It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Yes, it's always the same things in these threads. "It's a mental illness", even though ALL the major psychological and psychiatric associations state that it's not, and ALL these major mental health organizations who deal with this subject on a professional level and have for many, many years - all state that gender dysphoria is a real condition, and the best treatment is to encourage the person to live their life as the gender they mentally identify with in order to relieve the symptoms of dysphoria.

But in all these threads, the haters pull out the right wing fringe groups as their backup. No surprise there.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

MOST OF US DO NOT GET SURGERY

is this getting through yet holy hell

It's not just about surgery. All the hormones taken to suppress one's gender, and force the expression of the opposite gender, is just as surgical as the doctor's knife.

This interferes with the brain chemistry, and prevents the brain from finishing it's developmental process, according to the individual's design.

We are just tampering with nature, because "we can."

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
more excerpts from the second article...

Twelve years ago, The Guardian reported that a review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transgender patients by the University of Birmingham Aggressive Research Intelligence Facility found “no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective . . . Research from the US and Holland suggests that up to a fifth of patients regret changing sex.” Shortly after undergoing sex change surgery, most people report feeling better. Over time, however, the initial euphoria wears off. The distress returns, but this time it is exacerbated by having a body that is irrevocably molded to look like the opposite gender. That’s what happened to me, and that’s what the people with regret who write to me say happened to them.

Recently I received an email that blows the lid off the idea of sex change success and illustrates the truth about damaged lives. This man’s story of transition started in his teens. He explains: I transitioned to female beginning in my late teens and changed my name in my early 20s, over ten years ago. But it wasn't right for me; I feel only discontent now in the female role. I was told that my transgender feelings were permanent, immutable, physically deep-seated in my brain and could NEVER change, and that the only way I would ever find peace was to become female. The problem is, I don't have those feelings anymore. When I began seeing a psychologist a few years ago to help overcome some childhood trauma issues, my depression and anxiety began to wane but so did my transgender feelings. So two years ago I began contemplating going back to my birth gender, and it feels right to do so. I have no doubts--I want to be male! I did have orchiectomy [the removal of one or both testicles], and that happened before my male puberty had completed, so I have a bit of facial hair which I never bothered to get electrolysis or laser for, and so the one blessing about all this is that with male hormone treatment I can still resume my male puberty where it was interrupted and grow a full beard and deep voice like I would have had if transgender feelings hadn't intruded upon my childhood. My breasts are difficult to hide though, so I'll need surgery to get rid of them. And saddest of all, I can never have children, which I pray God will give me the strength to withstand that sadness.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As a "leftist" (I think) it is so disheartening to see any and all discussions on certain subjects reduced to add hominem attacks on any dissenting voices, labelling any attempt at discussing an alternate theory as "hate".

Please give me an example of Sheye's hate (ON THIS THREAD- as the accusations are being leveled on this thread).

Otherwise, what a sleezy tactic.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yes, it's always the same things in these threads. "It's a mental illness", even though ALL the major psychological and psychiatric associations state that it's not, and ALL these major mental health organizations who deal with this subject on a professional level and have for many, many years - all state that gender dysphoria is a real condition, and the best treatment is to encourage the person to live their life as the gender they mentally identify with in order to relieve the symptoms of dysphoria.

But in all these threads, the haters pull out the right wing fringe groups as their backup. No surprise there.

What's the difference between a mental illness and a mental condition?

I'm massively confused by your post.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It's a typical tactic used by a certain group to label those with differing opinions as hate, instead of just that -- differing opinions.

I've endured many many pages of it discussing this topic, that's why I'm staying out of this one.

As for you thinking your a lefty, you're kind of like me, your core values and beliefs are definitely more liberal, but you're also rational and understand conservative approaches by not letting your emotions think for you.

edit on 18-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

(post by veracity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

It's not just about surgery. All the hormones taken to suppress one's gender, and force the expression of the opposite gender, is just as surgical as the doctor's knife.

patently, utterly, absurdly untrue.
what do you think hormones ARE? what sort of bizarre scenario are you picturing?
hormones are slow. hormones are subtle.
hormones take literal YEARS to reach their full effect - I've been on HRT for five years now and my body is not done changing.
even on a maximum dose of both blockers and hormones, if you were to stop any time in the first year the effects will literally all disappear entirely in a matter of months.
in the years beyond that it's uncertain, because everyone is different - you may retain some body fat redistribution and there's a chance you'd have some fertility issues. bear in mind, these are perfectly normal effects of ageing regardless.

that's
that's some horrific mutilation right there man you're so right

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Yet “transgender” dogma is so unquestioned today that even very young children are allowed to choose their “gender.” An example is six-year-old girl Ryland, who Parent 24’s Tamar Cloete bills as the “world's youngest transgender child.” Calling her parents’ decision to allow her to live as a boy “brave,” Cloete writes that this “may be a phase or it might not, but that is all up to the kid to decide.” Absolutely striking. We would agree that a six-year-old is far too young to decide his own diet, educational program, or bedtime. But we’re to believe he’s mature enough to decide to “live as the opposite sex”?

How could anyone who cared about a child not be wary of it transitioning to another gender.

Anyone who wants to see their child happy.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

She expressed that it was based on her concern and love of children, but because her opinion is different, she's now a child abuser?

Who is being a bigot now?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If you do not want happiness for your child and you accept that your child be depressed instead bc he has to first accept a body he/she does not want to...that is mental abuse, therefore a child abuser.

Are you claiming that mental abuse does not count as abuse?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

lolol,

Good job finding a fake religious online article that aligns with your agenda to help you feel better about being a child abuser, loflfolfolfol

I'm the child abuser now ? For wanting to guide children with wisdom into accepting their bodies and genders ,so they don't experience regret and remorse over an irreversible decision?

Thanks for showing us who the true haters are 😕

(post by veracity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If you do not want happiness for your child and you accept that your child be depressed instead bc he has to first accept a body he/she does not want to...that is mental abuse, therefore a child abuser.

Are you claiming that mental abuse does not count as abuse?

Are you one of those sceeery gov peeps that works with social services to snatch children from their homes so they can be put on hormone blockers ?

Leave my kids alone ! I will always know what is best for them... and I'm sure I'm not the only parent who feels this way.

(post by veracity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Where did I say that? I'm saying her intentions are based on the concern of the kids and not to suppress or abuse.

But you calling her an abuser is being disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
what do you think hormones ARE? what sort of bizarre scenario are you picturing?
hormones are slow. hormones are subtle.
hormones take literal YEARS to reach their full effect - I've been on HRT for five years now and my body is not done changing.
even on a maximum dose of both blockers and hormones, if you were to stop any time in the first year the effects will literally all disappear entirely in a matter of months.
:

Hormones affect "emotions".

Emotions influence the psychological make up of the mind.

This chemistry determines how we act and react to situations.

That practice of acting and reacting to external stimuli builds and re-inforces neural patterns in the brain.

Your psychological development is dependent on these hormones.

The person you become will depend on all those years of being influenced by the biochemicals running around in your body.

You may stop taking the hormones after 10 years, and the body will revert, but the brain is now "fixed" by your "life experience" while "under the drugs."

That part of your journey through life is "not reversible."

What you "become" depends on those hormones, ie. what you become "mentally."

edit on 18-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

yes a mental abuser and an idiot

According to the article, many wished they would not have gone through with surgery, and to not warn people and make children aware of this ,is the real child abuse .

Maybe , veracity ,it is you who is the actual child abuser, but I don't think you have bad intentions with children, so I won't call you that. But I don't think you think this through ,with true wisdom in your heart and mind , if you call someone like me a child abuser. 🤔

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

yes a mental abuser and an idiot

According to the article, many wished they would not have gone through with surgery, and to not warn people and make children aware of this ,is the real child abuse .

Maybe , veracity ,it is you who is the actual child abuser, but I don't think you have bad intentions with children, so I won't call you that. But I don't think you think this through ,with true wisdom in your heart and mind , if you call someone like me a child abuser. 🤔

this is a religious, fake article, please do not believe everything you read on the internet.

(post by veracity removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join