It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

The actor Rupert Everett has expressed concerns about parents who seek medical treatment for children who question their gender.

The 57-year-old, who is gay, revealed he wanted to be a girl as he grew up and dressed exclusively as one when he was a child. He suggested that Caitlyn Jenner, the TV personality and Olympian who was formerly Bruce Jenner, had made a mistake in undergoing gender transition and had “no clue” what being transsexual involved.

Everett, currently starring in the BBC1 show The Musketeers, told the Sunday Times magazine: “I really wanted to be a girl. Thank God the world of now wasn’t then, because I’d be on hormones and I’d be a woman. After I was 15 I never wanted to be a woman again.”

He believes parents who “get medical” are scary, saying: “It’s nice to be allowed to express yourself, but the hormone thing, very young, is a big step. I think a lot of children have an ambivalence when they’re very young to what sex they are or what they feel about everyone. And there should be a way of embracing it.”

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yes sparkle motion, I'm well aware of how retroviruses work and if out can't see where I addressed specific fallacies then you need a reading comprehension course. You claimed that there were only 2 genders. I pointed out that this was complete hogwash and that were the only two precise genders, every HSS would be XX or XY. This is not the case. There are numerous variations including XXY,XXXY, XYY, XYYY and several genetic variances beyond chromosomes such as Turner Syndrome where the female is missing part of or all of the X chromosome and Klinefelter Syndrome as well as a number of variant ways specific genes express themselves which alter hormones among other issues. You're essentially claiming that there are only 2 possibilities for how a person can be on a genetic level. This is completely false.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
numerous variations including XXY,XXXY, XYY, XYYY and several genetic variances beyond chromosomes such as Turner Syndrome where the female is missing part of or all of the X chromosome and Klinefelter Syndrome

You're talking about extremely rare conditions. Are you trying to justify "transgender" with that? How many transgenders fall into the category of XXY etc..?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
www.theguardian.com...

One person's experience is not the world's experience - and being gay is NOT the same as being transgender. I do know some transgender people (m-to-f and f-to-m) and the sense of being "wrong"did not change. Parents of transgender children say that their child's experience is very different than that of their non-transgendered children.

It's not "wanting to look like the other gender" or "wanting to dress like the other gender" or play with the things the other gender wants. It's much deeper than that.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

they're not trying to justify anything, they're pointing that the argument "there are only two genders! black and white! penis and vagina!" is a fallacy from the get go and that anything based on that is equally fallacious.
doesn't matter how rare any particular condition is, it is a fact that genetics, and gender, and human sexuality, and goshdarn near everything in fact is much more complicated and nuanced than arguments tend to make out.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

If you have your hair removed by a laser beam, can it be grown again, if you change your mind and want to revert back to a prior sex?

""Starting August 1st, the UC Berkeley student health insurance program will be adding laser hair removal as a covered item under the list of “transgender student services”.

The new service will be added to the list of already existing services that accommodate transgender students, including “gender reassignment surgery,” “breast augmentation (MTF top surgery),” “female to male top surgery,” “hormone therapy,” etc.""

capitalisthq.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we all know laser hair removal isn't exactly permanent, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

It's not "wanting to look like the other gender" or "wanting to dress like the other gender" or play with the things the other gender wants. It's much deeper than that.

Besides chromosomes , I think it is deeper than that as well, but the manifestations are that the patient wants to be the other gender, and will perform life altering surgeries to do so, that some end up regretting deeply.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

they're not trying to justify anything, they're pointing that the argument "there are only two genders! black and white! penis and vagina!" is a fallacy from the get go and that anything based on that is equally fallacious.
doesn't matter how rare any particular condition is, it is a fact that genetics, and gender, and human sexuality, and goshdarn near everything in fact is much more complicated and nuanced than arguments tend to make out.

But, it does matter how rare something is.

That generally determines whether we consider something a "pathology" or "healthy".

The frequency of expression of any form or function defines its normalcy.

We don't have any other metric to decide what to "fix" and what to "leave as it is."

When you go to the doctor, he uses "statistics" to decide what to do.

If everybody has a pimple on their big toe, then that pimple becomes normal and nobody tries to "remove it."

Now, if we adopt the policy that everything found in nature is "healthy", we don't need doctors anymore.

Every expression, no matter how rare, can simply be considered a "valid expression" of nature's multi-faceted design.

Co-joined twins? Why try to separate them? That's a rare, but valid, and normal expression of nature's possibilities.

Every expression that manifests is "a ok".

Close down all the medical schools, and lets all live with our natural conditions, whatever they may be, because thinking of something as "wrong" or "bad" or "un-natural" is the only problem we humans have. It's all in our thoughts.

At some point all the promoters of these alternative ideas like, gay, lesbian, transgender, queer, etc..will have to accept the truth, that it's all just "a choice" that we make, nothing more.

We humans have free will, and can use that freedom to "choose" what we want to do, and which body parts we'd like to "alter", pierce the ears, puncture the lips, put holes in the nose, stretch the skull into a cone-head, cut off the genitals, implant silicon under the nipples to create artificial breasts, etc...

We are "choosing", because of "ideas in our heads". There is no need to "justify" our choices. It's what we want to do. And that's good enough an explanation, because man has the freedom to make up his own mind.

Accept the reality, that this is all that transgender is about. The right to choose.

There is no basis for transgender in any scientific facts.

edit on 22-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Co-joined twins? Why try to separate them? That's a rare, but valid, and normal expression of nature's possibilities.

LOL. You destroyed your own argument. I mean why help transgender people?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL. You destroyed your own argument. I mean why help transgender people?

That's the thing, isn't it?

We see what we want to see.

All language is just a mirror for our own mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
for two years i thought to be transgender, but the reality is transgender should be an attack from medical mafia

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: delphos87
for two years i thought to be transgender, but the reality is transgender should be an attack from medical mafia

Did you go to therapy and discover you weren't dysphoric?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I heard they need to keep a dildo in their newly made hole or the body will try to close what it perceives as an open would. If you want to be a sexual deviant you should probably just stick with wearing dresses, make up and wigs.
edit on 24-7-2017 by flyingdutchman2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112
I heard they need to keep a dildo in their newly made hole or the body will try to close what it perceives as an open would. If you want to be a sexual deviant you should probably just stick with wearing dresses, make up and wigs.

And if you want to be an ignorant asshole, you should do exactly what you are doing.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Maybe you should get some facts before you post such ignorant garbage. Besides, just because wearing dresses, heels and makeup is all that it takes to make you feel complete, that just means that you're a transvestite. The only sexual deviant is the one who suppresses their needs. Furthermore, confusing gender with sexuality makes you look more stupid than you already come off as. Knowledge is power but on ATS, ignorance apparently is king.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Are you serious?...I mean, seriously. Was this a serious post?

I cannot even fathom how people like you exist...

Reading your comment makes me fear for mankind and furthermore, you sound like a crazed lunatic ranting garbage myths and legends from the medieval era.

"Legend has it that blah blah blah. And they say that blah blah blah."

I'd encourage you to do some actual research about ANYTHING...ANYTHING AT ALL...but I fear that your head might implode. So...for your own safety, I'd return to the cage in the basement and continue feeding off of moth balls and minimal amounts of light.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So why do transgendered drop out of long term studies ?
What percentage are involved in the sex trades ?
Enquiring minds want to know .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I don't know what you mean by drop out rates. I know many who go stealth and "drop off" the public to make new lives.

I also know more than one who is a sex worker. I know they do it because they need the money and employment discrimination is still a thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I don't know what you mean by drop out rates. I know many who go stealth and "drop off" the public to make new lives.

I also know more than one who is a sex worker. I know they do it because they need the money and employment discrimination is still a thing.

Ok... that makes sense to a degree, but many humans have a hard time getting emplyment... and many don't resort to the sex trade for survival.

For example, in a five-year study of 727 post-operative transsexuals published, 495 people dropped out for unknown reasons.”

edit on 24-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join