It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and Republicans are Now in Charge of ObamaCare....THEY OWN IT.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
a reply to: seasonal

I do think that allowing the states to negotiate with the medical community(including pharma) on prices needs to be done.I think the states would do a better job than the government.

I agree with another wise poster to this thread, who said that President Trump should sign an E.O. which mandates that ALL government employees and their families be put on the same health insurance that the public must buy.

THIS will compel these states, and federal agencies, to demand lower prices for medications, and a host of other rip-off tests and procedures!

Right now, all Federal and State employees have relatively low $20 prescription co-pay's...even if their prescription costs $3,000 a month. Likewise, if they need a $4,000 CAT Scan, they pay a $300 Co-pay.

ObamaCare customers have to pay the full cost of all diagnostic and treatment procedures..up to their $7,200 deductible.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
Trump LOL. How does he "OWN" it when he directed the IRS not to enforce the mandate?

If anything Trump went it alone and took out the extortion aspect the best he could.

YOU are one of the smart, wise, informed, high-information voters. You are in the 20% who pay attention, and think logically.

But the point of my opening post to this thread is that 80% of the population is too busy or distracted to understand what's really happening.

They will turn on the TV/Radio/Internet and see what the liberal media wants them to see. As ObamaCare continues to implode over the next few months, the Anti-America/Anti-Trump media will direct the spotlight of ObamaCare's many failures, along with the suffering and deaths to come, squarely on President Donald J. Trump. You KNOW they will.

When the 2018 mid-term election season gets underway, guess what commercials Democrats seeking election will run? President Trump's face, followed by a Headstone of little Mandy, a "beautiful 6 year old who died because President Trump wouldn't save ObamaCare in her county, even though he could!"

To me, it's like blaming the Devil for creating suffering, though ultimate responsibility lies squarely with God. HE COULD prevent all of it, but choses not to.

Trump could prevent the suffering to come in 2018. But will he? I think he's just bluffing about letting ObamaCare fail, in order to get Democrats to work with Repubs on Repeal-Replace. IMO, Dems will surprise him by calling his bluff. Repubs should be ashamed for putting their President in this horrific position.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The best solution, is to either make them take the healthcare they arrange for us, or let us have the same healthcare that they get.

Personally I would vote for anyone that was
calling for this. You notice how this and term limits
and how much they get paid never seems to come
up when they are campaigning. Our government is
a joke and we are fools to believe they have
americas best interest at heart.

As we've seen.. campaign promises are made to be broken.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Establishment, Uniparty, Rhino, GOP asshats never wanted to fix the American healthcare system. The McCain's, Graham's, Rubio's of the Congress are enemies of The People. They work only for their Corporate masters, they couldn't care less about the well-being of the American people. Any GOP voters who keep electing these corrupt clowns are no better than the "opposition" party voters. People in Arizona who elected McCain for the millionth time, F U. People of Florida who re-elected Rubio, even though he said he wasn't going to run again, F U. You Lindsay Graham voters, F U. All you voters who voted for these establishment Republicans, screw you all. You deserve this train wreck of a Government.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

your a nice guy but I would not flatter myself that way. I feel i am pretty ignorant as i continue to go into the rabbit holes.

people are not stupid they are just in denial or they sincerely dont want to know and prefer to live what life they have as they see it and what they can make sense out of. Honestly its not a bad option in the end. There is so much in life that can confuse you and make you happy sometimes its just better to flow with a narrative. People who watch film or junk TV kind of show proof of this.

many who come here just cant stop trying to piece things together to make sense of the world. I suspect many here are into craftsmanship, hobbies etc. in which they have grown up spending a lot of there free time by themselves or with small groups who hold a similar passion. Very passionate and good people here. The genuine ones anyways.

regardless....I would not worry about Trump getting re-elected. When that time comes he will just let everyone know what is going on LOL. Trump is a force. This guy went up in front of the RNC and blamed Bush for 911, told them they were all corrupt liars, told the Pope to get bent etc. etc. He is not going to let some political BS lie too dissuade the american people from the truth. Trump is unlike anything ever in politics. Rules dont apply.

as far as the RNC goes... the good ones will stay... the bad ones might stay if the DNC alternative is...um Typical DNC.

personally I think the whole health care thing is a wash. The RNC might get a bump if they kill it. The DNC... LOL. There is no BELIEVABLE message. No credibility. They can say anything they want it doesnt matter at this point.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Since Mitch McConnell has decided to move forward with a vote to "proceed" or "not proceed" with debating ObamaCare Repeal (ONLY Repeal) early next week, we'll have a record of which Republicans LIED to get elected, and which did not.

Motion to proceed with Repeal-Only. Vote Scheduled for early in the week of July 24th. Here's a good opinion piece, describing the strategy that McConnell is using to get to a full Repeal-Replace vote on the original BCRA ObamaCare replacement.

Excerpt: ""So McConnell is now trying to get on to the BCRA bill indirectly, by forcing a vote on the Republicans' 2015 clean repeal bill, letting it fail, and then moving to the repeal-and-replace" legislation.""

Full Opinion Piece, Entitled: Mitch McConnell's healthcare "Hail Mary": www.hickoryrecord.com...

WHAT ABOUT JOHN McCAIN? Has he been given clearance by his doctors to go to Washington D.C. next week?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Rand paul said it may not wait until next week. Could happen today or thurs/fri

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Quite funny how Obama's only legacy is a disastrous health policy that everyone in power wants to distance themselves from and claim the other side owns. Obama must go down as the biggest failure in post war leadership.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Very true.

The left is mad because obamacare was created to fail. And that failure was supposed to usher in single payer. Well, now it's failing and we have a republican house and senate, plus a republican president. No one is here to usher in the single payer hell that they want. So the plan is to hope they can wrestle power from republicans by pushing the lefts failed policy onto the republicans shoulders with cries: "You could have fixed it but did nothing." The truth is, obamacare can't be fixed, the failure mechanisms are built in. They're features, not bugs.

That's why the left opposes full repeal and would prefer republicans try to fix it, yet they won't work with republicans to fix it. IF they worked with republicans to fix it, they would have an equal share of the blame when it still collapsed. The Trojan horse is at the republicans gate, will they accept it or burn it down outside the city walls?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: fleabit

Saying "Meh.. the American citizens can suffer until you Republicans get on board with me!" is ridiculous. FIX IT. It's your job.

That is all he can do. The house and senate are the one's that will not let it happen. Politics. Obama sure didn't do his job in getting us in this mess. Now you scream at that mess. Place the blame where it belongs. (hint) it is not on Trump. With everything the media, Dems, Repubs, throw at Trump he has actually done an amazing job while he has been in office.

It's absolutely not all he can do. His administration can listen to the Republicans who still have an issue with it, find out where it needs shoring up or more attention, correct it, resubmit it. That's not reality in the real world. Shouldn't be a reality for Trump and Co. either. I can't receive a project at work, do it.. and then when the review group that decides if it's what is best for the company says "No, this isn't going to cut it, needs fixed.." I can't just dump the project, shrug my shoulders, and say "Oh well, I tried!"

You get back to work.. and make it right. It's ironic Trump's motto is Make America Great Again, when he isn't willing to put in the work that would make America great again. Throwing a tantrum isn't the correct response.

This is another case of where Trump's personality is not a fit for POTUS. He has such an ego, he is so used to being "right" (because no one would tell him he was wrong), he can't handle being criticized, and would rather let it fall apart, rather than admit it could be made better.. that his health bill isn't "perfect."
edit on 19-7-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ineilio

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Ineilio

Do you think success is something that is the goal?

Hillary would have fit the repubs (lazy assed approach). THEY HAVE NO PLAN. And they could have had the pleasant banter with Hillary. The repubs could have claimed "she is a leftist" and Hillary could say "they are pro life conservatives". It would have worked out so well, the charade would have been so easy.

The Repubs lost a bluff, they wanted the chance to repeal and they aint got the gonads.

Are we disagreeing or agreeing? I'm not sure at this point...

We agree, and the reason is the same. But I think it can be solved but will not til it crashes. Too much money involved and big medical is now standing and curb stomping on the golden goose so it craps the last golden egg.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Don't get cancer or need a joint replaced.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Republicans will die by the health care sword.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

Yeah sure. There are going to be a lot of republicans switching over or just staying home after the last year and either supporting or handing over control to the left.

Keep dreaming.

This is a political hack tactic. Obamacare is not a left right thing. Yet we see this consistent narrative.

Obamacare is just NAFTA all over again. Nobody wanted it and it got rammed down our throat so our government could run more scams and take more control over every aspect of the populace.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You do understand that the President did not write that bill don't you? The House Repubs did. So I believe that they are the ones that need to listen to the other repubs.

That's not reality in the real world. Shouldn't be a reality for Trump and Co. either. I can't receive a project at work, do it.. and then when the review group that decides if it's what is best for the company says "No, this isn't going to cut it, needs fixed.." I can't just dump the project, shrug my shoulders, and say "Oh well, I tried!"

The thing that is wrong with your scenario is that Trump would not be in your position, but your boss's position. Kind of makes more sense that way.

You get back to work.. and make it right. It's ironic Trump's motto is Make America Great Again, when he isn't willing to put in the work that would make America great again. Throwing a tantrum isn't the correct response.

He didn't throw a tantrum. You are the only one here throwing a tantrum.

This is another case of where Trump's personality is not a fit for POTUS. He has such an ego, he is so used to being "right" (because no one would tell him he was wrong), he can't handle being criticized, and would rather let it fall apart, rather than admit it could be made better.. that his health bill isn't "perfect."

I don't understand how you can be this wrong so much. This is a case of Obama hurting the country and now his idiot followers are trying to blame someone else for the mess Obama made. lol. What a load of crap.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Rand paul said it may not wait until next week. Could happen today or thurs/fri

They are HOPING that John McCain can fly back to Washington before the vote. Good thing the repeal vote isn't on HillaryCare, or McCain might take an inexplicable turn for the worse before returning to D.C..

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Quite funny how Obama's only legacy is a disastrous health policy that everyone in power wants to distance themselves from and claim the other side owns. Obama must go down as the biggest failure in post war leadership.

SOMEBODY made a ton of money as Obama quadrupled the Federal deficit. I'm not sure who, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I don't understand how you can be this wrong so much. This is a case of Obama hurting the country and now his idiot followers are trying to blame someone else for the mess Obama made. lol. What a load of crap.

No one is blaming Trump for Obamacare. Where do you get that? It was one of Trump's big campaign promises - repeal AND replace Obamacare. Not "Try to replace Obamacare, but when they don't like what the administration put together, screw it.. you can all suffer."

He backpedaled pretty quickly however.

Also not an Obama "follower," nor throwing a tantrum.. just pointing out truth, which Trump followers, who are ready to literally defend -anything- he does (except the starter of this thread, which I give him kudos for), don't to hear.

POTUS is a tough job. Trump needs to put his big-boy pants on and do it, especially since he vowed he would. Saying "Well, since you won't approve what was put together, screw it" isn't quite following through on his promise. Doesn't matter what Obama or any President in the past put together - if during a campaign, a candidate promises to do X, Y and Z, that is what they should do. Past screw-ups by previous President's don't magically excuse them from following through.
edit on 19-7-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

SOMEBODY made a ton of money as Obama quadrupled the Federal deficit. I'm not sure who, though.

Why it was Barry of course.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

No one is blaming Trump for Obamacare. Where do you get that? It was one of Trump's big campaign promises - repeal AND replace Obamacare. Not "Try to replace Obamacare, but when they don't like what the administration put together, screw it.. you can all suffer."

He backpedaled pretty quickly however.

Also not an Obama "follower," nor throwing a tantrum.. just pointing out truth, which Trump followers, who are ready to literally defend -anything- he does (except the starter of this thread, which I give him kudos for), don't to hear.

POTUS is a tough job. Trump needs to put his big-boy pants on and do it, especially since he vowed he would. Saying "Well, since you won't approve what was put together, screw it" isn't quite following through on his promise. Doesn't matter what Obama or any President in the past put together - if during a campaign, a candidate promises to do X, Y and Z, that is what they should do. Past screw-ups by previous President's don't magically excuse them from following through.

The president is not a dictator and he has to rely on these corrupt or inept Republicans in Congress who refuse to do their job. No matter what Trump says, this one is on Congress.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join