It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s ‘Made in America Week’ is a hypocritical joke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme
At least he isn't screwing an intern in the Oval Office while his wife just smiles and nods.

Nah, he's just forcefully and unwelcomingly grabbing their pussies, cause he's like, the President of the US. And when you're President AND famous, they just let you do it!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Has anyone even thought of "why" president Trump outsourced his lines of apparel?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Damiel

Donald Trump is the president of America and unlike the last president, he was born in America.

I really do pity you.

Thank-you AngelDoll for confirming that I'm on the right track!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Has anyone even thought of "why" president Trump outsourced his lines of apparel?

Increased profit margin?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
America/The West in general will not now nor perhaps ever be able to compete with Chinese manufacturing. Everyone wants their super smart phone to cost under 600$. China can make that happen (And other eastern nations).

America's power is in its wallet. It consumes..so, that is what therefore our focus should be on, build up a plenty society where people are buying from outlets here..Yeah, all the crap will come from china and india at a steal, but we get to buy it cheap, and import it to set up shop to sell their stuff. The days of American made is pretty much over except for collectors items and high end quality gear

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

it has become standard business procedures
to outsource manufacturing and jobs.
you almost have too if you want to compete and survive as a business.

And there's the rub of it : all so true

Trump is the worst person to exemplify it
He has no leg to stand on when he proclaims "bring jobs home"
When t-shirts cost 2cts a piece to make 'over there'

Who, just who,
is going to get up at 3 in the morning to work in a US sweat shop ?

Trump's made in america is a fools folly
that has no sense in today's businees world

Yet he'll Tweet and Twit all day long about
'how successful' his initiative has been

It's pretty delisional, ulltimately

But as Angeldoll said above

Keep Trump Twittering !
It can only hasten the end of this debacle

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This will turn out to be one of his biggest misteps. He should have only done this is he was willing to lead by example.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Actually ... type Donald Trump in Wiki : see how long it takes to load ;p

Wiki confirms it, the Donald is as American as Obama

He's from Germano/Scottish stock
Any 'birther movement' to be had ?

The Donald's not 'American'

Y'all know what we say about the Scots
edit on 17/7/17 by Damiel because: Lmao ! Donald Trmp the 1st germano-scottish president of the USA ! Brilliant !!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
My understanding is that Trump is into "water sports" and not normal straight sex. I heard that there are not only tapes, but also video. Multiple events.

Should be an interesting time - wonder which investigation will release that stuff on youtube. Or will Trump open a pay-per-view event/site?

Winning!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Trump is the worst person to exemplify it
He has no leg to stand on when he proclaims "bring jobs home"
When t-shirts cost 2cts a piece to make 'over there'

The rub is that politicians such as the Clintons and Bush are far worst, as they were the ones that not only made it legal but were more then willingly to exploit foreign labor and screw the American public with lies to appease their lobbyists donors .

Trump would have to be a complete fool to completely stop utilizing outsourced labors until he reverse what previous politicians like Reagon,Bush, and clintons have done. Atleast unlike them he isn't acting like its not an issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Ofcourse they have.

However, that would have them look at the whoring of America by both parties such as the Clintons, Bush, and Reagons who setup the system to encourages outsourcing or you wont survive with the big dogs.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Trump finally advocates for something that doesn't benefit him personally...

and ya'll are pissed?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Think of how many jobs would come back to the states if he and his adult offspring brought all their business and manufacturing back here, though. Lots of people could start new careers. He could fill the jobs with Vets, if he wanted.

(Although I really don't want our skies filled with smoke again.)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

and ya'll are pissed?

Unfortunately, his own decision to not make his items in America should tell you all you need to know. Companies will NOT move back to America, because like Trump, they see it would be a huge profit loss. And I mean huge. For example, one of Trumps button up shirts, costs $17 bucks to put together here in the US. In Mexico, they cost $3 dollars to make. So you can begin to see where the problem is.

I work in the Los Angeles fashion district for several clothing lines. And we have seen all the manufacturing go over seas, not because we don't have demand, but because people are making clothes for about 1/10 of what it's made for in the US, and no successful business would pass that out.
edit on 17-7-2017 by joshysway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

and ya'll are pissed?

Thats how delusional leftist are, this is their thought process.

I enjoyed, Made in America Week. As a patriot to my country, this was the best thing next to energy dominance.

Leftist liberals on this thread are just pissed still from last year, get over it. Some of these idiots LIVE in America and would rather see it burn. Traitors, F#'em.
edit on 17-7-2017 by Arnie123 because: Meh

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah, i can see your point ...
especially bush + Halliburton & cie connections
but that was more after the fact

As it is, we have no absolutely no proof that Trump
has divested himself of his corporation

Zero proof

He could be/(probably) stil is making money
from his role and connections as POTUS

Mar a lago, for one of the most obvious
can you get your head around that one ?
Me, i have trouble there with that one

Camp David has always existed as R'n'R
for sitting POTUS's and buddies
Why does Trump eschew it ?

He has AF1 for goings and comings
after all ...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme

Ya, because that cost a lot of jobs..right?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

All the Progs that will bash Trump for this, while supporting a do nothing. obstructive Democratic party that has done NOTHING but obstruct since Trump was elected is laughable. Perhaps if the Democrats in Congress stopped obstructing because of those evil Russian conspiracies maybe, just maybe a tax plan could be worked out to make it profitable for small businesses to start up and hire those who depend on welfare for a living so that we can start up our manufacturing base of our economy again versus this service industry which pays minimum wage to dominate? Sorry, can't help thinking outside the box here. Marxist ideology has been erased from my mind forever.

And not for nothing? Who the hell in the USA makes a Vodka that is worth drinking?

Didn't he start the companies over seas because of the crippling taxes before he was potus and just a business man?

Besides, what can he do about them now? He's out of them, isn't he?

When the corp taxes get in line with other countries and he is out of office, he can have them come back or will that be another scandal?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yeah, i can see your point ... especially bush + Halliburton & cie connections but that was more after the fact As it is, we have no absolutely no proof that Trump has divested himself of his corporation Zero proof

Like I said I don't like trump nor trust him or his associates, however I always felt that the worst trump could become is Hillary Clinton or a continuation of Bush or Obama.

They are all crooks at that level whether he divested himself or not which is likely that he didn't.

I think the Left is equally as hypercritical as the right and both party should STFU about the other party and clean their own house up.

It would be great if everyone justs STFU about the Russians, Taxes,and even Trump as POTUS and concentrate how in the F did the GOP best become Trump and How the F did the DNC best become hillary who they had to cheat to get elected within their own party?

The left is equally to blame for having Trump as POTUS and he is no worse of a liar or crook than the rest before him.

edit on 57731America/ChicagoMon, 17 Jul 2017 18:57:48 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
He can't tell his people to have them made in the USA that would be illegal. He can't run his companies so try again to make him look bad he's not in charge.

I should have read more of the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join