It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I personally do not believe anyone should hold a position of any kind of "authority", unless they are "native" born. Period! Just like the President. A family, just like a person/individual needs to prove their loyalty. This joker needs to be hung. I'm surprised his partner didn't "arrest" him. Or shoot him and save the "tax dollars" of a trial.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

What...this is quite possibly one of the most ignorant comments I have heard, he is an American Citizen who decided to take a job to help protect and defend not only the constitution of the US but also the law abiding citizens of the US. Now he has failed in one of his task by possibly wrongly taking the life of a citizen. Nothing up until now shows he has been a "bad" cop. I do think he will be indicted and prosecuted for his actions here and will pay the price for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550
"Ignorant" it may sound to you. But you "heard" it. That's all that counts. What you perceive as ignorant has no bearing on anything really.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Chill out!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
There will be no name calling, no calls for violence, no hateful/bigoted remarks.....and no bickering.
Terms and Conditions
The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Tue Jul 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

“We can’t imagine the pain and suffering the victim’s family is going through and our hearts go out to them,” he said, adding that some reporters have been staking out their homes and knocking on their doors.

“This is scaring our families. It’s difficult to deal with some media groups going to other Somali officers’ houses who are not involved in this shooting. It makes it hard to do this job when you’re worried about your family.”
Source

What is this? Was the shooter a plant (along with a bunch of others)? Like a political refugee illegal immigrant settlement thingy?

Is this why the silence is deafening?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

What...this is quite possibly one of the most ignorant comments I have heard, he is an American Citizen who decided to take a job to help protect and defend not only the constitution of the US but also the law abiding citizens of the US. Now he has failed in one of his task by possibly wrongly taking the life of a citizen. Nothing up until now shows he has been a "bad" cop. I do think he will be indicted and prosecuted for his actions here and will pay the price for it.

Just like any citizen, if he made a mistake he should face the consequences, police or not. Polie have a hard job, but if they are not trained well enough to handle difficult situations, they should not be in the field lest lives be risked. Theirs or others.
edit on 18-7-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: dreamingawake
She had called the police/dispatch reporting a rape in her area. She was talking to the other officer in the car while shot. The officer not only shot at her buy endangered the other officer while doing it. No excuses, as mentioned the silence is to try to stall this off.

We don't have the complete story.

It's hard to think that she was just standing there, calmly giving details to the one officer, while the other officer goes off his rocker and fires his gun at her.

No matter how crazy we think the cops are, they still need a "trigger" to go nuts.

What is it that she did, to make the officer respond with lethal force?

Does anybody know this?

News is saying he can't be made to make statement on the situation.

Noor was already in a lawsuit for an excessive force complaint.

Without more info, sounds like he will have another complaint of excessive force meant in murder.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Not so sure about they are meaning he is a plant, rather than media group people are directing their anger towards other officers on the force, maybe thinking that is his residence.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

He has three offenses against him, one closed by the courts. One was brought up lately the was being sued for with "excessive force" right before he shot Damond. There's definitely something wrong with how he is acting.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't see this officer receiving any consequence beyond maybe some form of punishment for not activating his body cam.

As they reached West 51st Street, Officer Harrity, according to the BCA, "indicated that he was startled by a loud sound near the squad." Immediately afterward, Damond approached the driver’s side window of the squad.

"I feared for my life" is strong defense for officers. And if they're claiming there was a loud sound immediately before the victim approached the drivers side window than I don't see how that defense wouldn't work again. They will claim they believed they were being ambushed and had no other option than to neutralize the perceived threat, which in this instance would be the individual approaching their car, in the dark, right after a loud sound is heard outside their squad car. And while they will admit that it is irregular for an officer to reach over another officer in such a manner to fire their weapon, it will be determined that no policies were violated.

Though I don't like it, this is how I see this case unfolding. There is plenty of precedent for the "I feared for my life" defense and the details in this case are murky enough to allow for it's use once again.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

From what earlier sources were saying she was talking to Harrity while she was shot. She wasn't the victim, she called them reporting a rape in the area. It seems like they knew she wasn't the threat in question

I do agree with you, they will probably claim they were in fear, but will have some earlier details to counter for that claim.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: dreamingawake
She had called the police/dispatch reporting a rape in her area. She was talking to the other officer in the car while shot. The officer not only shot at her buy endangered the other officer while doing it. No excuses, as mentioned the silence is to try to stall this off.

We don't have the complete story.

It's hard to think that she was just standing there, calmly giving details to the one officer, while the other officer goes off his rocker and fires his gun at her.

No matter how crazy we think the cops are, they still need a "trigger" to go nuts.

What is it that she did, to make the officer respond with lethal force?

Does anybody know this?

I wonder if he saw movement behind her and was just startled enough to accidentally trigger a shot. It really could be as simple as cops talking to witness, sudden movement behind witness, cop raises weapon & accidentally fires weapon.

I really don't think this was malicious this time, I think it was an instinctual defensive reaction overriding training & it bit him in the ass horribly.

Yes, those Australian ladies in their pyjamas are a threat to us all. Whatever would we do without these people on our streets to keep us safe, apparently from them.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The truth is staring all of you in the face and all you Americans with your ridiclous gun laws are blind to it.
You live in a society where police fear everyone is holding a gun from white middle aged woman to young African American men.
This is not to defend the officer here or any officers but as an outsider looking in it is some what understandable as to why many of your police resort to "shoot first ask questions later". You can protest demonstrate all you like but until you drop your ridiculous notions of taking every one of your amendments, ammendments made in a point of time and history where they were necessary so literally in a modern world this incidents will never stop.
You guys need to take a step back and realise how draconian your gun laws are and what they are doing to your society

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Earlier information may have been speculative based on what was known before the BCA conducted their interview with officer Harrity. And I was referring to her as being the victim of the police. My apologies for any confusion.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: disconnected8

They should be afraid, now. The police are clearly our enemy.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

They should be afraid, now. The police are clearly our enemy.

Can't you see that it's just a vicious circle. Police are your enemy and likewise you are theirs. Take the guns away from both sides it's as simple as that. The police in many countries are seen as enemies but because they break up parties not because they shoot dead civillians thats reserved for banana republics

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well, since we pay for them, they can be first to submit. They belong to us, we can choose to remove them. Don't support this, you will not win. This is a step too far now.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

I am not supporting them but you continue living in cloud cuckoo where guns are the solution not the problem.
You guys will never learn and this will continue on and on. Heck a guy shoots up a school and your answer is to put more guns into people's hands. Meanwhile the rest of the world looks on in utter disbelief. Unbelievable

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

If they keep shooting citizens then guns will be the solutions and they will have provoked an all out war in which their position in society becomes completely irrelevant.

I think they should consider themselves on notice.

edit on 19-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: because

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join