It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is love Racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Another channel four documentary by some uptight, black media type who wants to beat her "racist" stick on the heads of nasty white people while she trousers a fat cheque off a tv company.

The premise of the show is that people have a "type" and this frequently means pale skin (It's a UK show, so the majority of the people are white of varying shades obviously).

Anyway, the long and the short of it, is, despite certain Asian groups routinely killing their kids for having relationships with people outside their imported culture, white folks are the actual devil for finding other white people more attractive than, say, the horse faced whiner who narrates this programme.

I despair, really I do. Is love homophobic because you don't fancy someone of your own sex?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Simple answer?

No. No it's not. The heart wants what the heart wants.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Simple answer?

No. No it's not. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Love is blind and naive

Close...

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The word "racist" has lost all meaning. Certain people use it as an excuse to bully and demean anyone who doesn't think like them.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Loved the straight up hard form of writing.

Is love racist? I imagine when there was a taboo to having a relationship with a person of another race-perhaps.

Now it is pretty much a normal thing to see different skin colors in relationships.

Seems like a non-story.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Naive? I suppose it could be construed to be that...is it the emotion that's naive, or the person feeling the emotion?

I've loved, and lost but that's another story, and I don't consider myself to be naive.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's bowing to pressure of an outside taboo, not love itself.

To decide whether it's "rascist" or not, one has to understand what love is... When it's defined differently by anyone and everyone, how can it be defined as definitively as this person wants to do?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I despair, really I do. Is love homophobic because you don't fancy someone of your own sex?

That sentiment will eventually become a thing, mark my words.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

After we broke up and I took to Tinder for the first time, my inbox was suddenly brimming with messages from men fetishising me for my race. Telling me they’d never slept with a black woman before, and would I like to give it a go?
-OP
She may slightly have a point there, but racist doesn't seem like the right term.

Is curiosity racist?

I have the rarest hair color on the planet, to some daters that made me a unicorn of curiosity despite race. With comments such as "I've never dated nor usually would date a Redhead before but you peaked by interest".

Now when there's comments like the following "I don't date redheads because they are all bat# crazy!" Insert Black, Asian, Etc., is it then racist? Or just a preference, often based on stereotypes?
edit on 17-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: removed isn't*

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That sentiment will eventually become a thing, mark my words.

You are 7 months late. It is already happening. BTW, Blaire the one doing the video is Trans.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Hate is always showing itself. When blame is placed on someone else, it makes it easier to live with one's own failures. Does that mean that racism does not exist? Surely not.

I agree with Ben Shapiro on some topics.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You know, in cases like that, I'll wear the scarlet letter of whatever slur (racist, bigot, hater, whatever) they want to slap me with and not worry that much over it. I am whatever they say I am. We need to strip those ridiculous accusations of all their power and the only way to do that is to accept them with indifference and 'meh' attitudes.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

To be fair that is one extreme of the side's opine. I don't believe many trans people advocate nor think like that.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Is love Racist?

No.

Love is, well, I wish I knew, because I do know it is hard to define, it eats you, it tears you down, and it builds you up to something better. Some people aren't attracted to black folks, some aren't to white folks, etc, and I'm not attracted to ugly fat chicks. Does that make me uglyfatchickist?

Love is not racist; hate is racist.

Love comes when you least expect it, and there is nothing you can do.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

To be fair that is one extreme of the side's opine. I don't believe many trans people advocate nor think like that.

I didn't say they all did. I was just making a point as to how ridiculous some of this nonsense is getting! Has it come to a point we always must preface our comment with "Not all...." or can we be adult enough to not take it as every one who belongs to that group?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The only way Love could be racist is if you fall in love with one of another race and don't follow through due to racial stereotyping. The irony is...the racist will be the one to suffer the loss of love.

Homeophobia...falls in the same line...fall in love...yet...are too homophobic to be yourself.

They are the ones to lose out on love...so I fail to see where one can complain about this individual.

Of course there are some extreme racists and homophobes in this world...they are a minority. Plus, they have more hate than love, so doubt they would fall into a 'love racist' category.

Edit add: cultures can clash...one must truly love someone who truly loves them...to find common ground. It can be done...but love has to be a 2 way street.

edit on 7 17 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 17 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That's dating. Not necessarily love.

Lust, or any of the myriad of emotions that go along with it. That isn't love. Love won't give a flyin' whatever about hair color, religious affiliations, or any number of things...up to and including sex.

Love don't give a damn.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've personally never been attracted to black women. Oh well if that makes me racist. Everything white people say and do is apparently racist now days anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: dreamingawake

I didn't say they all did. I was just making a point as to how ridiculous some of this nonsense is getting! Has it come to a point we always must preface our comment with "Not all...." or can we be adult enough to not take it as every one who belongs to that group?

Huh, okay, I didn't think pointing out what I think and the extreme of one side's opine would mean that you are alluding to "everyone" in the group.
It is ridiculous but I am also tired of seeing people go off the rails about one ridiculous comment.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Yup. Love is sexist, since you either love the opposite sex (straight), or you love your own sex (gay).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join