It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Americans Want The Russia Investigations Terminated NOW.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I would also like all the ATS threads about the Russia investigations to be terminated now, as well. Just fyi, nothing personal.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No, just no!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: YouSir

I do have a record of statements here...

Play it backwards to get the hidden message.

Good for sorcery as well, I reckon. That's something!

Ummm...Precisely...especially when it's in repetitive loop mode...

See...I can take a ribbing and choose humor...

However...no snare...quite ensnares the ensnared...as the ensnared...
Or...nothing ensorcel's the ensorscel'd quite like the ensorcel'd ensorcel's...self...

It really is a question on whether ones nature is to be led...or not...

Some choose not...and some choose...not...while others choose naught...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Define leadership in the Brave New Oligarchy.

I'm listening.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You shut the Hell up and eat your nothing burger ... or go to bed without dinner.

Trump's already said he's not going to jail Hillary and if Nothing Burgers aren't the only choice on the menu, the sheople might wake-up and start demanding the female heads of Obozo's fiascos.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

When people in power can shutdown investigations into themselves, then they have absolute, unchallenged power. Do you want Trump to be a dictator?

The Daily Caller piece is cherry picking deliberately glossing over a lot of context on this month old pre-DTJ confession survey.

Go straight to the source.

Poll: Voters grow weary of Russia probes

Fifty-eight percent say they’re concerned by allegations of obstruction of justice against Trump, with the same number worried about possible dealings between Trump and the Russian government.

Sixty-eight percent believe Comey’s claims that the president asked him to bury an investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Trump has disputed Comey’s testimony.

I could have taken this same poll and said, "A majority of Americans believe the President should be impeached or censured" using the following:

Forty-five percent said the investigations into Trump’s actions should end with no action, 41 percent said they should end in impeachment and 14 percent said Trump should be censured by Congress.

I'm shocked that 41% were saying that Trump should be impeached a month ago. And to quote you:

(This is from June 2017. The percentage is undoubtedly even higher now.)

Imagine how that looks with the latest scandal. If historically low approval ratings are any indication, it could be 50%+ who now say he should be impeached. I'm curious what your response would be to that? I'm certain you wouldn't agree nor will you find much reason to post it.

I actually don't think he's impeachable at this point either (and maybe not at all even after the investigation has concluded) and I have to agree to an extent in that I'm confident in Mueller (as were 75% of respondents) and I do believe that Congress and the media should free up some attention for other things while his team investigates — though something like this most recently revealed meeting is undoubtedly going to get extensive coverage.

That's really the takeaway imo. Not that people believe Trump, approve of the job he is doing or aren't concerned with Russian meddling in our election — that as of a month ago, a majority polled believed that Congress has its own job to do and that the media should dedicate more time to covering other things while Mueller and team investigate.

Let's not kid ourselves here.

If the data for the next survey is being conducted right now, it's going to look a lot different now that the world knows that not just DTJ but Manafort and Kushner were all more than willing to talk to foreign agents about getting assistance from an adversarial government.

Legal or not, it doesn't sit well with a majority of people.
edit on 2017-7-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Is it really that crazy to believe people would actually care about things that affect them? Like the economy, immigration, health care, taxes etc. The Russian distraction is mostly just a beltway tizzy that the average person couldn't care less about. But hey, if we can spend years bogging the government down in Russia, while the country goes to crap, liberals will have won.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Define leadership in the Brave New Oligarchy.

I'm listening.

Ummm...I would say that leadership in an oligarchy...is defined by action and not by reaction...

I had a project when I was in digital design class...the project was to design a campaign around a corporation...
I chose to set my corporation as a fictitious future Corporation whose mission statement was to extract raw materials from asteroid and cometary bodies...through the use of telepresenced robotic drone ships, smelters, tugs etc...Mankind partnered with...not replaced by automation...

The statement further read that it was the express purpose of the corporation to uplift all of it's employees that all profit equally and further to share the great wealth such endeavors will eventually bring with all humanity...

In this Sci-Fi scenario...all product manufacture was done in space...there was no more polluting the Garden that the home world...Earth...had become...

In short...what leadership in an oligarchy means to me is to elevate...to uplift...to enable...to ensure that...ALL...share equally in bounty...

Yes...I'm fully aware how much of a pipe dream such a future is when compared against the backdrop of conversations such as this thread...

If I have tried...anything...during my sojourn here on ATS...it's been to try to get people to see beyond the shortsightedness of their narrowed perspectives...Quite frankly good sir...these perspectives are narrowed by the end users...and no amount of pulling or cajolery will ever move a rock that chooses to remain stone...

None of you know me...Yet I've given you all the clues to honestly gauge the person with the pulse...behind the YouSir mask...

There are some here I would name...and have...friend...
I have many times extended a hand...an altruistic and honest hand...some of you listened...some of you know what resides at my core...

It's all recorded here...I didn't lie...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Polls are garbage, period.

I think all investigations should continue myself however it shouldn't be reported in the MSM every waking second of the day. MSM is obviously attempting at setting the narrative of guilty and I personally don't feel there is enough for even a change no less guilty. That's just My personal opinion. However a concluded investigation should prove or disprove that.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Is it really that crazy to believe people would actually care about things that affect them? Like the economy, immigration, health care, taxes etc. The Russian distraction is mostly just a beltway tizzy that the average person couldn't care less about. But hey, if we can spend years bogging the government down in Russia, while the country goes to crap, liberals will have won.

None of y'all cared about any of that stuff, Obama was a muslim, Benghazi, and email servers were all that were important. YOUR side has had 7 years to come up with a plan to replace Obamacare, you have given us bubkis.

I am a veteran and remember the cold war, your side really needs to stop whining, and realize the asshat that you elected president is not worthy of filling that esteemed office.

ETA: 7 years to come up with a replacement for Obama care, and the two plans before us are crap. Tells me where the Republican mindset lies, they don't give a crap about the middle class, just make their rich friends richer. Asshats extrodinaire, every f'n one of them.

I voted for Reagan and Bush 1, I will most likely never vote for a f'n republican again in my life.
edit on 7/17/2017 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

Fake news.

Since you didn't like the article I started this thread with, here's another.
thehill.com...

TIP: It's exactly the same because Harvard-Harris poll is the source. Not Daily Caller. Not The Hill.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: angeldoll

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in weeks.

The good news is coming in hot and heavy from you this week AngelDoll. Wow.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. I would just like it if you stopped being so gullible. You seem to believe every piece of tripe you read, and I wish you would try to be a little more discerning.

For example, where was Barack Obama born? eh? ( I rest my case.)

That's OK if you don't understand, AngelDoll. Everyone has different abilities.

For instance, I can't tell you where Barack Obama was born, because I wasn't there. So I'm not going to fake it, and try to parrot something I read in a publication, or on a forum.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is what frustrates me, there are people in this thread that I consider to be fairly intelligent posters.

The refuse to admit they made a mistake while pulling the lever for the man child we now have in office.

I agree there are things broken in this country, but compromise is the only way to fix them.

Your man child, that you continue to vehemently defend, believes that compromise is a bad word.

Well done steak with ketchup, something a 4 YO eats.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
More people are interested in watching cartoons than CNN's Russian witch hunt.

Don't need polls to see that. Of course Americans are tiring of the fake news and witch hunt. Only people still obsessed with that are those who've been triggered since Nov and can't handle reality.
edit on 17-7-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Most Republicans aren't "my side", if they were I would have voted for Rubio or Bush, and let the Establishment have free reign. And why do we need a replacement for Obamacare? Obama and democrats gave it to us, so it must be good. It's not like democrats help the middle class either, under Obama the rich got insanely rich, the middle class shrank, the poor remained poor, double the amount of people were put onto food stamps, and the country became more polarized than it has in decades. If we're being unbiased, you have to see the negatives of both sides, and both sides have a lot of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Most Republicans aren't "my side", if they were I would have voted for Rubio or Bush, and let the Establishment have free reign. And why do we need a replacement for Obamacare? Obama and democrats gave it to us, so it must be good. It's not like democrats help the middle class either, under Obama the rich got insanely rich, the middle class shrank, the poor remained poor, double the amount of people were put onto food stamps, and the country became more polarized than it has in decades. If we're being unbiased, you have to see the negatives of both sides, and both sides have a lot of them.

Obamacare has some good pieces, my choice was Kaisich. I do see the negatives on both sides, which is why I remain fiercely independent. Obama came into a bad spot, and did a lot of things that I didn't agree with, kept us from going farther down the drain. The economy in 07 -08 personally took a big toll on me and mine. Trump is not the man to lead this country, I am no Pence fan, but I think he understands politics and doesn't tweet. The Donald needs to be sent back to reality TV.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
More people are interested in watching cartoons than CNN's Russian witch hunt.

Don't need polls to see that. Of course Americans are tiring of the fake news and witch hunt. Only people still obsessed with that are those who've been triggered since Nov and can't handle reality.

Just because it does not confirm your bias, does not mean it is fake news. Definitely not triggered, but tired of dickweeds that use those words, and really doesn't add anything to the discussion. You were not one of the intelligent posters that I was referring to.
edit on 7/17/2017 by BubbaJoe because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I think an investigation should be held.

If Trump is guilty, fry him.

If he is innocent, the leftists should shut the hell up after they apologize.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think an investigation should be held.

If Trump is guilty, fry him.

If he is innocent, the leftists should shut the hell up after they apologize.

Not the first time I have agreed with you, but it is rare. There is too much smoke.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I think the "smoke" it hot air generated by the media and democrats.

*shrugs*

But I could be wrong.

I've seen the last 8 years, democrats and leftists defending Obama administration on fast & Furious, Lois lerner and IRS, Benghazi, etc.

I'm not going to be a partisan hypocrite.

I'll hold all politicians and political leaders accountable.

Not that my opinion matters anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join