It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eeegads! Does Trump Need a Dog Collar And Leash To Be Pulled Away From Twitter And Putin?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I responded.
You're on vacation?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You figured right. Because it was different.

But its Obama. He can do no right. Right?
See how the pendulum swings.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I responded.
You're on vacation?

There seems to be a delay between U2Us from the USA to and from France.

Nope I am not on holiday (vacation) but working.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Pictures?

Never mind, it was Brit humour...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: destination now

Does Trump speak Russian?

No but oddly enough Putin does speak English. I guess not fluently hence the need for a translator.
I've seen him lean in a speak to trump and trump responding directly so he understood what he was saying .

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Does Trump speak Russian?

No but oddly enough Putin does speak English. I guess not fluently hence the need for a translator.
I've seen him lean in a speak to trump and trump responding directly so he understood what he was saying .

Ear plugs and mics...

Take it from me... I have travelled the world many many times to various different countries with different languages and cultures and it is not easy in a crowded room to try and concentrate on one persons dialogue when there are many people all around you speaking various languages.

I force myself into a "bubble" sometimes in order to understand and communicate with the person I am discussing with and occasionally certain people find this rude but this is the only way to have a discussion when in a crowded room under such circumstances.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 19-7-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They are actually wearing earpieces most of the time and listening to the translations through them. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Putin did know some English, though probably not enough to hold an intense conversation at that type of event.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

But Putin does speak English.

Russian President Vladimir Putin may have been praising Donald Trump’s listening skills last week but on Monday, his own abilities as a good speaker were receiving plaudits. Putin’s English, seldom heard by western audiences, is good enough to correct his translators, according to the man hired to speak on Putin’s behalf.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Good for him, many other nations have a general knowledge of English, but if Putin was trying to speak to a Japanese delegate, he would probably need a translator. Some people are able to be multi-linguists but not many. Though as I say many other nationalities do have some English.

That's pretty irrelevant though. My question was, what was an American translator..there is no such language as American (although some may dispute that with the butchering of the English language) and translators do not need to be of the nationality they are translating for.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I hate to point out the obvious but flying and being tossed are not the same.
So my original statement stands unchallenged.
Lol
edit on 7192017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I hate to pinot out the obvious but flying and being tossed are not the same.
So my original statement stands unchallenged.
Lol

What is a Pinot Silly?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Weak fingers on an on-screen keyboard.
Lol

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Weak fingers on an on-screen keyboard.
Lol

The only Pinot I know is Pinot Noir which is a variant of raisin for decent wine in my neck of the woods...

Try bandaging wooden splints to each finger before typing or failing that, a bottle of Château St Georges (Cabernet) 1966 (down your neck and not taped to each finger of course!)... Or both at the same time...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 19-7-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Pinot is good

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I hate to disagree. Well no I don't, I thrive on it but I digress.
I can listen to a British program on tv and not understand some of what they're saying. They speak english and technically so do I but Lordy they are not the same English. Lol.
Even from north to south here the language differs so I'd say informally there is a language that is distinctly American. Not a formal language but a dialect.
Actually I love all the different versions of English and the different accents. I'm fascinated by how it evolved outside the UK. In south Africa and India and Australia and here of course.

But I don't see how that changes the fact that Putin does indeed speak English. And trump speaks American lol.
A colloquial version of it anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No, Trump speaks English.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Too dry for me. Great in tomato sauce!
I like sweeter wines like a white Zinfindel or some Australian Moscato. (Pink of course despite my vulgarity here I'm a girly girl. )

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah ok. You missed one.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I just really need to slow down. I try typing like its a real keyboard and boy can my fingers fly (no not like the pigs) I had someone stop at my desk once years ago because they couldn't believe how fast I was typing. They thought I was playing around until I told them to watch my screen. But if you do something every day for thirty years you're bound to get good at it. I type fast but this little one finger keyboard is too sensitive.
Almost every post in make has an edit because of clumsy fingers.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Too dry for me. Great in tomato sauce!
I like sweeter wines like a white Zinfindel or some Australian Moscato. (Pink of course despite my vulgarity here I'm a girly girl. )

How DARE you have such bad taste in wine... But each and everyone to their own tastebuds I suppose!

We have a family vineyard over here in France... (5 generations now and knocking on to nearly 6 in a couple of months...)

Leave that New World poo alone and try going back to the basics... Just try... It will grow on you...

Let me know when you come over to France and i will knock you and your hubs socks off with an palatiable culinary orgasm...

Read between the lines my dear.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I just really need to slow down. I try typing like its a real keyboard and boy can my fingers fly (no not like the pigs) I had someone stop at my desk once years ago because they couldn't believe how fast I was typing. They thought I was playing around until I told them to watch my screen. But if you do something every day for thirty years you're bound to get good at it. I type fast but this little one finger keyboard is too sensitive.
Almost every post in make has an edit because of clumsy fingers.

Tis good that you have this talent but don't forget that a keyboard (or a typewriter for us oldies) is like an old Triumph Spitfire and that you really have to put your foot down on the clutch slowly but surely before changing gears...

Warmest

Lags

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join