It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and Republicans are Now in Charge of ObamaCare....THEY OWN IT.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Republicans don't own Obamacare at all. Everyone knows it was built to fail and collapse our health care system to usher in single payer. They own not repealing it and not having something better after 8 years.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

Republicans don't own Obamacare at all. Everyone knows it was built to fail and collapse our health care system to usher in single payer. They own not repealing it and not having something better after 8 years.

I'm sorry, but ObamaCare is the law of the land. The Republicans are in the majority. It is their duty to either enforce the laws, or change the laws that they can. They took an oath to that effect, MkUltra11.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I don't understand how you can be this wrong so much. This is a case of Obama hurting the country and now his idiot followers are trying to blame someone else for the mess Obama made. lol. What a load of crap.

No one is blaming Trump for Obamacare. Where do you get that? It was one of Trump's big campaign promises - repeal AND replace Obamacare. Not "Try to replace Obamacare, but when they don't like what the administration put together, screw it.. you can all suffer."

He backpedaled pretty quickly however.

Also not an Obama "follower," nor throwing a tantrum.. just pointing out truth, which Trump followers, who are ready to literally defend -anything- he does (except the starter of this thread, which I give him kudos for), don't to hear.

POTUS is a tough job. Trump needs to put his big-boy pants on and do it, especially since he vowed he would. Saying "Well, since you won't approve what was put together, screw it" isn't quite following through on his promise. Doesn't matter what Obama or any President in the past put together - if during a campaign, a candidate promises to do X, Y and Z, that is what they should do. Past screw-ups by previous President's don't magically excuse them from following through.

The president is not a dictator and he has to rely on these corrupt or inept Republicans in Congress who refuse to do their job. No matter what Trump says, this one is on Congress.

And Congress swore to look out for the welfare of all U.S. citizens. If they KNOW that people will die due to insurance companies leaving counties and entire states at the end of this year, and do nothing about it, what does that make them?

Immoral callous chitheads? Hell yes.

Law Breakers, subject to being prosecuted? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
July 20, 2017

The liberal media won't report this, but a guy promised to murder Senator Dean Heller (R-Nv.) if he voted to repeal ObamaCare. (Thank goodness for technology that now enables 24/7 Security Camera recordings.)

www.dailywire.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Kind of like picking up dog sh*t of the sidewalk. Not because your dog did it. But because, you don't want anyone else to step in/on it. It's the "civil" and "social" thing to do!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Congress swore to "look out" for, the welfare of the nation. Which does not, and never has included the occupant. It only includes the territory/land. I don't understand how you libs believe the government is there to "provide" for you. You're supposed to do that! There is nothing immoral about the rest of us, not wanting you to eat Twinkies for breakfast, lunch and dinner... Your problems shouldn't effect us. They should only effect you and your family. Most of us don't care about your "health". Well it kinda does now. Because we all have to "chip in" for them kind, not being able to push themselves away from the table...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm sorry, but ObamaCare is the law of the land. The Republicans are in the majority. It is their duty to either enforce the laws, or change the laws that they can. They took an oath to that effect, MkUltra11.

I don't know what you don't understand but Obamacare is unsustainable and collapsing upon itself. So both sides have to figure something out or let it go to the States. It's like a tumor in our health care system.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I don't understand how you can be this wrong so much. This is a case of Obama hurting the country and now his idiot followers are trying to blame someone else for the mess Obama made. lol. What a load of crap.

No one is blaming Trump for Obamacare. Where do you get that? It was one of Trump's big campaign promises - repeal AND replace Obamacare. Not "Try to replace Obamacare, but when they don't like what the administration put together, screw it.. you can all suffer."

He backpedaled pretty quickly however.

Also not an Obama "follower," nor throwing a tantrum.. just pointing out truth, which Trump followers, who are ready to literally defend -anything- he does (except the starter of this thread, which I give him kudos for), don't to hear.

POTUS is a tough job. Trump needs to put his big-boy pants on and do it, especially since he vowed he would. Saying "Well, since you won't approve what was put together, screw it" isn't quite following through on his promise. Doesn't matter what Obama or any President in the past put together - if during a campaign, a candidate promises to do X, Y and Z, that is what they should do. Past screw-ups by previous President's don't magically excuse them from following through.

The president is not a dictator and he has to rely on these corrupt or inept Republicans in Congress who refuse to do their job. No matter what Trump says, this one is on Congress.

And Congress swore to look out for the welfare of all U.S. citizens. If they KNOW that people will die due to insurance companies leaving counties and entire states at the end of this year, and do nothing about it, what does that make them?

Immoral callous chitheads? Hell yes.

Law Breakers, subject to being prosecuted? I don't know.

It's still Obamacare. Nothing has changed about that. It's the Democrats pride and joy.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Kind of like picking up dog sh*t of the sidewalk. Not because your dog did it. But because, you don't want anyone else to step in/on it. It's the "civil" and "social" thing to do!

That's a good analogy. Only with ObamaCare, we're talking human lives being saved. Much more important, IMO. Democrats are powerless, unless they join with the Republican majority to fix the system, the way the Republicans want to fix it.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I don't know what you don't understand but Obamacare is unsustainable and collapsing upon itself. So both sides have to figure something out or let it go to the States. It's like a tumor in our health care system.

The point I was making is that when people die, due to not having health insurance next year, it will be the Republican's fault. They are in charge of the healthcare delivery system(s) in America now. Not current or former Democratic leadership.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
All this shows is that the game is over and still people are buying into party lines. For the last six months all the POTUS has done is show everyone that it is not the media but the politicians that get nothing done. Of course the media lies, it is their job but what the world is seeing is that those in elected office are there for themselves and not the people of the US. If they were, they in weeks could repeal and replace. It can happen. The media conditions people to think that things are impossible but there NEEDS to be a change.

The ACA was a tax and bail out package for big pharma. It did not help everyone. It only helped the insurance companies. Where was the CBO before the ACA was passed? Remember pass it and read it later?

Sorry, it is time for politicians to get in line or 2018 is going to be a slaughter for the blue....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Since Congress only works 180 days a year, you'd think that they would have a greater sense of urgency!

A HUGE, GARGANTUAN problem with Republicans, is that they are EASILY influenced by the Media and by the CBO. It's like both are GODS to them.

How many times have you heard one of the wimp Republican Senators in recent weeks say, "I'll wait and see what the CBO score is before I make a decision". The numbskull doesn't even realize that the Congressional Budget Office isn't playing with a full deck. It says near the bottom of all its reports that the only estimates it has confidence in, are estimates that affect THE BUDGET and TAXES. All else is pure guesswork, which ANYONE can do.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Those who both passed it and resist it's replacement or repeal "own" Obamacare ...That is 4 republicans, and the entirety of the democrat party. I hate both parties, but the party that owns Obamacare is, and will always be, the same party that originally and unilaterally passed it without any conservative input. The left lost any right to pin this on conservatives, when they locked them out of any meetings involving the original draft of the bill, gave everyone 2 days from issuance of the bloated 2300 page offering to read it before going to a vote, and then stated "we have to pass it to see what is in it".

Let's not forget that the CBO repeatedly told them that it was an insolvent bill from the get go. So what did Barack do? He fired/forced to step down the head of the CBO and inserted someone who would cook the numbers to make it look like it would work. Once that guy gave them the faux green light on it, the rest was history.

This bill was doomed from the beginning.

Dems set a precedent with the petty and disingenuous way they pushed that p.o.s. bill through congress, and they saddled the American people with a wholly unnecessary sacrifice and hardship that has only expounded upon itself as each year has gone by that we have lived through it. And even though Republicans are responding with similar pettiness, they were not and will never be the ones who created this mess or who will be blamed for it. That is even as I concede that, instead of being the bigger men and women and creating their own more noble precedent, they have chosen only to play by the original rules that the childish Democrats set forth in it's creation.

Congress (that means BOTH parties) is a mess, Folks, and the only solution is to vote every one of those frauds out and institute term limits for all future representatives. They are immature (and the more they open their mouths, we learn intellectually devoid) children. They are an embarrassment to this country and to everyone they claim to "represent".

When (not if) Barack Obama's signature legislation crashes and burns, it will be yet another fitting blow to an 8 year legacy marked by narcissism, corruption, lies, hardship, and division from day one. He left this country a mess.
edit on 7/21/2017 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree with another poster, the American people own it. I don't know why a turn around for approval of the ACA is now 55 percent since the election. Except they were promised a better plan by Trump and he didn't deliver.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I agree with another poster, the American people own it. I don't know why a turn around for approval of the ACA is now 55 percent since the election. Except they were promised a better plan by Trump and he didn't deliver.

That's true, but how many time will Congress do this tothe American people until they are fed up? The Democrats sold the American people a bill of goods that they knew was going to collapse. What Trump is doing is exposing the dishonesty and ineptitude of Congress, majority of which are bought off and indebted to special interest and lobbyists. Both sides don't care about the American people. They care about lining their pockets and their own self interest before anything. I've been saying this for years, they are essential the same in that sense and will never change because they don't have to. Without term limits, these people will do this for decades and have been with any regret. It's time for an Article Five Convention.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Not really gonna get into a fuss over this, but I do have to mention the one logical flaw in your OP:

You think the American public will blame the people who were blocked from fixing Obamacare by the people who instituted Obamacare, and so were unable to fix Obamacare. Not the people who instituted Obamacare and then after Obamacare failed made every effort to prevent anyone from fixing Obamacare?

Ooooo.. K!

I let a guy work on my car last week and he messed it up so bad it won't run. So I took it to a new guy. If he hasn't fixed it by noon today, I'm taking it back to the first guy. At least what what the first guy says he heard me say.

2018 is going to be sooooooo much fun to watch.....

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

too bad trump campaigned on how EASY it would be to replace with something better. lol

he looks the fool, as do all the other republicans who can't fix it now that it's in their control. they NEED the democrats to fix it - hysterical.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Let me explain the flaw in YOUR logic. The Republicans don't need the Democrats to pass a new healthcare bill. They have both houses. They have the majority. Democrats can't 'block' squat. The GOP can't even come to an agreements among themselves. Don't blame the Democrats. It was Trump who PROMISED a better, less expensive healthcare program FOR EVERYONE. Remember him saying that again and again? Do you need a Google link? Trump. He promised. He failed. Don't try and blame everyone else for the GOP's inability to do this.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Actually, the Republican Senate failed, to fix what the Democratic party under Obama did. The President doesn't make law. Need a link to the Constitution?

We'll see how flawed whose logic is come November of next year. I'm expecting a shakeup in the Congress, but it won't be more of those who messed things up in the first place.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't advise this, but if the Trump Administration is intent upon killing ObamaCare, here's how to do it, without any Congressional input.

origin-nyi.thehill.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join