It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skies over London - 17th July 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jimbib

I completely forgot there were Sea Kings still flying.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It'll be a big shame when they finally disappear. Here in the UK we only have the Mk.7 remaining, until Crowsnest on Merlin comes online to replace it.

Similar story with the Germany Sea Kings I believe, they will be replaced in the not too distant future by NH90s.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jimbib

If they can ever get the NH90 fixed. Heh. God that's been a disaster. If it isn't one thing it's another.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Read somewhere that US Marines are getting a new chopper. Bigger, heavier lift etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

CH-53K. Current unit price puts the F-35 to shame.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But, but, it's bigger, wider, higher, faster,,,,,,

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

And years late, under engineered, and screwed up.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
.... So normal procurement cycle then.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

It's Lockheed now, what did you expect. Heh.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Nothing but a good and honest high price and tons of political and bureaucratic fondling.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Loque76

Your 'Merlin' is actually a German Westland Sea King, possibly returning home from the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford, as I photographed an identical one (possibly the same one) leaving the show on Monday.
edit on 19-7-2017 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme

You are the person freaking.

There is this thing......" Google "..... if you want to know about something check it out.

I could easily imagine that when googling it getting taken to one of Zaphod58's thread on ATS anyway, may as well start at the source, also google only repeats information, you can question other peoples knowledge here

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos
The OP's previous post contained an aircraft he couldn't identify. Myself and a couple of others ID'd it as a Merlin. I think that's where the confusion has come in. I agree this is a Sea King but hadn't picked it as a German one as I didn't realise there was anything happening at Fairford.

PS: Is anything going on in Southern England aviation wise in the second half of September? Ill be over in Old Blighty for a couple of weeks, mainly around the south but also up to about Warwick.

edit on 20-7-2017 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

There's the Ww2 show going on in the second half of September if you can make it.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I still see the odd one rescuing people stuck in the quicksand in the bay. Also randomly had a Huey fly over the house last week it was must have been in someone's private collection. Also what a sound they make for a small helicopter compared to others.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510
Oh wow, thanks Woody I will be driving right past there on my way to Huntingdon a couple of days earlier. Now the tough bit is convincing the wife....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Book 2 tickets don't tell the Mrs! Then on the morning go get a load of picnic stuff and tell her you're taking her to a lovely place with brilliant views.
edit on 21-7-2017 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

Your 'Merlin' is actually a German Westland Sea King, possibly returning home from the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford, as I photographed an identical one (possibly the same one) leaving the show on Monday.

Sorry Waynos i beat you to it, posting a pic that is

LOQUE76 this is a German Sea King helicopter, ATS member Waynos believes this is the exact one you saw and im going to agree with him. the 17th of July was what they call departure day at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire, departure day is when all the aircraft leave after the airshow at RAF Fairford. My pic taken when i was at the airshow

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm finally home, back in civiliastion, and have access to my computer again. Bozeian, I'm currently looking at going to Duxford too, maybe see you there?

Re the Sea King, OP, here are the pics of it leaving on Monday, i believe you saw it shortly afterwards.

edit on 22-7-2017 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As well as the Sea King I believe I may have the actual Chinook too. I know previous members have noted how it doesn't seem to match current RAF models around the nose.

Well, this particular Canadian AF Chinook has been training with 18Sqn at Odiham and that has included flying a lot over London and Normandy. It appears a good match for the one in the OP

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join