It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily thread limit?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Maybe they will have a "lightbulb" moment after reading this.

The only light bulb moments partisan hacks get is when you reply to them, then they realize they can get a rise out of you. Ignore them or satirize them. The first will render them irrelevant and the second will go over their heads because most of them are rather dim.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'd like to propose that ATS considers a daily thread limit for members.

We have a few members who in my opinion have been spamming the boards with many asinine threads on superfluous topics and many times on the same topic over and over again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I'm not saying to start sensoring folks. But maybe set a cap of no more than 2 threads per forum a day for any member.

I believe this might help the new topics and live feed pages become less polluted with these redundant threads that add nothing to their topics.

Ummm...hear...hear...I mean..."Can't we all just get along"...It's time to move on to bigger and better things...

and no...I really don't wish all the leftists any ill will...truly...

matter of fact...I will studiously seek to achieve a non sarcastic monotone to my posts...a humorless only on topic banality...designed to illicit colorless and equally single syllabled responses...

A totally non-confrontational PC speak where no four letter words are uttered...ever...

Oops...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I miss all the fun. silly timezones.

you all need to just start considering midnight lunch and all manner of things, so us in the future can keep up :/

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe they will have a "lightbulb" moment after reading this.

The only light bulb moments partisan hacks get is when you reply to them, then they realize they can get a rise out of you. Ignore them or satirize them. The first will render them irrelevant and the second will go over their heads because most of them are rather dim.

True, so true. In my case it's better to avoid the entire travesties, which I'm becoming more inclined to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I hear you. Start a cool thread, I'll make sure I post in it.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: angeldoll

I hear you. Start a cool thread, I'll make sure I post in it.

Cool threads are your department!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You propose a pretty good idea. Though it places a limit on people's freedom so that's why this is meet with such distaste. The ones showing strong emotions from this are the ones you are a referring too.

It was about 15 years ago I had a name on this site. I can't remember. Back then. You would never get a post on your tread if you didn't bring information and links. If you didn't do the research and articulate your words correctly your idea went no where. Those were the good days. It's one of the reasons I haven't made a thread yet. Want them to be as perfect as possible.

We can only hope others find discipline within themselves.
edit on 19-7-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

We constantly have the same members here who are obsessed with creating threads and trolling their conservative and liberal views. I've honestly stayed away from this site for awhile because of the constant trolling and the reluctance of many to accept truths and basic facts. It's one thing to side with a liberal or conservative view, it's another to ignore and defend lies, scandals and other political wrongs.

When I joined ATS, I thought many were above the fray and called out political wrongs on both political parties no matter what party they aligned themselves with. After all, I thought members of ATS were looking for truth, not justifying their political party lies and scandals. I thought this was a community who put political partisanship aside. Instead all I see is personal attacks on posters if they call-out political false hoods against the opposite party. We should be better than this! After all, this is a conspiracy web site. We all want to get at the truth behind the powers who control us! We can't get there if we're not honest with ourselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Cool threads are your department!

I see how you got your screenname.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Nice suggestion. I too like it.

Might help seperate the wheat from the chaff and bring back more quality content.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

HELL YES!!!!!!

I think I know just who you're referring to and they are definitely packing & repacking certain forums with pure garbage and they're doing it to the point that it feels like we have to wade through a mile of sewage just to find a decent thread to participate in.

Or if they won't put a daily limit on threads, the least they could do would be to include the identity of the thread's author on the boards so that we don't have to click on the thread just to find out it's another piece of garbage posted by one of our resident trolls.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Drives ya crazy eh.

I say the limit should be 24 per 24 hours.

What's fair is fair right ?

micro-managing usually fails bigtime.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Then you will just see a huge jump in sock puppet accounts

I propose a much easier solution....

Don't read threads you don't like 😉

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

With wisdom like that you can come from behind the mask.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Seems to be a cesspool of MSM story's that lack both in proof,and one agenda,same crap over and over,one could pray Slayer might post something of substance,kids are out of school and running amok

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

We have a few members who in my opinion have been spamming the boards with many asinine threads on superfluous topics and many times on the same topic over and over again.

Kinda like those snowflake anti-Trump threads...I hear yeah those triggered snowflakes just don't know when to quit

One thing is for sure...any collective input on any topic is up to you to decide if you are willing to make a post or not.

I honestly don't care for some threads and others I get hot and sweaty to make a post in.

IMO there are some members that have that urge to go out and research many topics and then share those many topics in many threads in a day and that is totally fine with me. Hell, I have done that spamming spree before, and one day I will do it again
mwuahahaha
edit on 19-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

With wisdom like that you can come from behind the mask.

🤣😂. No mask lately, I reserve it for the few occasions I make an ass out of myself, which I hope is becoming fewer and farther between old friend 👍🏼 🍻 cheers bud

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Im ok with a thread limit. Considering how many people just throw one sentence, maybe two and then a link. No pictures no video very little personal remarks.

Lets start at three. Because the most I ever make in a day is three, and they are usually loaded with images and videos and multiple sources with moderate bits of my opinion and thoughts mixed in for good measure. I don't think I rarely see any members do more than three a day anyways.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Put more thought and time into a thread, not every time you have a thought. Which seems to be the case. Or atleast have a wide variety of different topics!

Quality > quantity

edit on 19-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Skywatcher2011

Kinda like those snowflake anti-Trump threads...I hear yeah those triggered snowflakes just don't know when to quit

watchitburn

So you were fine with the daily barrage of pro-Trump reach-around circle-jerk threads but now, what with the increase in anti-Trump threads, you want to CENSOR what you don't agree with and what perhaps triggers you? LOL

That is the very definition of hypocrisy and double standards.

Talk about snowflakes....

I do agree that there are some ill-thought and composed threads (by BOTH sides) just because they want to either be the "first" or to just stir the pot. BUT, there *are* standards for creating threads (insofar as T&C are concerned), which I think should be better enforced.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join