It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you still side with America if the entire world turns its back and invades?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I've often mourned the fact that this never happened: en.wikipedia.org...

I have no beef with Canada as it stands (though every French Canadian I've ever met has been a jerk), but if any two currently independent nations would have fit together like two puzzle pieces, it's Canada as part of the USA. Hell, seeing how closely the two nations have shadowed each other in most major developments and many social issues, our similarities far outweigh the handful of differences.

I have way more in common with the average Canadian from the Yukon, NWT, BC, Alberta, or even Manitoba than I have with an American from, say, New York or Illinois. Y'all are a bunch of crazy slednecks and hillbillies... you just have government provided healthcare and no Second Amendment.
edit on 18-7-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What an utterly stupid question, OP. Nothing else need be said.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
What an utterly stupid question, OP. Nothing else need be said.

Yep.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: InTheLight

I've often mourned the fact that this never happened: en.wikipedia.org...

I have no beef with Canada as it stands (though every French Canadian I've ever met has been a jerk), but if any two currently independent nations would have fit together like two puzzle pieces, it's Canada as part of the USA. Hell, seeing how closely the two nations have shadowed each other in most major developments and many social issues, our similarities far outweigh the handful of differences.

I have way more in common with the average Canadian from the Yukon, NWT, BC, Alberta, or even Manitoba than I have with an American from, say, New York or Illinois. Y'all are a bunch of crazy slednecks and hillbillies... you just have government provided healthcare and no Second Amendment.

French Canadians rival you with arrogance, just saying.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Not only would I side with America, I would kill anyone and everyone who stepped foot on this soil with intent to do harm.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and no Second Amendment.

Then why do I have a CCL and a Glock on my hip? Look to Chicago for crazy. Leave the rest of us out of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The scenario is without proper context. but

An unprovoked invasion.. Bring it on donkey kong...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

And we may have done a little bit
Of fightin' amongst ourselves
But you outside people best leave us alone
'Cause we'll all stick together
And you can take that to the bank
That's the cowboys and the hippies
And the rebels and the yanks
You just go and lay your hand
On a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan
And I think you're gonna finally understand

BRING IT ON MOTHERF**CKERS

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I second this

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You sound like you are from my neck of the woods-deep south-just below Atlanta-everyone drives trucks and are packing at all times. If they have a trunk like my brother-it's filled with more artillery than I can even describe-he'd dead serious. All the males in my family have been or are in the military. No one would want to mess with us southerners again-we're ready.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Obviously because you're not Canadian...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't ever side with America. I'm from England and I wouldn't side with them either.

Patriotism is a tool of control deployed by TPTB to control the masses.

Leadership is corrupt.

Side with your fellow man perhaps but the borders shouldn't make the decision on who to side with - your morals should.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I wouldn't ever side with America. I'm from England and I wouldn't side with them either.

Patriotism is a tool of control deployed by TPTB to control the masses.

Leadership is corrupt.

Side with your fellow man perhaps but the borders shouldn't make the decision on who to side with - your morals should.

Did any of your family fight in WW2?

Don't forget that the US were at our side along with our other allies!

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
7 out of 10 Americans own a firearm. Some of those 7 own more than one, and some like myself own more than we could haul off in two trips with an Ford f250.......I say "bring on the invaders". Japan knew the deal & the problem with trying to invade America. We are a well armed nation.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
I'm not sure how that effects my post.... Are you taking the approach that I should side/support America because their army fought with England's in WW2?

I wouldn't use that as a logical or sensible reason to side with a country. It's 2017, almost 80 years after WW2.

I don't think 'siding with a country' is logical or sensible either. If the WW2 veterans are just/moral people I will side with them, doesn't matter where they are from and what they did.

I don't buy this whole allies/friends thing when talking about whole countries in reference to a single person - if you get what I'm getting at !

as always.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: makemap
Would you still side with America if the entire world turns it back and invades?

They gonna walk here or swim?

Us Aussies will make our way there on the backs of dolphins, strapped with woomeras and pointed swordfish, hailing our arrival with didgeridoos. The platypus hordes behind us will follow, barbed penii and all !

You're doomed. And then, koalas.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Queen Zazz is already here, we've been doomed for some time now.

edit on 19-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Of course America could take the world if the world tried to invade. I have wanted this to be a movie for about ten years now, and firmly believe we could easily render the majority of the invading forces to a permanent watery grave in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The few ships, and I mean very few (hundreds at the most) would not even be able to land enough troops to maintain a hold of any serious urban center.

All the news has to do is tell Americans all firearms laws are waived for the duration of the war, and immunity from prosecution while slaughtering the poor naive bastards that believed they even had a chance to succeed for more than a day on American soil. If they think they would have it bad in the cities, they have no idea what is coming if they somehow managed to make it to the mountains.

Most will never be seen again, little to no explanation as to their fate. I suspect others will defect, en masse when they realize they are being picked off by twelve year olds and their parents and grandparents that are shooting better then they are.

Only a foolish coalition would dare set foot on American soil with hostile intent. The world sees how effective we are at killing ourselves. They should know better what would happen when that psychotic rage is directed at an invading force under a unified front.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Come and take it # wads.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: badw0lf

Queen Zazz is already here, we've been doomed for some time now.

Is Zazz not a chick from the 80s?

Bloody Mandela thingummyjig....

"Grumble mutter rant and rave"

Erm, actually I meant Yazz (THE ONLY WAY IS UP° :

Lags

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join