It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atypical' form of mad cow disease confirmed in Alabama cow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
11 year old beef cow at a live stock market?
At no time presented a risk to food supply? It was at a market and was noticed during "normal surveillance". The farmer had to know it was sick. And the farmer was going to sell this beast and being as old as it is, I wonder what huge hamburger chain was going to grind this cow up and feed it to us?

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has confirmed an "atypical" case of bovine spongiform encephalopothy (BSE), commonly known as mad cow disease, in an 11-year old beef cow in Alabama but emphasized that the animal never entered the slaughterhouse and "at no time presented a risk to food supply or to human health."
According to a news release from the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries, the sick animal was discovered during routine surveillance at an Alabama livestock market. The animal died at the market before entering the slaughter channels and samples were sent to a USDA lab in Iowa for confirmation.

This is thought to be a naturally occurring form of this disease ( A typical) not the disease that was caused by the cow eating other cows brain and spinal cords as feed. Feeding cows other cows was outlawed in 1997.
When ever huge $$$ is involved, and in this case it does. My spidey senses tingle.

The atypical or L-type BSE that was confirmed in Alabama Tuesday "generally occurs in older cattle, usually 8 years of age or greater," according to the USDA news release. "It seems to arise rarely and spontaneously in all cattle populations."

This is the fifth detection of BSE in the United States and the second in Alabama. Of the four previous U.S. cases, the first was a case of classical BSE that was imported from Canada. The rest have been atypical (H- or L-type) BSE.
www.al.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Living in the U S A

Somebody give me a cheese burger!!
edit on 18-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Coza

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
happens shortly after we get a deal to sell beef to China?

Illuminati in 3....2....1.....go

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

She was almost certainly a cull. If the farmer was using her for breeding and she'd been a calf producer every year, there may have been no reason to cut her from the herd until she didn't produce a calf.

I don't know how quickly the a-typical form takes to really show symptoms, but he may or may not have noticed.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And just when you think we're rid of something, we're not.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If the "surveillance" noticed I would suspect a farmer to know.

Any farmer I have ever bought beef from knew when their cows were well, and more importantly when a cow was sick. Cows are expensive.

For what my opinion is worth.
edit on 18-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hell can't eat beef- mad cow

can't eat chicken-steroids

can't eat seafood - high mercury levels, radiation worries, oil and chemicals in the gulf

can't eat fruit and vegetables - pesticides and GMO

milk- allergies lactose intolerant

wheat- gluten

of course i'm playing but hell does anybody really trust the FDA,

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

who funds them?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

who funds them?

US citizens do through taxes.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hold on while I Google Mad Cow Disease on my trusty old IBM 5100.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

LOL.... yeah we fund everything. Taxes are just a way to launder money. Thats not what I meant.

who lobbies for them. Who alocates the money.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

LOL.... yeah we fund everything. Taxes are just a way to launder money. Thats not what I meant.

who lobbies for them. Who alocates the money.

No one "lobbys" for them . That money is set aside as they are part of the US Federal Government.
Well , in this case it was the Alabama Agricultural Commission . Same funding , just passed down from the Fed
edit on 7/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Hold on while I Google Mad Cow Disease on my trusty old IBM 5100.

Even I had to look that one up.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The problem I had with this was the 11 year old part...Unless I miss my guess , that is a lot old for beef cattle.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Living in the U S A

Somebody give me a cheese burger!!

Dont you worry , this type of occurrence knows no one country
Was a mess of it in the UK a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

www.opensecrets.org...

This was not the FDA . This was the Alabama Agricultural Commission . Confirmed by the US Agricultural Commission
FDA just ran the tests...

edit on 7/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Big Pharma and Con Agra to name a couple, but yea I get your point.

Was watching tv the other night and they were showing how,some beef suppliers could take what they were calling "Meat Glue" and use it to bind trimmings together in a roll wrapped in plastic, refrigerate it, then slice it and sell as beef tenderloin.

Also saw where some restaurants had begun using small local farms produce, in their restaurants. But the FDA stepped in and stopped it because of concerns it wasn't safe and approved for commercial use. While there probably needs to some oversight in some areas from restaurants like meats poultry seafood dont see how vegetables and fruits fit that criteria. These weren't some unsavory looking restaurants these were nice establishments with loyal and satisfied clientele. I mean damn the big grocery stores dont ever have a good tomato, but I can always find great ones at the local stand.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I can see the MSM jumping on this and trying to start a panic. Why...gee i wonder.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Wake up.

Mad cow disease = prions

Cannabinoids protect you from getting neurodegenerative disease in the first place. Including, from prions, like in MCD.

Our results suggest that CBD may protect neurons against the multiple molecular and cellular factors involved in the different steps of the neurodegenerative process, which takes place during prion infection. When combined with its ability to target the brain and its lack of toxic side effects, CBD may represent a promising new anti-prion drug.

Nonpsychoactive Cannabidiol Prevents Prion Accumulation and Protects Neurons against Prion Toxicity
edit on 19-7-2017 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join