It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria approves Iran naval base near Russia's airbase in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
To reward Iran's support for Syria in its battle in the Arab uprising, Syria has approved Iran to set up a naval base near Russia's air base outside Jableh. I think it's a good move. Iran is a potent ally against salafists. Shia are the most peaceful Muslims. As followers of Muhammad and his family, Shia never commit any jihad.

russia-insider.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Shia are the most peaceful Muslims.

No, they're not.

Shia never commit any jihad.

Yes, they do.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There goes property value and the neighborhood...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

How is this a surprise?

Considering that the people of Syria have been defended by Iran and Russia in the face of international war criminals, that actively sought to arm ISIS and Al CIA DA in order to topple the Syrian government for a variety of reasons, how is this an issue?

When you have enemies on all sides, Israel/Jordan/Turkey, that actively work with the west to destroy a county, subjecting the people to 6 years of horrific war crimes, from lunatic mercenaries, it only makes sense that the few allies that Syria has, would be invited in to strengthen their position.

Was this an attempt at sarcasm?

If not I agree, if so touche, even though I disagree!

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmTuesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22471077]allsee4eye[/post

U.S, response? Go ahead....make my day.....

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
peaceful Muslims

What is a peaceful muslim?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: allsee4eye
peaceful Muslims

What is a peaceful muslim?

Think like a peaceful Christian.

I know thinking is really hard sometimes.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: [post=22471077]allsee4eye[/post

U.S, response? Go ahead....make my day.....

America is so good at winning conflicts.

May as well give it another try with another country.

Can't win against 3rd world country, so let's try first world country this time.

That makes sense, it can only end well, right?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

need a new place for their ski boats.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Actually, my response would be non-military in nature. I would allow full exports of U.S. refined and non-refined oil products from the U.S.. It would be qualified with mandatory exchange in U.S. petro dollars and drive down even further the international price of oil.

That would quash Iranian and Russian financial returns and likely finish off Russia economically once and for all.

Iran would lose it's biggest ally and would be all-in depending on China's assistance. We would address China at a later date...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

you sure do dream big!
Unfortunately, Russia has just begun its economic Renaissance, but nobody would know it if they only read and watch domestic media.

Every year, less nations buy and sell their petrol in dollars, not more. BRICS as a whole and independently have already created their alternatives to the current financial system dominated by NATO member nations through the IMF, World Bank, SWIFT and. When they tried to sanction Russia from being able to use the electronic payment clearing system, they simply created their own. They did it relatively quickly and with little hardship.

Now their inability to use our payment clearing system is 100% irrelevant. So much for sanctions eh?? With the AIIB and New Development Bank and other institutions already in full swing, Asian and African countries not only do not need to submit themselves to the highway robbery that is IMF and World Bank emergency loans, they are already turning to that system for their infrastructure an development needs.

Russia continues to land more defense contracts in nations that use to buy from the US. China continues to strike better bargains for infrastructure development in strategic countries like Djibouti for example, where they are building their first overseas base.

I love my country, but it is clear we are soon about to sit out for a generation or so on the world stage as far as financing and development deals go. Pretty much every serious economist understands that the 21st century spotlight will go to Asia as far as wealth accumulation and foreign policy will go. Russia is part of that. Hopefully the news does not break too many hearts.

It seems the world has grown weary of selling their national assets and resources into the private ownership of USA and EU nations.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Russia has just begun its economic Renaissance, but nobody would know it if they only read and watch domestic media.

Yet the Russian economy is a mess. Undiversified, under-invested and riddled with corruption, not to mention flattened by sanctions due to Russia's belligerence in Ukraine. Not sure what you are reading, but perhaps a look at some real economic journals. GDP about the size of Australia. Income inequality worse than the US.

Too many people over-egg Russia and the BRICS.

To the OP. Does Iran have a navy that will exploit the naval base? Who cares, it's a token. The more likely prospect is the potential for an oil pipeline terminus, which probably exposes the real reasons for Russian and Iranian interest in propping up the dictator Assad. It's all too late. By the time oil is presented to Europe the world will have moved on, because (yes) it will take decades.
edit on 19/7/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
With a sustained Naval presence & a long term port on the Syrian coast, Iran is not confined to only the Black Sea waters...

Are we seeing the building of the diplomatic infrastructure for a Syrian-Russian-Iranian joint venture to pipeline the gas-oil reserves from Central Asia to a Mediterranian distribution point, for delivery to N Africa and the surviving form of the EU ?

I say yes, even as Iran-Russia-Syria-Iraq are creating a land blockade which will Devolve the present open-border, Easy-Travel between Turkey & Saudi Arabia...The Persians are creating their own Iron Curtain Crescent with the aid of Russia & Syria and their own proxy armies to contest the USA+Coalition+ISIS/AQ/Al-Nusra type of constant destruction & Imperialism leveraged with sanctioned Genocide-of Christians & Yazidis among others

...and the petroleum distribution port is not the only reason for a new Iranian Naval presence on the eastern end of the Med.

the Anglo-American coalition will be backing Erdogan of Turkey as he has designs on becoming the Caliph and in taking control of both Mecca/Medina and securing Jerusalem (Quds) for Islam...
there should be...by all rights...a conflict between the Turk-ish Renewal of the Ottoman Empire & the Theocratic Republic of Islamic Iran... with the Anglo-American empire sitting at the table & lying like all get-out with the aim of becoming the 10 horn/7 headed RedBeast of Revelation....
edit on th31150049125719072017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31150049134119092017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sorry but the U.S. dumping extra oil supplies on the world market, and at lower prices than BRICS, is leverage OPEC, Russia et al cannot ignore
. The Petro Dollar would have been long gone if a collapse of the U.S. didn't also collapse the world economy. Likewise the Yuan and the Euro-zone.

Sorry, but no 'rebirth for Russia without a major jump in oil prices. After all, Putin has no use for TPTB and WMF. So Russia has only one out, that is an 'accord with the U.S..

China is leveraged internally based on a 15% per annum growth in the GDP. Insanity. None you cite are any better off than the U.S..

Think bigger....

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
China, Russia and Saudi are not even using dollars between each other. They use Gold, and Chinese currency. Australia and the US are exporting more gold to China than they produce, requiring imports to meet the demand. USD is unfortunately on the decline, but our President can and will help bring changes that can strengthen that, and has already.

The problem is there will still be a shocking hiccup to our system. Many signs point to the end of third quarter this year for some, issues to be dealt with. Besides, we will still dominate militarily, that won't disappear.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I can see them using gold for currency, but the Yuan??

The Chinese have been essentially money laundering that currency. Buying real estate, mines oil rights, on and on, using the Yuan. That's gotten rid of a fair sum of that paper.

Any wager China will not accept the Yuan back if and when they sell?....

I don't see Putin accepting Chinese currency either, unless China has him between a rock and a hard place.

Agree re Trump, he's already reversed the Nat'l debt direction and without Congressional backing! He just puts the funds from cancelled programs back to Treasury. If that isn't evidence of his intentions, I don't know what is...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They are already trading in gold and Yuan.

Soren K. Group
Trade is now being done between Saudi Arabia, Chain and Russia in Yuan and Gold Bullion. And Blockchain is accelerating that change.

Here SRSrocco sees a sign we missed, The Aussie Factor. China is long gold. Therefore it only makes sense they will use it to make payment for oil from Russian and the Saudis. This is active dedollarization of eastern trade.

Our Previous articles on the topic:

Watch Williams Connect the Dots: Gold > USD > PetroDollar > GoldenYuan - Some detective work on how the earth is moving under the West's feet
When China Confiscates Gold- Get Silver like JPM - this describes the market structure of Gold ownership in China
Golden Yuan: Oil Up 2.9% as OPEC, Russia Talk Cheaply - describes the trends and counter trends in Petrodollar demise

All I am saying, and some analysts as well, is be vigilante. The greater trend is irrelevant to me or you. The important question is are you hedged/positioned to gain from the inevitable, rather than question where and how we went wrong in history?

Other than that, I see Israel as just having to live with the fact that Iran will be right next door now. With the Administration here having ended the arming of Syrian rebels, they will likely not remain behind much longer in the Al-Tanf border area where they have cut the land route between Hezbollah and Iran. The only way to keep that pocket is for US forces to risk a prolonged direct engagement with the Syrian coalition as they consolidate the rest of the country and eventually demand their land back.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
France and the UK political failed desperados are now supporting another wave of terorists to enter Syria from Iraq.
This will simply be muffled within 2-3 days by heavy strikes against EU backed terrorists. Germany and Italy are also active in the loser's game at full speed.

top topics

join