It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: FredT

If anything its society lack of acceptance and some of the attitudes/prejudice that has many regretting the choices made.

This is why I compared this to being a Christian for some... lots of people treat us as lesser humans, to be poked fun at, mocked... do people give a crap how we feel ? Nope.. Do we commit suicide because of it ? well maybe some that get extremely bullied.. I've heard of young Christian kids taking their lives because of extreme bullying from peers and even their parents.

Can you provide a citation for young Christians committing suicide for being harassed because of their faith? Christians make up 77% of Americans. Atheists are 6%and agnostic or irreligious are about 13%. Christians outnumber atheists by about 12.5:1 or more accurately, 25:2 whereas Transgendered are about .6% so approximately 250 Christians to every Transgendered person in America. The war of attrition vs. Christians compared to Transgendered isn't even comparable in terms of the sheer volume of abuse levied at one vs the other.

ETA This Study shows that religious people actually make up the largest percentage of bullies.
edit on 19-7-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlarm
I don't have a citation about the suicide , just heresay from someone who knew the family,

Are you so sure your stats are correct... where are they from ? 77 % of Americans Christian ? Even with all the other faiths ? I find that off for some reason .

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Annee

It depends on the teacher , and what they would try and teach young children.
Never give a 5 year old a suitcase that is too heavy to carry. I would prefer I teach my own children at age appropriate times.

LOL. I know some 5 year old boys would strut and try to carry an heavy suitcase just to show them!

Irrational fear.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Gallup poll- www.gallup.com...

Christian source- www.religioustolerance.org...

This has a breakdown of all the Christian denominations- en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Wikipedia articles show just under 71% identify as Christians but I'm not sure how recent that has been updates. I'll be happy to go with 71% though if you're more Comfortable with that number. It's still approximately a 23:2 ratio
edit on 19-7-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Annee

It depends on the teacher , and what they would try and teach young children.
Never give a 5 year old a suitcase that is too heavy to carry. I would prefer I teach my own children at age appropriate times.

LOL. I know some 5 year old boys would strut and try to carry an heavy suitcase just to show them!

Irrational fear.

That does seem to be that way with some people. It's natural to be afraid of something different or change. Sometimes we are afraid of unknowns.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Lol - I've been called quite a few choice words here on ATS by those on the right, and I've been called a libtard more times than I can count. So I'm not sure who this "they" is you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Gallup poll- www.gallup.com...

Christian source- www.religioustolerance.org...

This has a breakdown of all the Christian denominations- en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Wikipedia articles show just under 71% identify as Christians but I'm not sure how recent that has been updates. I'll be happy to go with 71% though if you're more Comfortable with that number. It's still approximately a 23:2 ratio

According to the Christian denomination breakdown it's more like 67% and declining every year.

I wish those few who weren't Christian could be a little more tolerant of us.. Some make a lot of noise about our ignorant religious beliefs and quite frankly it gets old.

But, we are prepared for worse as Christians. Some of you want our children because you claim child abuse for teaching fairy tales. Let you will applaud someone for the fairy tale of complete gender transition, which is impossible.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

We are tolerant of far right Christians until they try to pass laws based on the Bible and try to violate the First Amendment. We actually don't care what they believe.
I've shown you that the far right Christians DO abuse their children. I gave you an example (Jesus Camp).
We should focus more on that than less than 1 percent of the population.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If you feel the shoe doesn't fit, you don't have to wear it. Just stating my opinions.

Btw, you don't need to stoop to the level of those that insult you.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
the medical procedures are currently quite primitive for all but the most genetically predisposed, and even then, there's a rigorous and dangerous hormone routine that causes other problems, in addition to being unable to procreate. And that's for success stories like K-POP stars. For the bulk of the european, african, hispanic, and middle eastern populations, and absolutely for the hindi populations, the current procedures are mutilation, not operation.

Additionally, the later in life the surgery is performed, and the more public the transition, such as the idiotic real life test for people who still look like comedy skit cross dressers, the risk of physical abuse, public humiliation, unemployment, loss of friends and family, and potential attacks on life, lead to increased suicide risk, drug abuse, and costs that are so high many resort to prostitution.

All of these factors though, are not a consequence of the success of the surgery and therapy, but examples of how it fails the transsexual community. The transsexual is at extreme risk by pursuing social, psychological, or medical results, when all three are woefully ill equipped to solve the problem.

By means of virtual reality therapy, gene therapy, organ cloning and fabrication, it is theoretically possible in the next 15-25 years, that transsexuals will regret their transition far less than they do today. It will never be 100%, because some people will be mistaken in thinking they want to transition. We could call this the second stage.

When the third stage comes, the medical options will allow for a full recovery back to your original sex, in the event that the transition didn't work out. At that point, the risk for suicide through transition, and the regrets themselves will both reduce to near zero. Many people are satisfied with life changing decisions if they feel they can opt out at any time. The suicidal ideation comes from the dread of regret coupled with the despair of irreversible change.

Those aspects of depression are partially rooted in the current sterility/childless aspect of people who go through the procedures. Many can't have sex at the same level of interest they had before. Some are in over their heads, or had stereotypes rather than reality about the opposite sex.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You've shown us that some far right abuse their children, but have you delved into how the far left may actually be abusing their children. It happens... take a look at some of the faces of children dragged off to pride parades, as they see the naked gay men strutting their goods. They look horrified and disgusted.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

You've shown us that some far right abuse their children, but have you delved into how the far left may actually be abusing their children. It happens... take a look at some of the faces of children dragged off to pride parades, as they see the naked gay men strutting their goods. They look horrified and disgusted.

Of course there is always child abuse on both sides, especially the far left and the far right.
I can't imagine how the children who have parents who are members of the violent Antifa feel.
edit on 7/19/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: skynet2015
the medical procedures are currently quite primitive for all but the most genetically predisposed, and even then, there's a rigorous and dangerous hormone routine that causes other problems, in addition to being unable to procreate. And that's for success stories like K-POP stars. For the bulk of the european, african, hispanic, and middle eastern populations, and absolutely for the hindi populations, the current procedures are mutilation, not operation.

Additionally, the later in life the surgery is performed, and the more public the transition, such as the idiotic real life test for people who still look like comedy skit cross dressers, the risk of physical abuse, public humiliation, unemployment, loss of friends and family, and potential attacks on life, lead to increased suicide risk, drug abuse, and costs that are so high many resort to prostitution.

All of these factors though, are not a consequence of the success of the surgery and therapy, but examples of how it fails the transsexual community. The transsexual is at extreme risk by pursuing social, psychological, or medical results, when all three are woefully ill equipped to solve the problem.

By means of virtual reality therapy, gene therapy, organ cloning and fabrication, it is theoretically possible in the next 15-25 years, that transsexuals will regret their transition far less than they do today. It will never be 100%, because some people will be mistaken in thinking they want to transition. We could call this the second stage.

When the third stage comes, the medical options will allow for a full recovery back to your original sex, in the event that the transition didn't work out. At that point, the risk for suicide through transition, and the regrets themselves will both reduce to near zero. Many people are satisfied with life changing decisions if they feel they can opt out at any time. The suicidal ideation comes from the dread of regret coupled with the despair of irreversible change.

Those aspects of depression are partially rooted in the current sterility/childless aspect of people who go through the procedures. Many can't have sex at the same level of interest they had before. Some are in over their heads, or had stereotypes rather than reality about the opposite sex.

Excellent post !!! Wish I could give you 10 stars 🙂

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
jesus wept is this dumpster fire STILL burning?

recap of thread thus far for those who can't be bothered wading through an open sewer:

SHEYE: this random blog says all trans people are mutilated failures and they'll all kill themselves, they're so repulsive and their parents should have hit them harder when they were children

ACTUAL TRANS MEMBERS OF ATS: thanx for the 'concern' but actually we're doing fine, our lives are mostly pretty fantastic except for the number of people who insist we're mutilated failures

SHEYE: well obviously that person is lying

SHEYE: i'm just TOO CONCernED to listen to them about their own lives

SHEYE: they're full of demons anyway

ACTUAL TRANS MEMBERS OF ATS: lol

OTHER RANDOM RIGHT-WING POSTERS: telling someone you know more about your own life than they do is the definition of fascism
edit on 20-7-2017 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Oooh! I wanna play too!!!

recap of thread thus far for those who can't be bothered wading through an open sewer:

BO: Many transgenders regret their surgery and are hurting, depressed, even suicidal. That's very concerning.

ACTUAL TRANS MEMBERS OF ATS: thanx for the 'concern' but actually we're doing fine, and we don't give rat's patootie about any other trans who are hurting because -- hey! -- we got ours... tee hee hee.

BO: That's great for you... but I'm concerned about those that it doesn't work out for...

ACTUAL TRANS MEMBERS OF ATS: Bigot! Transphobe! Crazy Flying Spaghetti Monster believer!!!

OTHER RANDOM LEFT-WING POSTERS: telling someone you know more about other trans' lives and hearts and minds better than they do... so just STFU!

Wheee!!! Wasn't that just more fricking fun than a barrel of purple monkeys? OF COURSE NOT.

It was quite rude and insulting, ignored very real truths -- like the very real fact that very real people are hurting with no good options in sight -- and therefore served absolutely no practical, productive, or proactive purpose whatsoever.

But thanks for the heads up -- and the confirmation that someone(s) need to stand up for and speak out for these folks because too many "actual Trans members" sure as hell won't.... much less the providers making big bucks exploiting and extorting them.
edit on 20-7-2017 by Boadicea because: formatting -- whoops!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

...there's a rigorous and dangerous hormone routine that causes other problems, in addition to being unable to procreate.

This is so very true. In fact, I read not long ago that male-to-female transgenders on HRT are beginning to develop endometriosis. The article I read made a big deal about how endometriosis isn't just a "born female" disease... well, I guess not if a "born man" is going to take excess estrogen, then it makes sense that he would suffer the same adverse reaction from excess estrogen as "born women." By definition, "endometriosis" is outside the uterus, so no uterus is necessary.

I've been there and done that and bought the T-shirt. My daughter is currently suffering from it. Anyone who has suffered the absolute excruciating agony of endometriosis would not wish that on anyone!!!

ETA: Likewise, I read that female-to-male transgenders are starting to develop PCOS from the excess testosterone... I'm not as familiar with that condition though.
edit on 20-7-2017 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

oh please.
extorting? do you have any idea how much hormone therapy costs? the medical industry does a lot of messed up stuff but hey, believe it or not, trans care is [comparatively] cheap and straightforward.

how many trans people do you know and interact with on a daily basis?
how many have you even TALKED to?
yes, there are people who, for various reasons regret aspects of their transition. none of us have ever denied this or tried to cover it up. some do a thing expecting something huge and it turns out not to be the magical solve they hoped for - this is a state we call 'being human' and if you're gonna call trans people on it you can also call anyone who ever did anything in the history of the world.
for example
How many atheists do you reckon turned to god in a moment of desperation, but expected more than could be delivered and subsequently commited suicide? i bet i could dig up a story of it happening online, and going by the logic Sheye n co display that means the number of people who killed themselves over religion far outweighs those who found god and are happy, and any happy healthy christians in this thread are obviously lying and covering up the unspeakable truth.
i'm not even being snarky anymore, that's literally the logic on display.

and you know what? there *is* ongoing discussion in the trans community about detransition, and people can be pretty divided about it. it's a very personal subject that requires a lot of nuance and care in approaching and there is a lot at stake for a lot of people - as evidenced by threads like this that claim any individual who does detransition as proof that we all hate ourselves and will commit suicide.
but it is being talked about, by people who live this stuff every second of every day of their lives.

this thread is not nuanced in the slightest.
if anything, it has the same air of ghoulish glee that you get from onlookers at a major car crash, all leers and "i DO hope they're okay" and craning their necks to see more blood.
this thread does not come from a place of loving concern, no matter what OP alleges to the contrary.
if they cared, why is a post from a real trans person refuting the claims of the OP on the VERY FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD completely ignored in favour of posting more sourceless blog scarequotes? i got rude because every time i share my experience i get outright ignored or called a liar.
why continue being polite when none of you will address a word i say?
it really does not seem caring to say all trans people are repulsive, to continually say we mutilate our bodies or to claim we are full of demons or deny literally every experience of our lives saying you can pray the trans out of us.
and you say *i* am rude?

if you cared, you would at least listen to what we say.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Like people who opt to have chemo despite the horrible, sometimes permanent negative side affects, it's a decision between the individual and their doctors. Yes, some people might regret they had the chemo, but many more credit it with saving their lives. What business is it of ours either way? The vast majority of what I have read and personally witnessed by trans people themselves, is that they do not regret transitioning. Their only regrets are the way they have been treated by the people around them.

Life in general is a crap shoot and everyone has a right to live it their own way, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. And the "concerned" need to butt out and concentrate on their own lives.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth
a reply to: kaylaluv
a reply to: testingtesting

So fricking pathetic. For all your crying and whining about Christians (and others of faith), when you have two right here trying their damnedest to understand the issues and address them with compassion and empathy, this is where you go??? Mocking? Ridicule? Insults??? Just gonna throw all Christians under the same bus because it suits your purposes? Because all Christians are exactly the same??? Just like ALL transgenders are exactly the same. Yeah, right.

And by the way, it's not only rude and insulting to discuss others this way, it's against the T&Cs.

Then stop proving the point & stop talking the arrogant bigot talk. Walk the educated Christian walk instead.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Im so happy I like my natal sex , I couldnt imagine going through any of this stuff, must be confusing , hell puberty is confusing enough with your own natal sex

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join