It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WaPo: "Trump is killing the Republican Party;" Isn't this like beating a dead horse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
WaPo opinion piece says that Trump is killing the GOP. Can't kill what has already committed suicide...

I read this and thought, The Republican Party died for me years ago. I voted straight Republican ticket until 2008. At that point, it became clear to me that the GOP had betrayed me and that, as far as I was concerned, they could all go to hell. I quit playing the two-party game.

Donald Trump can't kill what is already dead.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

oh nice
can't we see this every morning on msnbc? isn't he supposed to tell us what to think???

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I agree that the GOP has lost my support after President Bush II took that turn into Iraq. I don't really miss the days of being called unpatriotic for not supporting that war and its aftermath.

I got a letter from the RNC wanting donations in the run-up to the 2008 elections. I wrote back saying that they had lost my support. I haven't heard from them since.

All of DC has lost their minds IMHO.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would say after the last election and last several midterms the democrat party is on life support too.
Both parties need to find some new direction to appease to younger voters or they will wither and die.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It needs killing.

The only thing worse is the Democratic Party.

edit on 17-7-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

More like watching the Walking Dead with a dead print-horse punching the dead elephant in the room over a single rotten orange.

"What is dead may never die". House Greyjoy. Grey joy. Get it?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It needs killing.

Not sure 1 is worse/different than the other under the surface but I gave you a star for that comment. The party system would be a joke if it wasn't such a potent mass weapon of divisional destruction.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I would rather that they (both large US political parties, and all the smaller parties too!) wither and die, actually.

I guess I stand with the likes of George Washington on that one ... no political parties = the best political system, but how to do that?

edit on 17-7-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: Edited to add the extra clarification in parentheses ... for sensical purposes

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't think Trump did it, but his election made the GOP freak out, which portrayed the GOP in its true light , just another arm of the dem/GOP axis. And besides, this is the WaPo, yet another arm of the same thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I worked for the GOP during the last presidential campaign and it was evident even back then that Trump wasn't really a Republican.

In some Machiavellian, game of thrones sort of way...Trump may have been working for the dembs all along.
edit on 17-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

At first I rejoiced that Trump was dismantlinzing the GOP. But that still left the sad story that the Dems. But then the Dems proved to be ''our side will save us all'' and ended up losing too. I say fine and dandy.

Many of us have felt for a long while that this calcified system needed to be cleared away. Many from both sides of the isle have come up with pretty sounding words about ''follow us' and we can make it happen. To them I say bolox.

Trump has come along and is forcing us to seek and root out that calcification and grab our chance at a better way of governing ourselves. But this is not by following him because he is part of the old calcified power structure that has brought us to this brink in the first place. He has played by the rules within which he was raised and it is those very rules that that we need to question and replace. He is a tool of archaic principles and needs to be rejected as anything more than the final emperor of a corrupt and dying empire.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Both parties are split. Decaying, corrupted by Corporate Lobbyists and working to destroy the country they represent. The push for Globalism and the NWO is facing a massive rebuke from those who love their country and their culture/history. Do you not think after 100 of years of planning this they don't have other puppets to replace those they know we are fed up with? The question is will we vote for who 'they' select for us, or will we find/DEMAND someone on our own who wasn't groomed nor part the bloodline of those who have been destroying us?

edit on 17-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So I read the article and it honestly had no substance to it. Just a bunch of vague comments like "It would take far more than a single column to detail Trump’s failures in the months following his bleak inaugural address."

The funny thing is, they say Trump is just an old Democrat that recently swapped to Republican because of Obama. When really, he has had the same message he talks today for the past 30 or so years. It's online and verifiable, but I doubt anyone that opposes Trump would take the time to do research and see it for themselves.

In my opinion, ripping apart the GOP and the DNC would be a great idea. We all know there is way to much corruption and they only work for themselves and top donors, not the American people. So my question is what is it that Trump could be doing that all the other politicians on both sides of the aisle don't already do? At least Trump will be out of office in 4-8 years.

#TERMLIMITS
edit on 17-7-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The GOP isn't a conservative party.

It's STRAIGHT UP an anti-Democrat/progressive party.

HELL...the DNC/Democrats of America are right-of-center to the rest of the world. The Democrats AREN'T even that liberal in the BIG PICTURE.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Political parties only serve themselves...End of story.

So good it's about time that both parties died a very visual and unforgettable death in public view. Maybe we can move forward and take politics back for the actual people...The ones that those elected were supposed to be beholden to. It's going to be an uphill battle for sure though ...No I need wants to willingly give up power...And they sure have concentrated a lot of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: Bluntone22

I guess I stand with the likes of George Washington on that one ... no political parties = the best political system, but how to do that?

You are one of the first I notice to mention that, but none of the FF's wanted political parties, nor 'the dreaded' Democracy, nor did they want your vote if you were a slice short of the full loaf, or uneddymicated, and (maybe a few other things)...the reason why the electoral college came about since they still needed an elected leader.
So, it could be done, just don't call yourself anything other than your name, and a reason ...if any, for being an elected Senator or congressman, in effect a lobbyist. It would surely kick the electoral college into touch for any Presidential election, while getting anything government business done, would be like a game of Rugby, which is fun.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Has it ever occurred to you that part of the problem with the two parties is the folks who vote "straight party"? Why should the parties ever change, save for the worst, if they know that many will blindly follow along?

Neither party is what they once were. Not sure how we can expect them to be. I'm a democrat, registered and everything...yet the next time I vote democrat will be the first time in many years. Why? Because they've changed. I have too, but not in the same way. Where the Dems have swung far to the left, I'm much more centrist-right than I was, say in High School.

I can only imagine that the GOP is the same. This isn't the GOP of Goldwater/Reagan anymore.

Nothing is ever static.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
I agree that the GOP has lost my support after President Bush II took that turn into Iraq. I don't really miss the days of being called unpatriotic for not supporting that war and its aftermath.

I got a letter from the RNC wanting donations in the run-up to the 2008 elections. I wrote back saying that they had lost my support. I haven't heard from them since.

All of DC has lost their minds IMHO.

Dude, I could have written that post. W's crap was a big part of my reason for jumping ship.

And I, too, got a fundraising letter about that time. And I, too, wrote them back a note telling the to get stuffed and take me off of their mailing list because they'd never get a penny out of me for being traitors.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I would say after the last election and last several midterms the democrat party is on life support too.
Both parties need to find some new direction to appease to younger voters or they will wither and die.

I didn't think the dems were as dead as the GOP until I watched Hillary and her cohorts whine and scream since November.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It needs killing.

I still hold that in reality and for all practical purposes, they are both two sides of the same damned coin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join