It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40,000 minks released from Minnesota fur farm by animal rights activists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

If you reread my OP, or any of my comments, you'll see that I also took a shot at the right. It's pretty even handed in my opinion. I'm not a rightie and actually favor a more robust overseeing of the meat industries in the US.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't believe this is a left or right thing, but judging on how divided the site is now days, star grabs will pertain to and win in all cases.

In fact it's probably modern PETA- esque activists, less concerned now days about the animal welfare but more so about sacrificing a lot of animals so that the company takes a monetary hit enough to, in their minds, to close down stopping further fur harvesting.

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: strongfp

Generally animal rights activists are people who have anthropomorphized animals to the point where they act as though they are or might as well be human beings. It's an extremely illogical, emotional position and generally wrong.

Animals are not people. The great apes can come the closest, but behaving as though they are liberating these mink basically just signed their death warrants because the mink are not people and are not habitutated to the wild they now find themselves in and even if they were, that many released all at once drastically overloaded the local ecosystem so they'd starve.

No, we're not all like that. Many of us understand that without human guidance, such in this case, that animals have a high chance of not surviving.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Releasing that many minks into the wild would mean they would starve. They will be attacking each other within a couple of days. Those people who left them go should be charged with cruelty to animals.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
LOL... 22lr and hunter orange clothing will be flying off the shelves as they have basically created a situation where anyone and everyone will have to take down all these animals to protect the environment. Its pretty much a domestic terrorist organization to pull a stunt like this. everything can get thrown out of whack. Even LE responding to gunshot calls is pretty much mute now.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
" It's actually cheaper to genetically engineer real ones. They frolic in the Lovey Forest until their first birthday. Then we choose the cuddly-uddliest ones and stuff them full of fire-retardant love fluff!"

Couldent find a clip ... first thing that poped in my head when i read the op tho

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Idiots this happened near me around ten years back it destroyed the local eco system and cost hundreds of thousands to put right.
I don't agree with fur farming but they have to realise what they do can destroy the local eco system.
edit on 19-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Ughh animal rights activists.....

Why doesn't somebody release THEM into the wild with no food and supplies. Say the Brazilian rainforest or Antarctica.

I dunno, why don't you catch a few wild ones, breed them specifically to live tortured lives, make them useless in the wild, and make 40,000 of them.

See ?

humans are sick...

people are seeing this all arse about face.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Idiots this happened near me around ten years back it destroyed the local eco system and cost hundreds of thousands to put right.
I don't agree with fur farming but they have to realise what they do can destroy the local eco system.

Best to let an injustice prevail. BTW, I think the local exo system was destroyed hundreds of years ago. Humans have a way of doing that, but they call it progress.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Having predatory animals in captivity should long since been shut down all over this planet since there is no reason to create needless suffering in animals for unnecessary products where better products can be artificially made. When artificial meat comes the same should be done to the meat industry. Minimize suffering of animals caused by human need and do not allow greed to be part of the equation at all.

It is not ok to let these animals out into the wild but it is not either ok to allow the practice. This industry should have been deemed uncivilized and illegal long ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
OK one thing now.

The chances are high, that the group that was behind this, was not thinking that the minks that they let out will be living happily ever after, be sooo cute and kiss and hug with other animals.

The mindset is to make fur industry and keeping minks (and the like) in captivity so risky (due to this kind of activism) that it would lose popularity.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Fur is Murder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join