It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
20-30 years ago if you walked into your doctors office and asked for your genitals to be fillet and tucked inside your body to create a vagina or asked for your vagina to be sewn up and molded into a penis they would have committed you for evaluation....

This has been and clearly still is a serious mental disorder and should be treated as such. I feel for these people who are confused just as I do for someone with schizophrenia, delusions, or dementia... I hope they get the help they need and not some liberal support group ready to put them under the scalpel.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
20-30 years ago if you walked into your doctors office and asked for your genitals to be fillet and tucked inside your body to create a vagina or asked for your vagina to be sewn up and molded into a penis they would have committed you for evaluation....

That's not true. I know a trans person who got the surgery 40 years ago.

I hope they get the help they need and not some liberal support group ready to put them under the scalpel.

And what help is that?
edit on 18-7-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Sheye

a reply to: Sheye

I think deep down, most Christians are very unhappy and regret their decision to be Christians, but will deny, deny, deny it to keep it hidden.

See how that works?

Christians can change their minds ... they don't have to deal with deep remorse over body mutilation.

See how that works ?

But that would make the religion look bad, so the Christian organizations hide it.

As a matter of fact, I think you are very unhappy being a Christian, but you are being forced to suppress it by the Christian community.

😂.. I think you don't know me at all .

Christianity has saved my life. I used to be unhappy until I found the peace of forgiveness and grace through Jesus.

I don't know of any Christians who condemn honesty ,but I'm sure they exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I hope they get the help they need and not some liberal support group ready to put them under the scalpel.

And what help is that?

There will always be people practicing some sort of fringe medicine...I'm sure I can find a witch doctor to anything I want in the guise of a medical procedure....

Psychiatric help....what other help do you think they need? Let me guess, a phone book for gender reassignment surgeons?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

a reply to: continuousThunder

I know several trans people, and none of them regret their transition. Their only source of pain comes from the narrow-minded family, friends and co-workers who refuse to accept them.

I have several Trans friends myself and they all regret their transition. Their real source of pain was that no one was there to help them with their mental disorder before the mutilated themselves.

See how easy that is.....

edit on 18-7-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Mother nature wins again...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I think you don't know transgender people at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So perhaps the reason many transgendered get so depressed is ...

What if they're simply mental cases?? Some people just ain't normal.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And what help is that?

There will always be people practicing some sort of fringe medicine...I'm sure I can find a witch doctor to anything I want in the guise of a medical procedure....

Ha - caught you in a lie and this is your lame response.

Psychiatric help....what other help do you think they need?

What makes you think people with gender dysphoria don't get psychiatric help? Shows just how little you know about it. They must have YEARS of counseling and therapy before having the sex change operation. They have to be approved by someone in the mental health profession before the surgery can happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

If this thread can make just one parent or trans think about their choices a little more, than its done its job.

ya, for example they can read my post on the first page, then follow through and know that they don't have to worry one whit about the ignorant fear-mongering bigots who represent the last bloodyminded stalwarts of a dying breed, who have nothing coherent to say for themselves and nothing but baseless loathing to back it up with.
the future is bright and queer

i notice you haven't had anything to say about my aforementioned post, by the way. my real life experiences contradicting every hateful word you've said not low enough hanging fruit to respond to?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Another arcticle

www.thepublicdiscourse.com...

Regret Isn’t Rare: The Dangerous Lie of Sex Change Surgery’s Success by Walt Heyer within Sexuality June 17th, 2016Stop enabling the delusion that transition is the only answer. Allow scientific research to flourish, no matter what the results show. Look at the evidence and facts and encourage treatment options that address dangerous psychiatric conditions first.

We have been told sex reassignment surgery is successful. The advocates say that regret is rare, and that 98 percent of surgeries are successful. While that figure might be true for surgical complications, before we accept a narrative of surgical success we should consider the evidence. To evaluate success or failure, we need to go beyond the mechanical skill of the surgeon to examine the emotional and psychological wholeness of the patient afterwards—and not just in the first few months, but in the years to come.

Transgender advocates have worked to create a false narrative, hoodwinking the world into believing that no one ever has regrets from a surgical change of gender. They say the transgender ideology they promote is harmless, safe, even beneficial. But what happens when we dismiss the rhetoric, look at the research, and apply basic critical thinking? We see the reports of success fade and those of regret rise.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So perhaps the reason many transgendered get so depressed is not so much to do with bullying and non acceptance but a regret they didn't accept their original bodies more.

It's simple. For some people, the "mind" matures later than their "bodies."

So, some people who "think" they might be "transgender" are actually experiencing "delayed" match-up between the maturing mind and the maturing body.

By the time their minds have developed "puberty", however, to catch up with the body's "puberty", and they "feel male", they have physically changed their bodies because society told them they were the opposite sex, and that's why they didn't "feel male" before.

We know that they can't "feel female" when they have a male body, because it is impossible to know what "feeling like a female" must be, unless you're actually a female. So, what it must be, is "feeling confused", which is then interpreted as being in the wrong body, which in a "binary society" must mean that the mind must be female in a male body.

The logic is all wrong, and has led to people imagining that there's such a thing as "transgender".

There's no such thing.

There's just maturing minds, and maturing bodies. And when the two are "out of sync", the individual doesn't "feel right" at the time. With the passage of time, however, they always begin to feel right. But, we don't give them enough time, we make them "change".

Trust nature. If it put the parts there, it knows better than all of us why those genitals are required for this individual.

edit on 18-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is why surgeons should never do this to children under 16, let alone anyone else. how do the parents of these children feel once this operation is complete?

poor children being totally brainwashed, manipulated and groomed from an early age.

This has to stop.

Can you cite any examples of minors having gender reassignment surgery? At least in the U.S. I can't find any doctors willing to do so and the typical treatment for minors under 16 is hormone blockers to delay onset of puberty and then hormone therapy after 16. But no surgeries prior to 18 that I can find. I would agree that any parent allowing surgery on a minor is making a terrible choice. But I can't find any examples. If you can't support that statement, then you're building a strawman to support a logical fallacy that exists only in your mind (and in the mind of the OP).

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

And what help is that?

Ha - caught you in a lie and this is your lame response.

Psychiatric help....what other help do you think they need?

What makes you think people with gender dysphoria don't get psychiatric help? Shows just how little you know about it. They must have YEARS of counseling and therapy before having the sex change operation. They have to be approved by someone in the mental health profession before the surgery can happen.

A lie huh?? Show me where gender reassignment surgery was common place 20-30 years ago like it is now. Show me where there were just as many Doctors performing the procedure as there are now. Show me where Transgender people were celebrities and public personalities like they are now. Show me where surgical procedures were right on par with todays developments in the operation like they are now...

The only Lie is you pushing the "it's ok to be what you want" agenda. It is not OK to have mental disorder and then mutilate yourself.

And then you go on to contradict yourself by saying people who want gender reassignment surgery have to see a psychiatrist.....SO IT IS A MENTAL DISORDER??

I mean if it isn't a mental disorder then why are the people who seek this operation referred to psychiatric professionals?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You really do love to use discredited bogus garbage to support your entitled bigotry don't you? The Witherspoon Institute?
I'm not remotely surprised considering their history of paying for the anti LGBT Regenerus Study where they told Prof. Refenerus what to write! Interesting that you will only google crap that supports your views and refuse to read anything that doesn't support your campaign of hate. It's really sad that you are so offended by people who have done absolutely nothing to you. And before yOu going on another tirade about "biased science"... how would you know the papers are biased if you haven't read them and can't show me the statistical or methodological errors, let alone the errors in the conclusions? The only biased person here is you. One day, you're goi g to have to take a long hard look in the mirror and you won't be able to hide behind your bible then.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Uh huh - the Witherspoon Institute - a conservative think tank. Big surprise.

This article is crap. Most trans people don't actually have the sex change surgery, so it's an outright lie that they are pushed hard to do it. In fact, some are turned down for the surgery because a psychiatrist or therapist felt they either weren't ready, or it was determined that they didn't really have gender dysphoria.

People with gender dysphoria are encouraged to only go as far as it takes to alleviate the stress caused by the dysphoria. In many cases, hormones and some cosmetic surgery is all it takes, so those changes are recommended first. Sex change surgery is a last resort, when the other changes don't alleviate the dysphoria.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Even if the trans folk are as deluded as the christians...

Isn't it better having trained surgeons carve up their junk than them doing it themselves?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I believe the first actual sex change operation was done in the 1930's. Back then it was not talked about and the general population didn't know anything about it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. As the years have gone by, mental health professionals have learned a lot more about the condition, and more people with gender dysphoria are getting the help they need.

The distress from having gender dysphoria causes issues like depression and anxiety - which is why you seek help from a mental healthcare professional. From there, once you are diagnosed with gender dysphoria, you continue seeing a therapist to help you emotionally deal with the transition. It's a big deal to completely change how your friends, family and co-workers see you, so you will need some help processing that.

I know I'm wasting my time with you, but maybe there is someone reading this who will actually learn something

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's always the same old on these threads with a few individuals.

Your sources are bogus crap... blah blah blah.. conservative think tap crap.

Then they expect you to read their bais crap and do a complete turnabout on your viewpoints.

My views are based on logic as well as reality. It's not natural to carve your body up ,to be something your not. That is the lie being told to transgendered ... and I think many suffer postsurgical depression, which is sad indeed.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

MOST OF US
DO NOT GET SURGERY

MOST OF US DO NOT GET SURGERY

MOST
OF
US
DO
NOT
GET SURGERY