It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translator in Trump Jr. Meeting identified as ex-State Dept. Contractor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It says nothing about the results which is that Russia did this.

I'm out. It's like playing charades with the blind or telephone with the deaf.
Pointless.
And you guys completely got off topic again btw.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow. The translator in the Trump Jr meeting was THIS guy?

Following the introduction by Program Officer Anatoli Samochornov

FBI Addresses New Challenges in Trans-Atlantic Security at Institute of International Education

Unless there are 2 guys with that same name in DC?

The translator has been identified as Anatoli Samochornov, who a State Department spokesperson confirmed has done contract work for them. Samochornov is not a State Department employee, the spokesperson said, but has worked with the State Department's Office of Language Services as an interpreter. Samochornov also helped the State Department implement exchange programs when he was working for Meridian International, a nonprofit that has a cooperative agreement with the State Department.

www.cbsnews.com...

Anatoli Samochornov of the United States Department of State;

NY Times article from 2005

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

from the op:

The translator has been identified as Anatoli Samochornov, who a State Department spokesperson confirmed has done contract work for them. Samochornov is not a State Department employee, the spokesperson said, but has worked with the State Department's Office of Language Services as an interpreter.

so the translator is known to the us govt having worked for the state dept as a contractor........
has this guy said the meeting went differently than what jr has disclosed?

oh also this guy is a us citizen so there would be a paper trail if he were unmasked as well.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Samochornov, an American citizen, has worked as a translator for Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who led the meeting with Donald Trump Jr. on June 9, 2016.

Samochornov’s work for Veselnitskaya extended outside of the courtroom. Veselnitskaya formed a nonprofit group called the Human Rights Accountability Global Initiative Foundation, which employed Akhmetshin as a lobbyist. The group’s stated purpose is to restart the adoptions of Russian children to the U.S. by repealing the Magnitsky Act.

if this lady was only there to lobby about lifting the magnitsky act there will be a whole lot of explaining to do with respect to unmasking us citizens

Were other us citizens she lobbied unmasked as well?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Forgive the typo, but here it is ... so you can have full context. I understand how you guys use that 1984 memory hole the Ministry of Truth so conveniently installs.

It seems you forgot what Obama said. Now it seems Russia *is* the biggest threat after all.

edit on 18-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What changed is very simple. Trump won and the Democrats needed a scapegoat. Not much more complicated than that. Putin was a good target for them because he had Obama on a string for years and Barry hated it.
edit on 18/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Disregarding the content of the thread it seems like you are suggesting that it is not ok for Hilary to collude with Russia but is ok for Trump to do so.

They HOLD the other side to much higher standards than those who THEY they vote for.
edit on 18-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Geopolitics is FLUID.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think this information is further evidence that the meeting was arranged by people who wanted to set up the Trumps. They (Democrats) arranged the meeting, getting Trump Jr. there under false pretenses, and carefully worded the email in an effort to manufacture "evidence" to support their planned attempt to take down Trump.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Geopolitics is FLUID.

You need to get your talking points right. GENDER is fluid.

They do both start with /j/ though, so I'll give you that.
edit on 18-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I think you're right. That kind of fits in with my other musings on the matter.

This looks orchestrated, and DJT Jr did a great job exposing them in releasing the emails.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I think this information is further evidence that the meeting was arranged by people who wanted to set up the Trumps. They (Democrats) arranged the meeting, getting Trump Jr. there under false pretenses, and carefully worded the email in an effort to manufacture "evidence" to support their planned attempt to take down Trump.

So you're BASICALLY admitting the Trump's are

IDIOTS

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

AH HA! Yesterday:

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

Today?

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

We're slowly working down the LIST...

NEXT UP:

"I'm Trump and I didn't MEAN to collude with Russians!"

edit on 18-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: butcherguy

It says nothing about the results which is that Russia did this.

I'm out. It's like playing charades with the blind or telephone with the deaf.
Pointless.
And you guys completely got off topic again btw.

I still love you silly.

I am on a diet, so I don't want to mention what I will be eating for dinner tonight.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say. All I see are underlines, bolds and italics.

It was totally reasonable for Trump Jr. to accept a meeting for the reasons he was given for the purpose that was given to him.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Disregarding the content of the thread it seems like you are suggesting that it is not ok for Hilary to collude with Russia but is ok for Trump to do so.

They HOLD the other side to much higher standards than those who THEY they vote for.

Yeah. That is more than obvious these days. They don't even hide this anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I agree
I also think there are actual recordings of this meeting, as there were russian foreign nationals present.(the nsa collects all)
If anything illegal had been done it would have been leaked.
While it may have been unethical to take the meeting, nothing was obtained so I do not see how it was illegal.
There are plenty of american citizens in the room for the authorities to question, and comey said the "counterintelligence" investigation has been going on since july of 16, so if there was any shenanigans going on we would have already known about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
Of course this news story gets released at 11:25 p.m. on a Friday night when no one is really following the news cycle.

www.cbsnews.com...

I would have taken this meeting too. The possibility existed that information was going to be passed that Hillary Clinton was and had been colluding with Russia all along. Look at her and Bill's long storied history with Russia and between the Clintons and Obama compare that to Trump and tell me who has the greater likelihood of colluding.

This was a set-up by Podesta and his client Azerbaijan and Emin. Podesta helped write that bizarre e-mail to trigger a FISA warrant. It will come out.

Could be why the notes of the meeting changed to being about adoption. Trumps team realized who he was prior to the meeting, figured it was a set up and used it to their advantage.

Funny how they always seem to be one step ahead once the full story comes out and how it always involves Clinton, Podesta or Obama.

This would also suggest that the Trump team knew pretty far in advance that this Russian narrative was about to hit and has been prepared for it well in advance since every single angle keeps coming back to dems being the corrupt party every time.

I do love how so many keep calling him an idiot though....would like to know how many that are have been as successful as he has in life too.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think it was dumb luck for the trump admin that these people did not have any dirt to trade.
Had the purpose of the meeting been clear from the outset I do not think jr would have taken the meeting.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If you believe the trump family.
If you have half a brain you don't trust a thing they say.
We don't know what they gave them or promised them.
We sure know that they considered what they had a big enough payoff to ask for sanctions to be lifted.

We know from Flynns conversations with Kisylac that Russia's goal with this admin is to get relief from sanctions that are costing them economic grief.

They for some reason think that trump is going to be the one to get that goal met.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What was vague about the purpose of the meeting?

We have dirt on Clinton from the Russian government who is working on your father's behalf to get him elected. We'd like to meet to discuss it.

Great let's do....

Who's gonna be there?

Every Russian spy in NY right now. Will that be cool?

Sure have them come in the basement and up the freight elevator I'll clear it with security.
We bring in Russians this way all the time.
edit on 7182017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join