It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Agency Told Grandfather He’d Have to Give Up Gun Rights to Foster His Grandson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I have to agree that there must be more to this story than what is being told. Why is the child being removed from the parents custody? Did this custody case have anything that involved guns? Specifically, was the child traumatized by guns or something along those lines?

I actually know of a grandparent who took custody of their grandchild and who needed to remove all guns from their house. Don't know if it was requested by the state for custody or not though. She did this because the child was traumatized by watching his dad kill himself with a gun in his presence. It was for the child's best psychological interest.

So I would be questioning the reason for this stipulation?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Im sure the aclu will be all over this civil rights violation....

Crickets.....

right after the SPLC declares MDHS a terrorist organization

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That is utterly disgusting.

I sincerely hope that the individual or individuals who dealt with this gentleman so inexplicably, as well as those who suggested making such a statement to ANY person, in violation of various elements of the constitution I should imagine, are dragged over the coals, very, VERY slowly, and never work in any position where they have the remotest little bit of power.

Bloody tyrants.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Aim the legal canons. Set phasers to sue!

This right here sounds like a case of "is stupid".

Hopefully the agency gets sued into oblivion.

I hope this actually goes to trial, and sets yet another precedent for gun rights.

These are the kind of idiots that cost tax payers millions of dollars in unnecessary lawsuits. smh

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This issue of the "give up constitutional rights" sounds untrue but it sure seems true that this is what was said.

ATS, is it what they said or is it what they implied in your opinion?

IF they just imply it by their actions, means to me that this is really a misplaced bureaucracy doing stupid.

It might be a gentle nudge on purpose in a spot where it hurts so they use a simple blackmail of a persons emotional need to be with family. Now that is deplorable......

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
How and when, in this country, did it become "acceptable" for the "state" to "decide" if the Father/Mother of the "parents" even needs the "states" "permission" to raise there "grandchildren"? How did "freedom" get that bad?
edit on 20-7-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
How and when, in this country, did it become "acceptable" for the "state" to "decide" if the Father/Mother of the "parents" even needs the "states" "permission" to raise there "grandchildren"? How did "freedom" get that bad?

That's the essence and goal of Big Government, to have total control over every action of every citizen's life. I don't want to rip liberals, a lot of their social stances are just causes, but the trust and power that they willfully place in the hands of Big Government is truly astonishing. Liberals today are certainly not true liberals, in the Thomas Jefferson mold.
edit on 20-7-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The time is ripe now for the repeal of the 1986 ban on Machine guns and restoration of the 2nd amendment in the US as an example to the EU's terrorist supportive policies.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join