It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Childrens Book: Mandella Effect?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
He was dipped in gold his entire body. This is when he was owned by senator organa they also reset his memory. Thus was to hide information about the twins. An attempt was made on the senator by placing a bomb in his leg. The leg was removed and replaced. The reason behind it is they wanted to show C3po was around a lot longer then even he is aware of. This is why he has no memory of like skywalker

This was part of star wars lore through there comic series which was released after the first movie. I remember going back and looking at the movie after reading it just to check. Before that I totally missed it and thought he was all gold.
edit on 7/19/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The leg has always been silver, it's not always obvious I think though with the rest of him being gold, but take it from a massive Star Wars nerd. That leg is silver

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Even the original "Alien" was far out in 1979, but when you watch it now, you see the old single colour monitor tv computer screens.....all high tech at the time......but old as the hills now.

one of the scenes from alien needed a reshoot, i forget which scene but if paused correctly the alien can be seen wearing a pair of nike trainers.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: gort51

Even the original "Alien" was far out in 1979, but when you watch it now, you see the old single colour monitor tv computer screens.....all high tech at the time......but old as the hills now.

one of the scenes from alien needed a reshoot, i forget which scene but if paused correctly the alien can be seen wearing a pair of nike trainers.

No, that was Jack Sparrow with price tags in his wig.

This mondo effect is getting redonculous.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

I was at the premiere of Star Wars and watched it many times afterwards. C3PO was all gold. When I had my son in 1980 I took him to all the Star Wars movies. I decorated his birthday cakes with Star Wars figurines several times. He was all gold. He had all the action figurines, C 3PO was all gold. Oh, also mugs and cereal bowls. All gold.

That's because he is all gold. The reason he appears silver in different parts of the costume throughout the film is due to lighting. Look at the clips I provided, the first is the original release.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
They had him with two gold-colored legs in the children's book because no one could recognize him with the silver leg.

edit on 19-7-2017 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here...

edit on 19-7-2017 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I have a scholastic book club book from 1978. I think I got in like 1st/2nd grad..Here is what is in that book..I put down my username so you didn't think I just pulled it off random web

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree, the lighting did effect the color.

Note: I told my son who is using a sous vide (not sure how to spell it) about your apocalypse menu in NY, he really freaked out about it, lot's of laughing in a dark humor sort of way, lol.

STM

edit on 19-7-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was at the premiere of Star Wars and watched it many times afterwards. C3PO was all gold. When I had my son in 1980 I took him to all the Star Wars movies. I decorated his birthday cakes with Star Wars figurines several times. He was all gold. He had all the action figurines, C 3PO was all gold. Oh, also mugs and cereal bowls. All gold.

That's because he is all gold. The reason he appears silver in different parts of the costume throughout the film is due to lighting. Look at the clips I provided, the first is the original release.

Anothony Daniels, C-3PO in the "Star Wars" movies, explains to USA TODAY's Carly Mallenbaum why many didn't notice his character's silver leg. And what about that red arm in “The Force Awakens”? Robert Hanashiro, USA TODAY
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
All I know is that in my timeline, Nelson Mandela spelled his last name the way I just did -- with one "l".

I mean, there are sooooooo many people (such as the creator of this thread) who think it's spelled "Mandella" that it can't possibly be due to the idea that people aren't paying attention, and it MUST be due to changes in the timeline.

That's the most reasonable explanation.

edit on 19/7/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree, the lighting did effect the color.

Yeah, it's normally not something you notice the first time through since the movie is so 'big' you're caught up with other aspects but when you have far too much time as a kid you watch it 50 times and see these things.

Note: I told my son who is using a sous vide (not sure how to spell it) about your apocalypse menu in NY, he really freaked out about it, lot's of laughing in a dark humor sort of way, lol.

Hah. He's invited if he wants.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Which is what I said, the lighting affected the costume.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Which is what I said, the lighting affected the costume.

I thought you said his leg was always gold the actor said it was silver and the lighting sometimes made it look gold.

It's true: Before 'The Force Awakens,' C-3PO always had a silver shin.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Then why were all the action figures, etc all gold? At least until 2005?

STM

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

STM

because it was simpler and cheaper for manufacturers to futz around with one color instead of two.

I had tie-in dolls for different franchises back then that didn't look ANYTHING like the characters they represented. that's not uncommon.

a book or an action figure proves nothing.

i have a rubber chewbacca from back in the day with blue eyes. does that mean anything? it does not.
edit on 19-7-2017 by fiverx313 because: blue-eyed chewbacca = mandela effect? spoiler: no

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a little more information about the star wars childrens book droid duo.

Illustrated by Ken Steacy
A GOLDEN BOOK - NEW YORK
Golden Books Publishing Company, Inc., Racine, Wisconsin 53404
Printed in the U.S.A

Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 96-79776
ISBN: 0-307-10212-2

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I had gotten this book when i was seven years old on a trip to new york where i saw star wars for the first time.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'll bet there was a costume malfunction and they did not have a spare piece in the same colour, it was not intentional so the early books and action figures did not reference it. Then in time the lore regarding the silver leg was invented

notice the colour of the other protocol droid?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

STM

Guess you would have to ask the makers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join