It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So true.

I'm quite amazed that there are so-called libertarians who think they have the right to impose their views on the personal lives of others.

That is ironic lol.

Thank gawd I'm an anarchist. We don't stand for that sort of BS D:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't think they care if you accept the changes or not. They only want to be treated as human beings.

Who isn't treating them like human beings?

No different from people who stretch their ear lobes or put holes on their cheeks.

... I'd think they would want to be treated better than that.

If you pay attention there are people who consider them freaks and subhumans.

Well, they are wrong.

Especially the alt-right people.

Such as?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Of course they are wrong. That's why people bring awareness to it and bring understanding to it.
And I am not sure why you asked that question? Let's just say that there are people who hate the LGBT folks (there are evidence of that right here on ATS) and leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The asshole Milo.

He seemed to be a hero negging trans etc. Then he decided to minimise child abuse.

No longer hero.

At least the alt-right have some standards D:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Of course they are wrong. That's why people bring awareness to it and bring understanding to it.
And I am not sure why you asked that question? Let's just say that there are people who hate the LGBT folks (there are evidence of that right here on ATS) and leave it at that.

Actually I need to walk the 'freak' part back. 'Freak' is a very subjective term, depending on the person.

I've been called a freak for being conservative, for voting for Trump, for being a winter person, for being able to stretch my skin like putty when I was younger, for having synesthesia, and for the wide space between my big toe and index toe.

And actually when you get down to it, I've been treated as a sub-human by some people on social media and this forum because I voted for Trump.

So I guess those people just need to suck it up and deal with differing opinions. Words can only hurt you if you let them.

When things change to physical violence then we have a problem.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You and I have been called many names. But we don't experience the level of bullying and violence the LGBT people have experienced. There are so many hate crimes against the transgender community, sometimes they go unreported. To compare our "experience" with theirs is disingenuous. I wouldn't even dare to compare my experience of being made fun of due to my deafness with their experiences.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think I love you...

In a non-romantic way, of course lol.

We are talking about a population of 1 in several thousand. Very few people.

They suffer tremendous oppression throughout their lives. Karma will handle those whom hate on them I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You and I have been called many names. But we don't experience the level of bullying and violence the LGBT people have experienced. There are so many hate crimes against the transgender community, sometimes they go unreported. To compare our "experience" with theirs is disingenuous. I wouldn't even dare to compare my experience of being made fun of due to my deafness with their experiences.

Meh. Bullying happens. There is no systemic oppression in the USA, there *are* bullies and drunkards.
edit on 4-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: melatonin

I think I love you...

They suffer tremendous oppression throughout their lives. Karma will handle those whom hate on them I'm sure.

You are assuming we hate , when in fact it appears as you are the hater.

This thread is not about hate .. it's about concern. It's the haters who have made it about hate.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow.

Stuff happens. eh?

Just the way it is :/

Wow.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I think I love you...

You are assuming we hate , when in fact it appears as you are the hater.

This thread is not about hate .. it's about concern. It's the haters who have made it about hate.

No I don't hate you.

I pity you. You have to live with the fact that your type of attitude leads trans children, adolescents, and adults to commit suicide.

But I'm absolutely sure they'll thank you for your concern.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Our concern is the dismissive attitude towards their experience and the lack of understanding of the transgenderism. Of course we should be concerned about those extremely rare cases of people regretting the surgery or have been misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria due to incompetent psychiatrists.
edit on 8/4/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Our concern is the dismissive attitude towards their experience and the lack of understanding of the transgenderism. Of course we should be concerned about those extremely rare cases of people regretting the surgery or have been misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria due to incompetent psychiatrists.

Your concern has been noted .
The fact remains that a male or female born into a gender will never become a different gender in body. While their minds and certain chromosomes can lean them towards a certain gender , no amount of surgery or hormones will change them completelt to desired sex.
This is what concerns me post surgery . Transgender begin to realize as much as they may feel they are a certain gender, they will never totally be that gender physically , and that can have devastating effects emotionally and psychologically.

My heart goes out to all those struggling with transition , as it is a long , often slow, and painful process.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

My heart goes out to all those struggling with transition , as it is a long , often slow, and painful process.

Sheye, please.

You know nothing. Words are so easy.

However, at least it's a start. If you can go volunteer at a trans youth group or something. it'll help I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sheye, please.

You know nothing. Words are so easy.

However, at least it's a start. If you can go volunteer at a trans youth group or something. it'll help I'm sure.

I know someone in the transitioning process , but I guess I know nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️
It has been a slow process so far , and it is painful , and also difficult on family. Hormones play havoc with mood swings ( just ask any menapausal woman )

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Okie dokie.

I'm surprised at your attitude then.

And taking feamle HRT actually minimises menopausal symptoms.

Message remains the same, though - go help these people. They are isolated and highly vulnerable (:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: melatonin

Message remains the same, though - go help these people. They are isolated and highly vulnerable (:

I pray for them often , and this is how I help. I doubt they would want my kind of help anyhow.

So do you volunteer with these souls ? Sounds like you get off telling others how to live their life in regards to certain issues. Just to set the record straight God is my boss .. you ? .. not so much 😏

edit on 4-8-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

lol, I don't care what you do in your private life. You can spin round in circles and sing 'pop goes the weasel' for all I care. Likewise, you should keep your bigoted attitudes to yourself. None of your business really.

Given you are apparently religious, wouldn't it also be between another person and whomever (god, cats, dog, tree)? Who da hell are you to judge lol?

Simples. Makes life so much easier (:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

lol, I don't care what you do in your private life. You can spin round in circles and sing 'pop goes the weasel' for all I care. Likewise, you should keep your bigoted attitudes to yourself. None of your business really.

Given you are apparently religious, wouldn't it also be between another person and whomever (god, cats, dog, tree)? Who da hell are you to judge lol?

Simples. Makes life so much easier (:

I'm not judging them... merely trying to point out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side , and it was transgender folk who said it . The percentage is up for debate , but any regret is a pause for concern for those contemplating transition.

If they choose to go ahead and do it .. I try not to judge .. and if things do not go well or as expected, I promise I will never say "I told you so ". 😕

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Not really up for debate.

A number of studies show it is less than 1 in 10 who show regret. That's few not many.

We are also talking about a population of somewhere between 1 in 5000 to 30000.

To be honest, the chances of you meeting a regretful transsexual in real-life is very very unlikely. So perhaps move on and look for someone else to patronise in the name of your omnipotent omniscient all loving god D:

I'm sure he can do the patronising for you really.

Maybe try those gingers. They look very ginger o:

edit on 4-8-2017 by melatonin because: blah

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join