It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Jr didn't violate that law, but those who sought the Trump dossier did.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The law says, no campaign can seek things of value from a foreign citizen.

Value can only be measured in $ terms. Sometimes, information is valuable, meaning it can be exchanged for some $. That's what the able part of valuable means. Information itself, unless valued, has no value, even if it is valuable. Unless something is valued, it has no value.

Trump Jr didn't get any information from Natalia. Even if he did and didn't pay for it, it would not be illegal, since information has no value unless valued, in other words, $ is exchanged for it. So Trump Jr did not break that law.

Those who sought the Trump dossier did break that law. They paid $ to a foreign citizen for the information. That information was not only valuable, it was actually valued. The $ they paid for it is the value of the information.

As an example. Jerusalem is valuable. But it has never been valued. So it has no value.

edit on 18-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It is another nothingburger, as we all know. Trump is winning.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Simple, dont post. We dont need an ignore button because you cant stop your fingers from clicking on things you dont like and then posting in them.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Simple, dont post. We dont need an ignore button because you cant stop your fingers from clicking on things you dont like and then posting in them.

Well thank you so much for your opinion! You have your opinion and I have mine. Now is that fair!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Good point. People are entitled to freedom of expression. Besides, as a Canadian immigrant, I am not biased for or against Trump. I am neutral.
edit on 18-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Seconded

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The difference is that the DNC were paying a private citizen to do opposition research and were open about it.

Trump, it is alleged, was getting information from a foreign state who obtained the information illegally and then the Trump administration denied any Russian involvement.

Even if it's not illegal we now know for a fact when the Trump camp was saying the never colluded or met with Russians they were lying

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well eight people in that meeting now and more than a couple have already been issued invitations to speak with special counsel leader Robert Mueller. Who already had this last guys name because of money laundering operations he ran through Delaware prior to 911.
Judged by the company you keep.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Keep telling yourself that as you post one thread after another proving you are anything but neutral on trump.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I see ostriches. All with their heads in the sand.
Ignore indeed.

Hey did you know, I saw this on the news tonight, that there are some folks so enamoured of trump that they don't believe a meeting in trump tower ever took place? Even though trump and junior confirmed it? Yep they say it's fake news.
Fake news. Really. Lol.

They wear their MAGA hats on their ass when it's up in the air and their heads like the ostrich is in the sand.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Gothmog

I see ostriches. All with their heads in the sand.
Ignore indeed.

Hey did you know, I saw this on the news tonight, that there are some folks so enamoured of trump that they don't believe a meeting in trump tower ever took place? Even though trump and junior confirmed it? Yep they say it's fake news.
Fake news. Really. Lol.

They wear their MAGA hats on their ass when it's up in the air and their heads like the ostrich is in the sand.

Oh, do tell more......

Still salty huh. Glad to see you transferring your hatred of Trump onto the voters, must be a late bloomer. Another to be radicalized perhaps?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Wasn't it supposedly a donor that paid for the dossier? Not someone who was officially a part of the campaign?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The difference is that the DNC were paying a private citizen to do opposition research and were open about it.

Trump, it is alleged, was getting information from a foreign state who obtained the information illegally and then the Trump administration denied any Russian involvement.

Even if it's not illegal we now know for a fact when the Trump camp was saying the never colluded or met with Russians they were lying

Never let facts get in the way of a good Trump hate.

The alleged info was supposed to be evidence of illegal foreign donations to the DNC. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HACKING, WHICH WOULDN'T EVEN HAPPEN FOR ANOTHER MONTH !!! There is no reason to believe that info would have been obtained illegally. Quite the contrary: if she was who she was alleged to be, there's every reason to believe the donations might be publicly available disclosures.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Except your opinion is not contributing towards anything bit wasting time and space. All we learn from your post is that your time is worthless

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

THIS.

If it was a PROBLEM or somehow Illegal...it would have been brought up.

ENOUGH of this Russian whataboutism.

The ISSUE right now is Trump.

Not Clinton, Obama, or the DNC. Stay on point, people.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

The apparent double-standard is a legitimate issue. By all appearances, the Dems are getting a pass for the exact same things that they/the MSM are attacking Trump over.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: DanteGaland

The apparent double-standard is a legitimate issue. By all appearances, the Dems are getting a pass for the exact same things that they/the MSM are attacking Trump over.

They'r NOT the same.

If YOU can't see that. Or refuse to accept reality....

Can't help you.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Value can only be measured in $ terms.

Only if you use it as a verb.

Trump Jr didn't get any information from Natalia.

Of course he didn't that's why Trump started crying about emails just hours after that meeting.

Even if he did and didn't pay for it, it would not be illegal, since information has no value unless valued, in other words, $ is exchanged for it.

I would say that settlement by the AG to the tune of millions was a nice payoff.

Those who sought the Trump dossier did break that law. They paid $ to a foreign citizen for the information. That information was not only valuable, it was actually valued. The $ they paid for it is the value of the information.

So if your a Trump then it's legal if not then it's illegal. Nice delusion you have going there.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
The law says, no campaign can seek things of value from a foreign citizen.

Value can only be measured in $ terms. Sometimes, information is valuable, meaning it can be exchanged for some $. That's what the able part of valuable means. Information itself, unless valued, has no value, even if it is valuable. Unless something is valued, it has no value.

Trump Jr didn't get any information from Natalia. Even if he did and didn't pay for it, it would not be illegal, since information has no value unless valued, in other words, $ is exchanged for it. So Trump Jr did not break that law.

As an example. Jerusalem is valuable. But it has never been valued. So it has no value.

Debunked!

This is fake news and I have posted the correct answer to your question on 2 threads you started. I am on my tablet now and don't feel like posting my other thread now - but you know the history.

The research was begin by never Trump republicans in 2015. After Trump won the primary, the never Trumps stopped paying. A unnamed dem doner stated paying, then the dems got hacked. The U.S. Firm doing the research hired ex MI6 operative named Steele to look into the Russian angle. He found plenty, including links to several oligarchs close to Putin. After the election Steele turned over his findings to th UK goverment, and the FBI. When the FBi did nothing, he gave a copy to Sen Mcain.

Quit pretending you don't know the background. I will do a great tomorrow to end this once and for all.
edit on 19-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join