It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s ‘Made in America Week’ is a hypocritical joke

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Source

President Donald Trump just finished viewing products manufactured in America as part of a Made In America Product Showcase at the White House this afternoon. He sat in a firetruck, held a “beautiful” baseball bat, and tried out some golf clubs.

Thus begins “Made in America” week, a new Washington ritual during which a president who routinely boasts of being the best at everything admits that he is not the best after all. Because if American-made products are the best, then products made abroad, like many of Trump’s own branded products, are by definition not the best.

But since the Trump Organization and related companies haven’t seen fit to produce their own goods in the United States, that means either their products aren’t the best, or Trump is engaged in a craven manipulation of his fans.

Or both.

Let's see now... Trump the good ol' "American businessman"
touts American made products
whilst Trump Corp outsources abroad

What hope for US producers if...

Trump Vodka, lanched in 2006 but abandoned in 2008 - Is made in the netherlands !

"Donald J Trump Signature Collection" - Ties and Suits were made in China
(yet in 2010, “We don’t need Chinese products, the stuff that’s been sent over from China is – it falls apart after a year and a half. It’s crap.”” said he on Fox)

Showing his penchant for diversity - i guess - his shirts weren't made in China, but in Bangladesh, Vietnam ...

"Trump Home items" - vases, light fittings, furnishings were made in ...
wait for it .... China and india

It's not just the Donald !
Ivanka's 'stuff' Predominantly comes from abroad Bangladesh, China, India ....

Showcasing 'Made in America'
When the Trump's 'Make anywhere but America'

Stinks of do as i say, not as i do
edit on 17/7/17 by Damiel because: Links

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It takes time to level out the hypocrisies.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
At least he isn't screwing an intern in the Oval Office while his wife just smiles and nods.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Donald Trump is the president of America and unlike the last president, he was born in America.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme

You mean like almost every president has done... like ever. Affairs, who cares... people want action, aren't getting it at home, and it's their own damn business. Campaign based hypocrisy... now that's a different story.

eta - lest we forget Trump cheated on his wife... and also, who cares, that's the least of his problems
edit on 17-7-2017 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It's OK.

He made his money, but now it is not good for you to being up the fact that he is slightly 2 faced on the made in USA issue.

I was hoping he would be different, and I hope when we look back at his 2 year point in his first term we will see there was a method to this madness and he has changed the landscape of manufacturing here in the US.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme
At least he isn't screwing an intern in the Oval Office while his wife just smiles and nods.

that's all you got???

holy shiot balls that is hysterical!

I swear to god he really could shoot someone... god damn.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I was hoping he would be different, and I hope when we look back at his 2 year point in his first term we will see there was a method to this madness and he has changed the landscape of manufacturing here in the US.

You would think that he could start by having his and Ivank'a products actually made in America. That would show he is serious but alas it's just more lies and BS that characterizes his presidency.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Donald Trump is the president of America and unlike the last president, he was born in America.

I really do pity you.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Prove he isn't.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You are correct, talked the talk, but not willing to walk the walk.

There is profits exploiting workers in other countries, and then bad mouthing companies that move out of the US.

I disagree with Trump on the way he is handling this issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme
I doubt that
1) he'd be capable
2) anyone would oblige
3) just ... yeuwwwwwww

Off topic i know... just lghten up
it's not about ancient POTUS's
but the current one's blatent hypocrisy

and not the death metal group before anyone starts with it :p

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Oh no you di'ent !

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well if this doesn't call for impeachment and immediate jail time and reinstating Hillary. . . I don't know what does!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Prove he isn't.

Why would he, it has been done.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Oh no you di'ent !

I did.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That's because he's been going after his daughter for years.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

All the Progs that will bash Trump for this, while supporting a do nothing. obstructive Democratic party that has done NOTHING but obstruct since Trump was elected is laughable. Perhaps if the Democrats in Congress stopped obstructing because of those evil Russian conspiracies maybe, just maybe a tax plan could be worked out to make it profitable for small businesses to start up and hire those who depend on welfare for a living so that we can start up our manufacturing base of our economy again versus this service industry which pays minimum wage to dominate? Sorry, can't help thinking outside the box here. Marxist ideology has been erased from my mind forever.

And not for nothing? Who the hell in the USA makes a Vodka that is worth drinking?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Is Trump showcasing his stuff?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I know it's anecdotal, but every piece of Trump hats shirts, etc. I've seen in person, have been made in the USA. I've only seen pics on the internet that prove otherwise...

Makes one wonder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join