It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats With the Acne?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have acne on my face. Some times it's considerably less severe than others, but nonetheless it is still there. I used Oxy pads for about a year a guess, but then i started realizing it was making my face worse. Through the past few years I've tried rubbing alchohol, witch hazel, Clearasil, plain warm tap water, various gels/creams, masks, lemon/lime juice, you name it. Within the past year, however, I've been using Pro-Active. This still hasnt cured my acne. These things in varying doses, times, orders, etc have all had different affects on my face, but I can't be so sure what works for me and what doesnt. I've come to the acception that some people have acne (me) and some people don't. It's really not as bad as I make it sound in this, but my complexion definately isnt the best in the world. Insight would be nice. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The one piece of advice I can give you is to see a Dermatologist. They can provide you with prescription medication (both oral and topical dependant upon severity). I had acne as a teenager. Some days were worse than others, but as I got older it thankfully went away. There are many things that can be done professionaly. You should seek the proper advice.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yes I agree with SupaFly If you have tried many things already I think its best to have a chat to your doc about this as there are many creams that he may be able to prescribe you with,

Also depending on your age, you may just grow out of it in time,

But again I suggest that you get some Advice from you Doctor,

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You probably have sensitive skin and the various things you've used are aggravating it.

I purchase pascalite clay from www.pascalite.com..., which is a pure powdered clay of high grade and use it as a clay face mask which is excellent for all skin conditions.

Your doctor might recommend you get on the antibiotic Minocycline, which my son went on for teen acne. It is a low cost acne treatment; I used a similar antibiotic when I had acne in early thirties and it worked.

Also your dermatologist might recommend Accutane if you get severe outbreaks, I was on that for adult acne and it completely eliminated all acne. However you must be sexually abstinent as it causes birth defects.

good luck!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Do not get on accutane. Ive heard studies show that it can cause severe depression.

Also I would stay away from antibiotics, because they eat away all of your antibodies which can really
mess up your immunesystem.

Heres some advice.

Stay away from mirrors and picking.Do not eat alot of sweets or drink soda. drink some water also.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Truth]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
go see your doc and ask for 100 pills of tetracyclin and cortozone cream 10

use the cortozone cream very lighty, and stay out of tanning beds with the tetracyclin...

If you don't want ot see your doctor get tea tree oil, it's an anti-fungal oil that is used for many problems including ear problems, it's healing oinment with many benefits, I had the sheet about the benefits but I lost it, goodle it with ance and i'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't know your eating or drinking habits But You should try cutting back on the soda and junk food and drink plenty of water Thats what I did and the majority of my acne went away All I do is just drink water

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, I seriously don't think my diet is the problom. I drink what a assume is plenty of water, which is about 3 glasses a day. I never drink soda unless I don't have any other choice. I try to stay away from excess salt and sugar. I don't eat at McDonald's, which one being right beside my house is hard to do. I tried staying away from high fructose corn syrup, which someone told me was bad for your face. I gave up on that, however, since it's in everything now. I try to eat a wide variety of things, including furits and vegitables, and in moderation. Any particular food that helps? I heard somewhere that sunflower seeds and banannas helped, but I tried that for a few days and my face either showed no improvement or got worse. I can't stay away from the mirror. Thats impossible. If there's a bump i decide needs to be popped, I pop it. If it doesnt pop right away, I'm screwed because them a have a big red welp there the rest of the day. So other than seeing the dermatolist, which I don't plan on doing, I don't know what else I can do. Vitamin supplements maybe? (Natural ones, not anything like accutane). I'm 16 so I guess I have time for it to go away. I just wish it would hurry. This is sorta putting a damper on what should be some of the best years of my life.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
TEE TREE OIL!!!

GOOGLE IT

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
TEA TREE OIL!!!

GOOGLE IT

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
TrueLies,

Just out of curiousity i googled tea tree oil. What kind of experiences have you had with it? It seems like it should be taken sparingly because it's very strong. I'm thinking about trying it out, but I'd like some more feedback...if you don't mind. Thanks

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I read an article on the subject once and read that for some people the problem is in the genes and medication may not help. That was the case with me. My family is heavly italian and we have naturally oily skin and hair. But almost everyone in my family has had a problem between 13 - 19 then it went away. If people make fun of you its out of ignorance because alot of the time kids and adults alike have little or no control over it.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thats how it is with me. Im 50% Italian and I have oily skin too. I don't know what it is about italians, its like we sweat olive oil
or something.

Also to the original poster. Ive heard that stress or anxiety may cause alot of acne as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Your probably right... if theres one thing I know that I am it's stressed. I've thought about just letting everything go - say what I want, do what I want, go where i want when i want - but I decided the consequeces of this are too great to both myself and my family. One day, I'll let go and be a free person though. But from the looks of it I still have some time left to waste in my cell. I'm not Italian, but my family does have pretty oily skin. Another thing thats likely contributing to my problom is anxiety, which i guess is similar to stress, over this one girl... But thats besides the point. I'll look into the Tee Tree oil thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Accidently posted twice. How do you cancel a post?

[edit on 9-2-2005 by spitting_duck]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yea, especially if yu get anxiety attacks. I have that all the time. It aint no fun trust me.

May I ask if you don't mind what stresses you out?

peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
May I ask if you don't mind what stresses you out?
peace.

I don't mind answering that...

Loud noise, bri taking to long to answer a questionalarm clock buzz sound, my dog barking unexpededly, ect

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I can definitely understand the loud noise part. I hate loud noises too, especially that screaming rock music.

Nothing like silence.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I had acne problems a coupla years ago. My dermatologist gave me Retin-A-micro. It peeled off some of my skin for like the first month but then my face got so clear and has been ever since. Yea and since you seem to be eating right it might just be the hormones.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Tea Tree oil works for everyone I know who uses it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join