home. We live in a remote area- the only thing we ever hear around here is birds or wind in the trees!

It was so freaky, I was walking around trying to find the source of it, and had decided to go get my phone and record it for ATS!

When I found my neighbor was having work done on the exterior of their house and had a big scaffolding system set up, that was making these eery sounds as the wind blew through it.

LOL! If I had posted the recording, we'd all end up thinking I recorded space music - from my backyard.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Although I shouldn't be, I am amazed at the responses this thread has gotten.

I found something that I thought was pretty damned cool. Cool enough, that even NASA is looking into it. Yet the responses I've gotten have all been in one of the three categories below

- making fun of the article
- people wanting to educate me personally on the matter, because you know, they're experts and what NASA has to say about it is not enough
- Incredulous responses claiming that the sound could not have been made

Folks, I shared this because I thought it was interesting, pure and simple. I was not trying to use it to underscore some claim I was making, nor did I proclaim it to be absolute truth or fallacy.

And these are the responses it gets?

ATS, you need to check yourself. Pure and simple.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Stray ions floating around in space (protons, electrons, helium nucleii, and other elements) interact with the magnetic field of the sun. As the density of ions encountered by a probe increases and decreases, the effective electrical charge rises and falls. This can be converted into a sound frequency.

You could do the same with water temperature in a bath-tub with running hot and cold water taps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join