It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine: Nothing but a con job?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This post is a general reply to the poster about the thread. I am afraid you seem to be basing your idea around the use of the word Levant. Perhaps I have misunderstood, though.

If not, and you do see significance in that word and what it means...your idea is wrong and easily provable so.

The thing is...ISIS do not and never have used any form of the word Levant in their self-naming. They have used the phrase 'al-sham' which western governments agreed between themselves to translate into Syria or the Levant, though neither is a correct geographicl translation and trying to define one would be very difficult.

Now, a western government mistranslation for approximation purposes when delivering information content to their populations can not be the basis of a correct hypothesis. Or more generally, if you put # in you get # out.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your entire idea and the use of the word Levant was never of any importance.

edit on 30-7-2017 by mersaultdies because: spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: tinymind

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Palestine is a construct of the Arab Nations and the old USSR. It used the Holocaust to lay a guilt trip on the Western Nations in the hope of splitting their forces in the event of a war in Western Europe.

I don't know about any "construct" between the Arab nations and the old USSR ; but if you would care to look at the link below, you will find the oldest mapped reference which I can provide for the name of a land called Palestine. (750 BC - 625 BC) Notice it seems to show the area along the coast as such and a land locked area to the east called Judah. For many years I had heard people say that all the Jews wanted was a return to their original home land. My question is, "Why are they settled along the coast if they originated in the hills and mountains ? This coastal area should be rightfully Palestinian.

www.lib.utexas.edu...

Palestine was Illegally renamed such by the ROMANS in the past. In todays terms it would be a war crime to try and eliminate or rename a people against their will.

Yassre arafatt and PLO leadership have both stated the "palestinians" up till the newest generation were refugees from surrounding arab nations they tossed out on their arses for trying to overthrow them. And all the arabs agree on trying to beat Israel this way because they cant win militarily.

I get your point, but the Torah itself said that the Hebrews came from outside of Israel and that "God" ordered the Hebrews to wipe out the indigenous Canaanites. Genocide is also a war crime.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Israelis already had a choice to stay in Europe move to the US or move to the USSR. They Chose to move to Israel after the British mandate for Palestine. They are there because they want to live there. Why would we take land from MExico to give to people who chose to keep to themselves rather than assimilate? That would be like taking Michigan for the Nepalese.

Nooo... No they didn't have a real choice to move to the USSR. Are you forgetting all the pogroms in the 19th and 20th centuries?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mersaultdies
This post is a general reply to the poster about the thread. I am afraid you seem to be basing your idea around the use of the word Levant. Perhaps I have misunderstood, though.

If not, and you do see significance in that word and what it means...your idea is wrong and easily provable so.

The thing is...ISIS do not and never have used any form of the word Levant in their self-naming. They have used the phrase 'al-sham' which western governments agreed between themselves to translate into Syria or the Levant, though neither is a correct geographicl translation and trying to define one would be very difficult.

Now, a western government mistranslation for approximation purposes when delivering information content to their populations can not be the basis of a correct hypothesis. Or more generally, if you put # in you get # out.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your entire idea and the use of the word Levant was never of any importance.

No, I think you have the gist of my premise. If you have a geological description of this 'al-sham' and despite your point that it is difficult to define, a general/loose description-assuming it is significantly different from the Levant label- it would be appreciated.

I'd also surmise that ISIS would clarify if the general definition departed significantly from 'Levant'.

Finally, my point on the failure of Jordan or Syria to return the 'Palestinian lands and formally acknowledge the State of Palestine is pretty good evidence that my premise has some validity.

Please correct my points if I'm in error.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: tinymind

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Palestine is a construct of the Arab Nations and the old USSR. It used the Holocaust to lay a guilt trip on the Western Nations in the hope of splitting their forces in the event of a war in Western Europe.

I don't know about any "construct" between the Arab nations and the old USSR ; but if you would care to look at the link below, you will find the oldest mapped reference which I can provide for the name of a land called Palestine. (750 BC - 625 BC) Notice it seems to show the area along the coast as such and a land locked area to the east called Judah. For many years I had heard people say that all the Jews wanted was a return to their original home land. My question is, "Why are they settled along the coast if they originated in the hills and mountains ? This coastal area should be rightfully Palestinian.

www.lib.utexas.edu...

Palestine was Illegally renamed such by the ROMANS in the past. In todays terms it would be a war crime to try and eliminate or rename a people against their will.

Yassre arafatt and PLO leadership have both stated the "palestinians" up till the newest generation were refugees from surrounding arab nations they tossed out on their arses for trying to overthrow them. And all the arabs agree on trying to beat Israel this way because they cant win militarily.

I get your point, but the Torah itself said that the Hebrews came from outside of Israel and that "God" ordered the Hebrews to wipe out the indigenous Canaanites. Genocide is also a war crime.

If one is using biblical sources for confirmation of 'war crimes' and 'crimes against humanity', then the acts of Egypt against the Israelis would also qualify-which you seem to ignore- in fact, the great flood, itself by God, himself, qualifies as an crime against humanity.

Then there's your 'name' and assuming it is racially accurate, then Inca/Aztec human sacrifices also qualify as war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Heck, take Revelations, an indictable description of conspiring to commit crimes against humanity. The whole of the human race is guilty of crimes against humanity. Quit cherry-picking and ignoring the rest.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mersaultdies

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This whole situation comes from Arabs not wanting jews living next to them.
They tried to remove Israel with soldiers twice and failed so they turned to a political attempt.

Not just Jews but Christians too. Everybody rants on about Palestine but what about all the Jewish and Christian communities in north africa and the middle east now empty of Christians and Jews. It's totally nuts and a history never told in the english speaking world. At least in Israel there is a barrier. Where are all the Christians and Jews in Constantine or Oran these day? Dead / ethnically cleansed is the answer, same as in all the other ancient communities around that region where Islam has swept everyone out.

The fact that Jews, Christians and Muslims lived side by side across the middle east and north africa for over a thousand years seems to be ignored by you.

The jewish depopulation of the middle east, north africa and central asia happened in response to the creation of Israel by western zionists and the wars that went along with this theft of land and imposition of an apartheid state. This happened less than a hundred years ago after more than ten times as long spent living in a multi cultural region.

The christian depopulation of the middle east, north africa and central asia didn't even happen. There are still many Christians living in Egypt, Syria, Iraq and Iran, for example. Obviously, the number is far less than it used to be before Israel and other contributory factors led to increased migration.

Have you noted that all of these religions sharing the same spaces for over a millenium happened despite the whole region being under Muslim rulers for all of this time?

Even a cursory knowledge of the history of this area would have been useful before trotting out your NWO-fed Islamophobic ignorance. Try opening a book.

Lots of books. The whole of the ME was largely Christian until Islam. The process of 'conversion' was one could remain Christian with double taxation/tithing. Failing that, it was conversion or beheading or slavery. No, not 'depopulation'. Centuries of enforced conversion and numerous attempts at converting Europe, as well. Hence, finally, the Crusades...

Read books.....

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Nope not forgetting, but they were rampant through western Europe in general, Europe I think in general was rather unsafe.
I was just referring to the oblast in Russia specifically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join