It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily thread limit?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
You're way above all that, of course.

Yup, when I don't want to read about politics I don't read about politics. I don't go and not read about politics and then whine about it.

If this place is "fine the way it is run".. well, how come so many people honestly try to suggest improvements?

Why do people constantly say, 'In my day...', or, 'This generation isn't as good as...'?

I do not whine...

Your last three threads groused about how you want your 'old ATS back', yet you do nothing personally to get your old ATS back. Complaining solves nothing. Making threads about how much you don't like the site now and how you want to stifle others only reveals that you favor operating under more rules and policies that align with your beliefs. Must be a cultural thing.

I believe that one of those threads I wrote about the loss of quality of the site was amongst the most popular, most starred and flagged ones this year. This, to me, signifies that I am certainly not the only person "whining" about the nature of this site.

Do you personally know why some of those people are not around? That was rhetorical, you don't.

I do in some cases and it isn't because they don't like the site.

Again, one can't enjoy a meal when there is dung all over the floor. You can't ignore the stench.

If the site is that unwholesome for your dainty sensibilities, why are you still here? It's not like you expended any effort to enhance the place, you just spread your own crap on the floor.

Again, and finallly: I am still in favour of limiting the amount of threads one can start here. That not only to improve the quality of this site, but also to protect members that probably neglect other important tasks in their lives just to start (yet another) meaningless thread in here. It often puzzles me how much time some members spend in here - don't they have lives, I wonder? Anyway.

I'm in favor of letting the site owners run the place the way they want, since, you know, they own it.

edit on 22-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join