It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy Tests World’s First Laser Weapons System

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Au contrair mon frair or something.

A laser would be a big problem for your "foo fighter"

A phase conjufate rig running as a soliton left to its own devices will radially disperse your plasma away from your foo ship. Plasmas whats called a non libear optical medium meanibg if i hit it with one type of maser, laser i can convert that energy into electrical discharges or heat and just roast away anything on the interior of your plasma bubble.

Finally and more importantly what the hell does your foo fighter have to do with anything in this thread. Obsess much?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

There are no anti missile lasers active. And when they did test them, they worked by burning a hole in the missile, causing aerodynamic failures and explosions of the fuel. They didn't "cool down the rocket engine".

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And you know this how?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

By being able to read budgets, following programs that are public, and talking to people that work these programs. (Yes, I know, black projects, 50 years ahead, etc)

Lasers in the antimissile role don't work very well. About the only way to kill a missile with one is to hit the missile in the boost phase. That means you have to get close. To get any kind of range, you need a big laser, which means a large aircraft. The COIL system was so big that it took a 747-400 to carry it.

The problem with big aircraft is that they're not stealthy, which means that they're not survivable for long trying to stay near the missile fields that hold the missiles they're trying to stop. It's one reason the YAL-1A was cut into scrap. That, and the fact that the airframe was so contaminated that it couldn't be used for anything, including parts.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There are no anti missile lasers active. And when they did test them, they worked by burning a hole in the missile, causing aerodynamic failures and explosions of the fuel. They didn't "cool down the rocket engine".

Hmmm, you sure about that?????

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yes. There are lasers, but not active for the anti missile role. Contrary to popular opinion, lasers aren't great antimissile systems. Until we can fit one on a survivable platform, so it can operate near launch points, they're got going to be either.

Wait, let me be precise...there are none active in the anti BALLISTIC missile role. Theoretically the laser on Ponce can be used in the antiship missile defense role.
edit on 9/5/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I know how the cold ray works, because I have experienced it. It is so often used, especially in winter occasions. It generates a wind when it is in use. I know how powerful it is, it could cool down and stop an aircraft engine, too. I believe, that soma plane disasters have already been carried out with this cold ray.

It's like when you put your hands into the freezer, except that it is in laser beam form. The wind produced due to this beam proves, how powerful it is. It works during night as well. These EU top leaders are actually playing with this technology.

By the way, this device freezed my gas tank (used for cooking) in a cold place, so it can freeze the gas inside a rocket, too. Anyway, this could be the reson, why a long range missile stops in the air, and falls into the sea unharmed. It's built for a high price, so everyone wants it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

On second thought, ok, sure. If you say so.
edit on 9/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I would some day like to buy you about 57 beers and pick your brain dude...

As someone on the outside looking in (and even with my basically nonexistent budget having to do EVERY BIT OF IT MYSELF) i actually have to refrain all the time from explaining much less showing the stuff I'm working on because people flat out would refuse to believe i wasn't lying or etc when they saw what my piddly little pissant no budget diy tooling and mostly open source toolchain operation is cranking out!

And i don't even do the really cool or exotic stuff!

The neighbor kids sure do love my kentucky fried UAV though ROFL (it's on version 5 or 6 now and hasn't used actual kfc buckets since early in v2.0 but i have maintained the kfc theme and actually figured out how to do some purely aesthetically focused things for all the parts as i make them... So it's now a flying homage to things like the gee bee air racer and KFC)

Seriously though man i have some questions for you one of these days..

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Personally i think they should go back to working on the PEP's.... Like lasers but now with 12000% more boom and less burn....

Heh

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Laser Weapon system in Space ... Says the US air force. Problem is : the Russians and the Chinese already have heat-blast area bombardment system located in space ...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join