It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump The Fool

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: seeker1963

so, if he goes in with millions and makes million more that's okay? as long as he goes in with money? lol

I actually think it's a good think he's rich because it allowed for a self-funded campaign and makes him much less likely to give in to lobbyists bribes because his pocket are already lined. He gave over control of his businesses to his children while in office so I don't see why that is such a huge concern, nearly all politicians have business connections which they use to their advantage.

I'm pretty sure Hillary was trying to get the presidency just for that sole reason. Most presidents walk out of office much wealthier than when they went in, their salary usually isn't the main thing that they rely on. At least in the case of Trump he's gone out of his way to cut all business ties and make all deals solely in the interest of the American people. As far as I know he even donated his entire presidential salary to charity.

Also the fact that Trump has gone out of his way to minimize the power of lobbyists and special interests is a good indication he isn't simply in this to make himself richer. I mean I'm pretty sure he already has enough money and there are much easier ways for him to make money at this point in his life rather than attempt to run a major nation.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Very well written. It's rare I feel that someone has taken the words right out of my mouth but you certainly did. You have crystallized my thoughts and feelings about Trump well. However, I freely admit I lack in the ability to perfectly convey my thoughts into words so I genuinely appreciate your writing style.

When I first learned Trump was running for POTUS I literally called him a clown out loud and shook my head. Of course this was my initial knee jerk reaction upon hearing the news. However, with anything which requires legitimate thought I reserved judgement and began to listen to him to understand what he is really about.

The Trump of today is very different from the Trump of the past when he was younger and in the NYC social scene. Like anyone who grows with wisdom and experience we all change. The man I was in my early twenties is nothing compared to the man I am today. 180 degree polar opposite in fact.

The abrasiveness of Trump so many find revolting actually makes me laugh now because as you implied he literally stands on the cliff's edge and doesn't take life too seriously. I think he could care less if he offends anyone. He has always worn his emotions on his sleeve and will continue to do so simply because this is the person he is. Exactly right too regarding his wealth. Anyone here who thinks making money is easy is a true fool and in the sense of being ignorant and incapable. Making money requires advanced strategic thinking and an ability to be charismatic when making deals.

I remember the head of the Latin American Business Leaders Association prior to the election making the statement that Donald Trump would never see the White House unless he has the support of the Hispanic community within the US. At that time he did not like Trump. One week later he met with Trump for 2 hours privately and came our of that meeting to say that Donald Trump was not the man the media presents him to be and that he had a completely different level of respect for him.

I guarantee behind closed doors if we were to have an opportunity to meet with and talk to Trump most people would see him entirely differently than what he portrays and what the media portrays. Who among us in a public setting doesn't project a false image from time to time. I will admit that I have from time to time. I will project a specific image when I need to accomplish a specific objective. It's what is necessary to accomplish a mission sometimes.

Well written post OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Trump the Fool! With Aces!

#NotMyTarotDeck

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Interestingly... if you do a google search on "trickster archetype" you get the same image of StaƄczyk in the results... along with a description of Donald Trump... LOL

Are you saying the thread was "borrowed" ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join