It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

I will not reply to your rude posts any longer. Been called an ignorant biased Christian by you too many times.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
What is considered a "successful" (see happy and content) transition?

How do we know it was successful?

I wonder what the numbers are between those who committed suicide and those who died at a ripe old age.

Someone can be happy and content now, but what about 6 months, years, or decades from now?

That is a very good point. How long before we consider the "polls" and "surveys" legitimate after their transition? Like I said the unhappiness could be due to various reasons, not just the surgery itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The doctors are always happy.

They gain new knowledge, and get paid. Their reputations grow, and they get famous.

So, in one sense, every sex change operation is a success.

One step forward for man.

Brave are the souls that put their bodies up for that great experiment.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I will not reply to your rude posts any longer. Been called an ignorant biased Christian by you too many times.

Deflection once again.

You're playing the victim. I didn't even bring up your religion at all. You're playing victim, as always.

My posts aren't rude. I'm continually asking you questions in which you keep ignoring. You ignore ACTUAL evidence and legitimate questions and you expect to be coddled. It's not going to happen. Instead of rising to the occasion to try and learn or even attempt to find some actual evidence, you claim victim status by taking things personally and calling me rude. I could say you're rude for continually making assumptions about me and putting words in my mouth. But I don't.

Anytime people call you out on your nonsense you eventually play victim and proceed to proclaim how you are purposefully going to ignore them. That is the textbook definition of willful ignorance.
edit on 19-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I wonder what the numbers are between those who committed suicide and those who died at a ripe old age.

Someone can be happy and content now, but what about 6 months, years, or decades from now?

That is a very good point. How long before we consider the "polls" and "surveys" legitimate after their transition? Like I said the unhappiness could be due to various reasons, not just the surgery itself.

But then was the surgery even necessary, or the GD diagnosis ever correct? Could doctors now be over prescribing GD the way they did/do with children and adhd (obviously not to the same exact extent)?
edit on 19-7-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You're creating a strawman again instead of actually and directly addressing the meat and potatoes of my post wherein I educate you on the incorrections within your biased OP.

Indeed.

Unless and until you can prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that no transgender anywhere at any time has ever regretted gender reassignment surgery for any reason -- and we both know damn well that you can't -- you have not proven the OP incorrect.... Period. Furthermore, it demonstrates that you are at least as subjective in your own confirmation bias and will bully and browbeat the OP for daring to -- gasp! -- consider other possibilities, experiences and perspectives.

So while you sit on your gilded high horse, your very attitude and refusal to consider the very real pain and suffering of others who do not share your experience and/or confirmation bias is not only contributing to, but also prolonging, their suffering.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Deflection once again.

You're playing the victim. I didn't even bring up your religion at all. You're playing victim, as always.

My posts aren't rude. I'm continually asking you questions in which you keep ignoring. You ignore ACTUAL evidence and legitimate questions and you expect to be coddled. It's not going to happen. Instead of rising to the occasion to try and learn or even attempt to find some actual evidence, you claim victim status by taking things personally and calling me rude. I could say you're rude for continually making assumptions about me and putting words in my mouth. But I don't.

Anytime people call you out on your nonsense you eventually play victim and proceed to proclaim how you are purposefully going to ignore them. That is the textbook definition of willful ignorance.

I'm not the only one who has seen the rudeness and condescending attitude.

I've tried to answer your questions , but I get the comeback line of faith biased info.
As soon as God is mentioned in any sort of scientific study or research you label it bias or made up lies.

I'm not playing victim here .. I have my big girl pants on and have never made one report to a mod, though I could have.

I'm sorry my answers aren't good enough for you Reya , but quite honestly your theories aren't good enough for me as well... so be it.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You make a good point also.

Perhaps the best way we can look at these polls and surveys is as incomplete, and therefore inconclusive. It doesn't make them incorrect or wrong, but I don't think they can tell the whole story.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

But then was the surgery even necessary, or the GD diagnosis ever correct? Could doctors now be over prescribing GD the way they did/do with children and adhd (obviously not to the same exact extent)?

That is why the transgender adults are required to get counseling for a long time before the decision is made. The surgery is not done on a whim. And children with ADHD is completely different as the doctors can misdiagnose them and give the wrong medication, causing problems. They do not give any psychiatric meds to transgender children for gender dysphoria.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

You're creating a strawman again instead of actually and directly addressing the meat and potatoes of my post wherein I educate you on the incorrections within your biased OP.

Indeed.

Unless and until you can prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that no transgender anywhere at any time has ever regretted gender reassignment surgery for any reason -- and we both know damn well that you can't -- you have not proven the OP incorrect.... Period. Furthermore, it demonstrates that you are at least as subjective in your own confirmation bias and will bully and browbeat the OP for daring to -- gasp! -- consider other possibilities, experiences and perspectives.

So while you sit on your gilded high horse, your very attitude and refusal to consider the very real pain and suffering of others who do not share your experience and/or confirmation bias is not only contributing to, but also prolonging, their suffering.

I never said that the entire principle was incorrect. Had you been reading. I am citing the incorrection and bias found within OP's article. The evidence purported within the actual 2004 scientific report neither proved nor disproved the effectiveness of SRS. The article in OP misuses the information within the actual report and pushes their agenda that SRS is ineffective. They took a valid scientific report and misrepresented the data within to push their agenda. That is biased.

Did you actually read the report? The report, if anything, proves that (at least in 2004 when the study was completed) there are no conclusive or even remarkably good studies that involve this concept.

And I'm not coming from a 'guilded' high horse. Nice ad hom, there. I was never being insulting. I was merely debating with OP and asking questions which she continually and profusely ignores. She concocts problems out of nowhere and fabricates arguments, puts words into other posters' mouths and when she is called out on it, she plays victim and claims she is being bullied. And randomly she will bring her religion into it, which I didn't bring up at all.

And don't get confused with Op's 'concern for others'. When in other threads she claims these people are filled with demons and their depression and suicidal thoughts are "their own fault" and they need to "grow up". Her words. Her other words include describing trans people as being repulsive and icky.

So before you start making assumptions about myself, when all I'm doing is calling OP out on her unfounded nonsense, you would see that i'm not being biased. I'm arguing regarding what the ACTUAL report says, not what the article about the report says. You fail to lend yourself any true validity when you go about randomly saying others are smug out of nowhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Deflection once again.

I'm not the only one who has seen the rudeness and condescending attitude.

I've tried to answer your questions , but I get the comeback line of faith biased info.
As soon as God is mentioned in any sort of scientific study or research you label it bias or made up lies.

I'm not playing victim here .. I have my big girl pants on and have never made one report to a mod, though I could have.

I'm sorry my answers aren't good enough for you Reya , but quite honestly your theories aren't good enough for me as well... so be it.

It's not a comeback line. It's the truth, any third party, unbiased person would know that your sources are biased upon researching the publishers and those that wrote the article. Again, I myself wouldn't make a claim that Donald Trump is a lizard alien king and then cite my source as an article from DTrumpTheAlienLizrdKing.com. I mentioned this example before, because this is what confirmation bias is.

And no you did not answer my questions. The only question you remotely answered was when I asked for evidence, you quoted the article and when I rebutted that in the way of pointing out why that was incorrect to label as 'evidence' and furthermore, questioned whether or not you'd actually read the report, you didn't answer anything and you simply said I had insulted you (which I didn't), you randomly brought up your religion as a basis for this imaginary bullying and then you go out of your way to mention how you're going to ignore me now.

So, since you're still replying to my posts, I'll outright ask you again.

Did you read the ACTUAL 2004 scientific report that was misrepresented in your biased article in the OP?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That is why the transgender adults are required to get counseling for a long time before the decision is made. The surgery is not done on a whim. And children with ADHD is completely different as the doctors can misdiagnose them and give the wrong medication, causing problems. They do not give any psychiatric meds to transgender children for gender dysphoria.

Good post. Unfortunately, people continue to make blind assumptions regarding information they know very little to nothing about. All the while, they could easily do the research and see their opinions have been proven false. So many fail to realize that in order to even be considered for such surgery, like you said, they must undergo counseling and must be reviewed by an actual license in the field and must be psychologically cleared for the surgery.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Are these people outliers, as “transgender” activists would say? Not according to research. As The Guardian also wrote in 2004: There is no conclusive evidence that sex change operations improve the lives of transsexuals, with many people remaining severely distressed and even suicidal after the operation, according to a medical review conducted exclusively for Guardian Weekend tomorrow. The review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transsexuals by the University of Birmingham's aggressive research intelligence facility (Arif) found no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective. … Chris Hyde, the director of Arif, said: … "There's still a large number of people who have the surgery but remain traumatized — often to the point of committing suicide."

Nice way to deter to other threads.. where I was sort of fished into using the word icky, because another poster had used the word icky in response to my post.

As far as demon or spiritual oppression ? Who's to say the spiritual realms don't have a play into what happens in physical realms.

I always found it odd that Jesus cast out demons of some of the sick He cured. It makes me curious , and think perhaps we do have some sort of spiritual warfare going on with transgendered souls.

Anyhow.. all for now.. until you find something else to hammer on me about. And you lie.. you have attacked my Christianity on another thread ... but that matters little... I'm used to that ... been happening for years in RL as well, so no biggy.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
good lord what an ignorant post...it's a choice??????????????????????? the many stories are out there...parents terrified trying everything under the sun to get these children to match their physical sex. YEARS of therapy and still they PERSISTENTLY insist that they are the OTHER sex......THIS flies in the face of your lie.....

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Willtell
So someone is dead set on transitioning to a male or female. How are you going to stop them?

We don't want to "stop" anyone from doing what they want to themselves.

Once they are old enough, they have "freedom" to cut off their arms and legs and live like a "disabled" person, if they so choose.

They might want to see life from that point of view.

It might be a "research project" for someone, curious about how other people cope with being different etc..

But, we are not going to accept the "bull", that nature "made them want to transition" because they are really a different type of human from the rest of us.

It's just "a choice". And we respect people's choices. But, we will open our mouths and tell them what we think, so that they will have heard all the arguments for and against, before taking the plunge.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

But you understand my point. Maybe they do go through a long process but maybe its not long enough, at least for some.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Then why are some of these psychologically cleared patients having regrets ?

Why is their suicide rate 20 times higher than the rest.

And don't tell me it's because of non acceptance and depression, because that is playing the victim.
Don't these psychologists warn that this non acceptance is part of the package of transgendering, and they better toughen up a bit and not be so overly sensitive to criticism?

I won't feel pity for someone who is perfectly aware what transgendering entails, and if they get depressed , it's on them, not me.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Are these people outliers, as “transgender” activists would say? Not according to research. As The Guardian also wrote in 2004: There is no conclusive evidence that sex change operations improve the lives of transsexuals, with many people remaining severely distressed and even suicidal after the operation, according to a medical review conducted exclusively for Guardian Weekend tomorrow. The review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transsexuals by the University of Birmingham's aggressive research intelligence facility (Arif) found no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective. … Chris Hyde, the director of Arif, said: … "There's still a large number of people who have the surgery but remain traumatized — often to the point of committing suicide."

Nice way to deter to other threads.. where I was sort of fished into using the word icky, because another poster had used the word icky in response to my post.

As far as demon or spiritual oppression ? Who's to say the spiritual realms don't have a play into what happens in physical realms.

I always found it odd that Jesus cast out demons of some of the sick He cured. It makes me curious , and think perhaps we do have some sort of spiritual warfare going on with transgendered souls.

Anyhow.. all for now.. until you find something else to hammer on me about. And you lie.. you have attacked my Christianity on another thread ... but that matters little... I'm used to that ... been happening for years in RL as well, so no biggy.

Why do you keep ignoring my question? Did you read the ACTUAL 2004 scientific report? Even if you are quoting an article in your above post, it says that yes, there is no proof that SRS is neither effective nor ineffective. The article in your OP misrepresents the overall data to make it seem as though it is ineffective. Therefore, the point of the ACTUAL report's findings were misrepresented. But your cognitive dissonance is rearing its head when one moment you are speaking out against SRS and now suddenly you're posting a quote from an article regarding a separate 2004 study, which you will not answer as to whether you read the actual report or not, and are quoting in a way that actually cancels out your very argument by saying in its inconclusiveness.

But you continually ignore my question. You make it clear that you read your article that you posted....

But did you read the ACTUAL 2004 study? And I never 'attacked' your Christianity. I've mentioned how you cannot use religion as a basis for evidence within a scientific study as there is no evidence to support your Christianity, but I never once attacked. Just like how I never once attacked you in this thread. I simply pointed out the actual unbiased evidence but you took it personally, played the victim and made it out as though I was bullying you, which was blatantly not the case. And when it comes to other threads, it was obvious that you were playing victim then as well much in the same way you are within this thread. In this thread I didn't bring up your religion AT ALL. You brought it up. And in the other threads, when I merely provided actual scientific evidence that was contrary to the religious statements that were made, you played poor persecuted Christian and claimed myself and other posters were attacking your religion.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

But you understand my point. Maybe they do go through a long process but maybe its not long enough, at least for some.

I understand your point. They have already been through since birth. For some, the distress can only be relieved by surgery. Wouldn't that make them more happy because the surgery would make them feel more like their gender? Most transgender people changed their mind on surgery or don't want one anyway. They are content with making themselves appear more like their gender and receive hormone therapy.
I can't recall but I think 2 years of counseling is required before surgery. That is a very long time.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Then why are some of these psychologically cleared patients having regrets ?

Why is their suicide rate 20 times higher than the rest.

And don't tell me it's because of non acceptance and depression, because that is playing the victim.
Don't these psychologists warn that this non acceptance is part of the package of transgendering, and they better toughen up a bit and not be so overly sensitive to criticism?

I won't feel pity for someone who is perfectly aware what transgendering entails, and if they get depressed , it's on them, not me.

Lmao. Just because you tell someone to not tell you it's because its 'nonacceptance' doesn't make it not true. In ANOTHER thread ANOTHER actual scientific report was posted wherein it displayed the correlation between stigmatization and 'nonacceptance' within society and depression and suicide rates within the trans community. But, just like in this thread, you failed to read the ACTUAL study in that other thread. You purposefully keep ignoring the ACTUAL research. Why? Is it possibly because it runs contrary to your opinions?

And no, it's not playing victim. Playing the victim entails creating a false premise by which you are upset about something and placing imaginary blame for the said imaginary problem. The actual stigmatization and struggles that members of the trans community go through because of the intolerance and 'unacceptance' of those around them in society, which in turn leads to higher depression rates and suicide rates...THAT is not playing victim. Their depression and suicidal tendencies are the result of an actual problem. It's different. You're making up problems where there are none and are saying that people are bullying you when they are not. THAT is playing the victim.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

When one or more posters state there is ZERO evidence of Jesus existing .. and no scientific proof He existed , I call that attacking my religion.

Science can't proove Jesus was God, though we have ancient script telling us of events... yet science can proove that a child can be born in the wrong gender 🙄

Seems like scienctists ( some) are trying to play God again.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join