It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. McConnell and President Trump Now Want ObamaCare REPEALED ASAP - REPLACED LATER.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

Repeal.

Dear god, get government away from healthcare!

riiiight....because before 2009, the healthcare corporations did such a fine job for all of us.....haven't you heard about all the families that had to sell their possessions and even their houses to afford critical care that was needed for a family member?....our government is a representative government for all people, and why that was set up in the first place was to combat control over our lives by the wealthy, and at that time royals of Britain. that's the whole reason why representative governments took hold, to combat the ravages of the wealthy towards the citizens of said country.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

People like yourself who think government actually serves the people, is not partisan, is not corrupt, spends our tax dollars wisely. . . . will always want government to take care them.

I get that.

I really understand that.

I see government as a partisan, corrupt spend machine that doesn't care about the people.

Therefore I would not want our government in charge of my healthcare needs.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Go back 11 posts from your diatribe hit link,

You'll see that there are and have been laws,

Trick is getting someone to utilize them.

Phoenix

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

If government is so great and on the peoples side then why no action to apply 100 year existing anti-trust laws and drop costs by up to 80%

80% !!!!!

Answer,

They really like the revenue side from PPACA and don't want to give it up.

They are bought and paid for by very industry you claim they protect us from to tune of nearly a billion dollars. Probably more if we count State and local governments.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
32 Million More Would Be Uninsured Under The Latest Senate Health Care Bill

Thirty-two million fewer people would have health coverage, health insurance premiums would double and the insurance market would destabilize over the next 10 years under legislation the Senate may take up next week, according to a report the Congressional Budget Office published Wednesday.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The GOP plan can be analogized to when quack doctors use to bleed people as a healing method.

They want to fix something by breaking it some more.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

If government is so great and on the peoples side then why no action to apply 100 year existing anti-trust laws and drop costs by up to 80%

80% !!!!!

Answer,

They really like the revenue side from PPACA and don't want to give it up.

They are bought and paid for by very industry you claim they protect us from to tune of nearly a billion dollars. Probably more if we count State and local governments.

I agree that heath care is WAY out of line with the benefit it provides.

But just like instantly introducing free, clean energy on the world, what you're suggesting here would destabilize an already fragile economy past the point of no return. Instead you release it slow, at a rate the market can absorb.
edit on 19-7-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So no one died under Obamacare?

this emotional bullsnip is what got us into this mess to begin with.

And I said it still needs to be fixed. But one of the primary reasons that Obama got elected was the cornerstone of healthcare reform. That was a popular thing Hillary tackled as first lady. Not saying they did it right but it shows that American's know and have known for decades that our Healthcare system is broken and that Health Insurance and Pharmaceutical companies make Billions of Dollars each year while we still die and go banktrupt and go without healthcare procedures that we should have access to.
edit on 20-7-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Go back 11 posts from your diatribe hit link,

You'll see that there are and have been laws,

Trick is getting someone to utilize them.

Phoenix

What we have on the books is not enough and hasn't been for a long time. People still die, go without procedures and go banktrupt or in debt. Not lazy people but people like me, who have worked for decades, who have paid taxes for decades, who have paid insurance premiums for decades.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
We control the House, Senate & POTUS there is no GOOD reason we can't get a proper bill passed. The real problem is these cowards don't have what it takes to stand up the insurance companies and HMO's who are the real villains in this tragic farce.

none of them want to kick the cash cow (Big Pharma) in the tittie. Milk might not taste as sweet.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It really can't get more F'd up than it is. I'd replace it, just on the "fact" of who, and the ideals/ideology of who put it in place. (Not that it is a real "law") because it's not! It is a "Colour of Law". But if they can do anything now, and then more latter? It needs undone.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That (and all other) CBO reports falsely assume that all health insurance plans will still be ObamaCare-compliant..In other words, ungodly expensive. They don't include (or can't comprehend) that "free market" health insurance costs 50% - 80% LESS than Obamacare plans.

The CBO also falsely assumes that over 40 million people will have signed up for ObamaCare by 2026. That's how they come up with 17 million losing it in 2018, and 32 million losing coverage by 2026. (Only 18 million are enrolled as of 7.1.2017!)

As I entitled another thread, The CBO is in over it's head with Health Insurance estimates. They need to stick with estimating costs of construction projects, aircraft carriers, etc..

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They can try, but if it fails and they blame Trump then Trump can say I told you so, we need to repeal it fully. It too expensive and the insurance companies are all pulling out because the only people signing up are the sick. So the only way they will stay is if the Government bails them out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join