It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we experiencing a tribulation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh I know, you jumped in this thread topic expecting to debunk Christian mythology and the book of Revelation by John. Well, that sucks for you because this isn't the topic of conversation and now allow me to demonstrate to you the definition of tribulation.

Google

trib·u·la·tion
ˌtribyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
a cause of great trouble or suffering.

Now that you have gotten over your knee jerk reaction to a thread title allow me to explain where I am going with this thread.

In todays world it seems as if we are experiencing massive growing pains in the areas of culture economically and politically. The ways of the past are no longer serving us. The left vs right paradigm is the macrocosm of this issue playing itself out in our political world.

On the left you have a massive swing to emotional of heart thinking and on the right you have a massive swing to the cerebral or intellectual thinking. Right now society is trying to balance itself out through the extremes of these ideologies due to the fact that we have veered to far off course.

We are now in a place where our collective unconscious is working hard to bring us back to the place of balance between the heart and mind or the intellectual and emotional.

“The most powerful creative state to bring your desires into reality is by bring the conscious and subconscious into unison then keeping your heart and mind in perfect sync.” ― Steven Redhead

edit on 17-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Tribulation

Noun
a state of great trouble or suffering.

So , yes
But , "This too shall pass"
Def from Google

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I still believe that the Georgie Guide stones were a warning. Who would spend that amount of money for a joke? And now I just saw this so called Globalist Pope talking about the Catholic Church folding? Keep in mind the GGS talk about a NEW religion that focuses on the environment? Who better than the current Anti Christ of the Catholic Church to lead in whatever the hell this new religion will be?

I don't really think you are too far off.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Mohammed is the biggest threat to civilization ATM not the Catholic church.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The ways of the past are no longer serving us. The left vs right paradigm is the macrocosm of this issue playing itself out in our political world.

Nope we're not experiencing anything like a tribulation in our part of the world. So when you say "we" you mean the US?
LOL...move to a non-tribulated part of the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

My historical understanding is that for thousands and thousands of years, people lived withing their tribes and nations. These tribes and nations all had their own memetic system, belief systems, religious views etc. Most of those people in the past had only the thinking systems of their own people to guide them from birth until death. With few exceptions all people had only one course of living life, the culture of their respective tribes. There was little to no ability to choose what to believe. It was believe or be ostracized, follow the ways of the tribe or else.

Looking at us now for the last hundred years, more exemplary, the last few decades has seen a complete explosion of culture mixes and along with that all the different things a person has the choice of beliving believing. The cultural strength of having only one memetic system for the people to exist within has weakened to a huge degree. One neighbor can believe in Jehovah while across the street can be people who worship Satan with a family of athiests across the fence.

To me it is the clash of these memetic systems, these belief systems that has us all aflutter. I am one who hopes that we as all people can find a blend of all of this to help us move on from here. Meanwhile there are those who think that the only way to go is to find the only correct truth from the past, stick to it and jam it down everyone elses throats .

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Great point!

Your perspective as I see it confirms my original assertion that we are experiencing a great balancing act.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

On the left you have a massive swing to emotional of heart thinking and on the right you have a massive swing to the cerebral or intellectual thinking. Right now society is trying to balance itself out through the extremes of these ideologies due to the fact that we have veered to far off course.

I think many on the right are emotional heart thinkers.. just as many on the left see themselves as being intellectually superior. It is the egotistical self proclaimed intellectual that has veered too far off course... and is propelling this world into disaster.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

My hair is thinning!

It's the END of the WORLD!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

seems as if they are thinking one thing but existing as another

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Futurists have for decades now considered that the way forward for our species is like an hour glass. That the sands must pass through a restricted period before opening up into a broader future. Others call it the bottle neck. I think Carl Sagan referenced it this way, as a bottle neck. That the flow of history goes from the relative calm of the bottle through the turbulence of the throat before it can fill up the glass of the future. I find no reason to disagree with this understanding. Except that we may not reach the glass if to many people insist on not pouring it out of the bottle at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Amazing reference have to look that one up thanks.

I see it as a birthing experience... maybe you can make it analogous to the part of the hour glass where the sand passes through the womb??

Get what I'm saying??
edit on 17-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Spent a week in Perth once, lovely place with lovely people. Couldn't get used to the driving. Saw some kangaroos in the wild, a pretty sight.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: seeker1963

Mohammed is the biggest threat to civilization ATM not the Catholic church.

They are both tied together to be honest with you. Our problem is we are forbidden to talk about who is pulling the strings.

Remember Voltaire and his saying? "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise"
edit on 17-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Trump seems to be experiencing a tribulation

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The trouble is brewing but no one will do anything until the sky is falling.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
The trouble is brewing but no one will do anything until the sky is falling.

i actually think its the opposite. lots of people are doing what they think needs to be done or there would be no culture clash.

i think it will rebalance, but i think it gets more chaotic first..

edit on 17-7-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Too little too late in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
"It's always sumthin." Rosannannadanna SNL circa 1970s

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Trump seems to be experiencing a tribulation

No, you are experiencing a self-induced tribulation because Trump is not