It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump The Fool

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

As I was reading LesMisanthrope's recent thread titled Anti-Trump Snobbery it gave me an idea for a new thread but I've posted quite a few threads in the mud-pit recently so I want to take a more philosophical approach in this thread rather than just attacking ideologies I don't agree with. As LesMis points out, much of the hatred towards Trump is aimed more at his mannerisms and personality rather than his ability to get stuff done. They just don't like what type of person he is and think he's a bad role model.

I don't think this is a totally unreasonable stance to take, Trump can of course be a buffoon and he has a huge ego that often leads to him saying and doing foolish things. I can see why people may be concerned he will make the U.S. look foolish to the rest of the world. However I think what those people tend to ignore is that he's intentionally trying to troll people with things like his CNN wresting tweet. And it had exactly the effect he intended; they took it way too seriously and ended up ruining themselves over a tweet.

This is the thing about fools, some of them have a weird type of intelligence that should never be underestimated. Trump didn't get where he is now through pure luck, he is not the complete idiot people like to make him out to be. Look at the pictures on the old tarot cards, the fool is often depicted as the joker or jester, someone who likes to play tricks, the original troll basically. They are often depicted as standing contentedly near the edge of a cliff as if to temp fate, never taking life too seriously, never letting it drag them down.

The Fool or The Jester is one of the 78 cards in a Tarot deck; one of the 22 Trump cards that make up the Major Arcana. The Fool is unnumbered; sometimes represented as 0 (the first) or XXII (the last) Major Arcana in decks.

The Fool (Tarot card)

Another interesting little tidbit; my avatar depicts the Goddess Eris holding her famous Golden Apple of Discord. According to Greek mythology the apple was "tossed in the midst of the feast of the gods at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis as a prize of beauty, thus sparking a vanity-fueled dispute among Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite that eventually led to the Trojan War". Eris basically trolled them, showing how easily great destruction is caused when people take stupid little things way too seriously instead of just being able to laugh at them.

A modern day jester or troll essentially does the same thing, they get people riled up over silly memes and they adopt a very care free attitude to life which I think is best expressed by the classic troll face image. Now I'm not saying trolls are a good thing, many trolls just think it's about hurting people and they miss the whole point. It's a form of political comedic commentary, it shows us just how much power a simple meme can have, it shows us that foolish things can have a great impact on the world, just look at the damage caused by CNN memes.

The Fool is a Trump card because he has a power that you may not expect if you simply judge the book by its cover, he possesses a strange type of wisdom which also often comes across in tarot card artwork, there is even a page on Wikipedia about the Wise Fool. That's not to say being foolish is always a good thing or that all fools are wise, but if you look at history you'll see a common trend that weird quirky people who don't fit the norm are often the same people at the helm of great things. They may appear completely unfit for the job but then do great things.

The question here is not whether Trump is "presidential enough", it's whether you can learn to be content with the world you live in and stop taking everything so seriously, because there's no rule saying a President cannot be a fool, G.W. Bush certainly wouldn't have been President if that were the case. If you're worried about the world hating you let me just assure you as someone who lives outside the U.S. that myself and many others are able to look past his occasional foolishness because we can see the good he is doing for the world.

I personally do not want to march full steam ahead into a globalist one world government hell hole as all these progressive politicians seem to want, and I've despised the MSM for a very long time so I love to see him destroy them without even breaking a sweat. If you read my past threads you'll see I initially did not like Trump because I thought he was too much of an egotistical idiot but I soon came to believe he may actually be a good thing for the world and what I've seen occur since the elections has only strengthened that belief.

Essentially it comes down to the fact that you cannot always get what you want, but some times you'll get what you need instead, even if you don't like it. You will fight and resist with all your might but the jester will avoid your punches in a drunken fashion without even trying. Btw if you're wondering what that painting is, it was done by Jan Matejko in 1862 and is titled "Stańczyk". I just slapped Trumps face on there for a little bit of a meme.

Stańczyk, the male figure depicted in the painting, was the court jester when Poland was at the height of its political, economic and cultural power during the era of the Renaissance in Poland, during the reign of King Sigismund I the Old (reigned 1506–1548).[1][2] He was a popular figure; besides his fame as a jester he has been described as an eloquent, witty, and intelligent man, using satire to comment on the nation's past, present, and future.[1][2] Unlike jesters of other European courts, Stańczyk has always been considered as much more than a mere entertainer.[3] Stańczyk's fame and legend were strong in his own time and enjoyed a resurgence in the 19th century, and he remains well-known to this day.[4]

Stańczyk (painting)

edit on 19/7/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Knob head comes into mind from yet again another unoriginal member of what ATS used to be....

TROLL...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The real fools are those who truly believe that Trump is a fool.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Very well written and reasoned... and prepare to repeatedly respond with "Did you READ the post?"

I think you are onto something there... and it's probably fair to say The Fool (...or "Trickster) is an archetypal character.

Interestingly... if you do a google search on "trickster archetype" you get the same image of Stańczyk in the results... along with a description of Donald Trump... LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can think of another card game that might involve Trump.

edit on 19-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

The real fools are those who truly believe that Trump is a fool.

Here OP, I'll do it for you... KH... did you even read the post?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Of course I did and if you had better reading comprehension, you'd understand I was backing OP up and was directing it at a different crowd.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Don't forget the Nordic God Loki.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Of course I did and if you had better reading comprehension, you'd understand I was backing OP up and was directing it at a different crowd.

My reading comprehension is fine... however... my caffeine level after a late night, is completely insufficient.

I stand corrected!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah Trump is no Stańczyk.

Reading that it actually occured to me how much better we'd be with a 16th century jester as president.

Then I felt bad for us all.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I seldom star or flag as much here is mundane. This thread however deserves both.

I thought he was too much of an egotistical idiot but I soon came to believe he may actually be a good thing for the world

I will change the wording a bit for me, making 'thought' to 'think'. And indeed he may be a good thing for the world in that his examples may serve for us to clean up our own acts, liberals and conservatives and take more seriously our need to accept our neighbors varying opinions. Both sides claim to want freedom of speech yet both seem to decry anyone who uses it.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Reading that it actually occured to me how much better we'd be with a 16th century jester as president.

He assumed the status as POTUS already extremely wealthy. How many politicians go into office being worth millions versus how many leave being worth millions?

Think outside that partisan bubble once in a while.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's aimed at the total package. Mannerisms, manners, knowledge, actions, words and lack of basic abilities.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No problem, and sorry if I came off as a bit rude. I need my caffeine as well..

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Trump The Fool

I do find him entertaining and amusing.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I really do think he's a fool. always have.

I think he got where he is today with a loan and an ego, kinda like the Kardashians. they're good at branding and reality tv... lol, just like trump. yuck.

he doesn't seem to have much of an attention span especially if the issue doesn't concern him. not good for a president or for those who support him.

a president who trolls.. ugh, that's awful. he enjoys it, too..

i'd prefer a grown up.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's aimed at the total package. Mannerisms, manners, knowledge, actions, words and lack of basic abilities.

My point would still be the same even if he was bad at his job. It doesn't matter if her royal highness thinks he's a crappy person and bad at his job. Until your camp can dig up anything showing Trump deserves to be impeached then no amount of whining is going to change the reality you live in.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

so, if he goes in with millions and makes million more that's okay? as long as he goes in with money? lol

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: underwerks

He assumed the status as POTUS already extremely wealthy. How many politicians go into office being worth millions versus how many leave being worth millions?

Think outside that partisan bubble once in a while.

What does money have to do with anything? Some of the biggest fools I've ever known have been the richest.

Money doesn't denote any special kind of intelligence. Most of the time it's the exact opposite.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join