It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and Republicans are Now in Charge of ObamaCare....THEY OWN IT.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I want the government out of Healthcare.
Ever since they showed up my healthcare skyrocketed.
Not to mention the opioid crisis that they caused. Let it fail...

Where i am it's 50/50ish
I pay for the minimum,
I get 'seen to'

If i break a leg tomorrow,
it's fixed, no questions asked ..

it's a given

My 'taxes' pay for it

But, if i need a hospital stayover
i'm covered for maybe ... a month
(or the equivalent, at best, as an out patient)

After that, it's my own private insurance that kicks in

If 'The system' i benefit from
didn't exist and we were to
keep the [quote ]government out of Healthcare.
I'd be making homemade splints
and drinking whisky to keep my head together

Simply put

reply to: whyamIhere

No offense by the way !

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just to add, that healthcare should be an
automatic 'national birthright' to my mind

yeah, yeah, yeah, so what,
i'm a social-egalitarian-moralistic-centralist-business nobody !
Who gives a kfuc

:p)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Saying "Meh.. the American citizens can suffer until you Republicans get on board with me!" is ridiculous. FIX IT. It's your job.

That is all he can do. The house and senate are the one's that will not let it happen. Politics. Obama sure didn't do his job in getting us in this mess. Now you scream at that mess. Place the blame where it belongs. (hint) it is not on Trump. With everything the media, Dems, Repubs, throw at Trump he has actually done an amazing job while he has been in office.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Trump sold himself on getting things done.

There are ways that things get done in Washington. He needs to use the largest soap box on earth to get this done.

And yes the republicans are super useless, they had 7 years to have a plan to flop on the president's desk for him to pass or veto. Guess what they don't have a plan, don't care and want the $$$ to keep flowing to the most important part of American society-BIG MEDICAL.

What they do have is lobbyists.
edit on 18-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
What happened to this?.

I feel for you guys in the states great at so many things apart from healthcare.

are you surprised no one touched or attempted to reply to your post

who thought ruling a country was so hard... and a rep run Congress. good thing I'm on. government health Care already. it's the plebs who I feel for...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Trump sold himself on getting things done.

He has got more done in his first six months than any other President facing these same odds. He has done pretty damn good in my opinion.

There are ways that things get done in Washington. He needs to use the largest soap box on earth to get this done.

Maybe 2018 will help out. Trump is going through the red tape faster than any other President. He is bringing attention to the problems, besides granting him king like abilities, how do you think he should proceed?

And yes the republicans are super useless, they had 7 years to have a plan to flop on the president's desk for him to pass or veto. Guess what they don't have a plan, don't care and want the $$$ to keep flowing to the most important part of American society-BIG MEDICAL.

Should Trump own that? No. Bureaucracy had always slowed down society. It has happened to other Presidents that was sold on getting things done also. Trump is getting things done, some things will take a bit longer, that doesn't mean it will not get done.

What they do have is lobbyists.

I thought what Trump did about lobbyists was definitely a step in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Just to add, that healthcare should be an automatic 'national birthright' to my mind

Everyone has the right to take care of their self. Forcing others to take care of you would infringe on their rights.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I hate it when the cynical me is right. Republicans like the idea of the political power Obamacare represents. It's a ready-made vote getter. How often have they run on the VA?

"We will fix the VA!" (which never gets done; they just suffle bureaucrats)

The problem is that the VA is a limited voting block, just vets. Obamcare ... now that touches everyone in the country! That's a winner, and so long as it's there and hurting everyone, they can always promise to "fix" without actually doing so and get re-elected forever.

If Trump were serious about playing dirty, what he ought to do is write a very specific EO. He should mandate that the new official health care policy of the federal government, every employee, top to bottom, is Obamacare as written.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: Damiel

Just to add, that healthcare should be an automatic 'national birthright' to my mind

Everyone has the right to take care of their self. Forcing others to take care of you would infringe on their rights.

Withhold money from unappreciative countries and use it to take care of the sick.

And while we're at it throw in the money confiscated in drug raids.
edit on 7/18/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Withhold money from unappreciative countries and use it to take care of the sick.

I would be all for that. Now getting it through the house and senate is an entirely different story.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Maybe 2018 will help out. Trump is going through the red tape faster than any other President. He is bringing attention to the problems, besides granting him king like abilities, how do you think he should proceed?

The largest things in this country right now is Medical, it will bankrupt this country, and illegal immigration. It is consistently high on people's lists as important issues-of course the economy is tied to both of these.

I would like for him to start to name names on the who's and why's the repubs (his party) don't or can't have a plan to solve this.
There are great free countries around the globe that can get this done. The only reason the US can't is because of money. The medical industry has grown used to being #1 in cost (by far) and giving poor service, this is a huge money maker and will not be solved until it crashes.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You said it yourself. Medical is high on everyone's list as a vote issue.

If they fix it, then it ceases to be one. So why would they "fix" it? And if they do, now that they have their greedy hooks into it, whatever makes you think they'll want to make it "work" the way it should? They have a vested interest in making it *not* work because your votes keep them in power, and that's all they care about.

So whatever you think the best system is, if they are running it, it *won't work* because there is no power to be had from that.

My prediction is that you won't see any movement on any major agenda issue unless they either get rid of Trump -or- the midterm poll numbers look bad and they think they can con the electorate by appearing to do something. You may then see movement on taxes.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think Trump owns it, Congress owns it because those spineless cowards (Republican and Democrat) are so set on doing nothing, but the Dem's definitely own more of it as they are the ones that forced on everyone without a single Rep vote and there was not 1 Democrat willing to step up and vote for the good of the country and repeal this . So not sure how you can say Trump owns it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So then you agree with Trump to let it fail? I may be mistaken in my understanding of your post. It would be just to see Obamacare fail on it's own. It was pushed down the throat of America and now everyone wants to blame Trump for it. lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They will not fix it because they are being paid not to. Being "good" or "bad" does not enter into the equation. The lobbying is what matters. And don't forget the jobs on the boards of huge corps after the congressmen "serve".

From the snap shot I see today, the only way this changes is when it crashes. The fact that the repubs can't even repeal the ACA is telling.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Nobody was put in office to "fix" Obamacare. You can't fix Dog Shlt, it is what it is no matter how you process it. And Obamacare is pure "D" dog shlt

When they passed that bill without knowing all about it. (They sure knew about the IRS fines in advance), it was like they became necromancers, those who voted for it. It has always smelled quite bad in every way. Obamacare died when they claimed it was the law. It is also illegal which is why I opted out and have never paid any fines.

And it should NEVER be replaced. IF this country is going the way of socialized health care, then overhauling the system should be done. Ban all the price gouging that is being represented as normal. Prosecute anyone who price gouges just like they would in a national emergency. If someone charges 500 dollars for an ibuprofen, toss them in a cell till they post bond for felony fraud. Everything in a hospital shouldn't legally be able to have a 1000% markup. They are holding the country hostage right now under the Obamacare scam.

Obamacare was also written in with a whole lot of social engineering and social controls including a crackdown on our bill of rights and everyone in the healthcare industry lapped it up like Nazi's under Hitler.

Piss on Obama-care's grave because that is fitting for what it is, and the damage it has already done.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Not just the ACA will crash, I think the whole system is going to.

Families will have to look at the monthly cost of a mortgage and a the monthly cost of medical (deductibles, copays, pharma, out of pockets, out of networks) and they will have to make a decision. That is when you sill start to see more hospitals closing.

Like it or not, the leadership was elected to solve these problems. I think the American people called everyone's bluff when we elected Trump. Now they have no idea what to do-no plan-no path to get a plan.

Hillary was supposed to win that was the plan and then it would be easy to stonewall, but now they are eating their own.
edit on 18-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I feel the same sentiment about why cancer has not been cured.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I agree.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

People will die. The captain of the ship thats sinking is now trump. Sad but true.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join