It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Legal In Russia For A Lobbiest To Impersonate A Russian Agent???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ok so let's assume that the Russians who met with Trump Jr. claiming to be Russian operatives are not actually connected to the Kremlin.. let's assume they were all just making it up.

Is it legal in Russia to impersonate a Russian agent in an attempt to collude with the government of the United States of America??

Would lobbiest who know the rules think that putin would be ok with that or would let that slide without his permission???

Now I don't know, but I don't think putin would allow that at all and i would guess it is a very serious crime from Russia's perspective.

So would these two experienced Russian political operatives risk LITERALLY EVERYTHING in an attempted lobbying scam..

I'm not sure many people are looking at it from Russians perspective if we are taking Trumps Jrs account of the truth..

Something we have no reason to believe because they have been lying the whole time.
edit on 17-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This whole Russia narrative will eventually lead to a dead end and nothing will come of it, just like pretty much every other major talking point in the media for the past 2 years. It's just another reason for us to argue with each other while those in power stay comfortable, it's a big ol' distraction and whether you believe Trump colluded with Russia or not you are pushing their agenda forward.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

In mother Russia, Agent impersonates lobbist!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

I'm dead serious and you might actually answer lol!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is assuming trump is telling the truth..

Does anyone know Russian law?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I think Putin would agree with anything that sows discord and chaos in the US.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Most of your OPs seem to be about "imagining." Imagine that. It's what some of y'all, along with CNN, do all. day. long.

Some folk say you're a dreamer. You're not the only one.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Now I don't know, but I don't think putin would allow that at all and i would guess it is a very serious crime from Russia's perspective.

Why ?
Putin wants to restore Russia to the power it was in the old USSR days , the ideal thing for him is to have a weak US which is what he has right now.
I have no doubt Vlad is loving what's going on over there at the moment and will do all in his power to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What would he do if someone went behind his back and pretended he sent them??

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What would he do if someone went behind his back and pretended he sent them??

Here is what I seriously believe. It is likely illegal to impersonate a Russian agent in Russia, BUT I can see Putin giving these people a pass here just long enough for the news cycle to speculate and cause chaos in the US. Then when we've all forgotten about them they can be squirreled away to some hellhole in Siberia in the middle of the night. That's all if they are being honest about not being Russian agents here. But if there is one thing I hold as true about Russia is that Putin HATES the US and wants to do anything he can to destroy our position in the world. If that means he lets some lawbreakers slide for a while to accomplish then so be it.
edit on 17-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: gortex

Just seems like the kinda thing you better ask for permission before doing.

I have no idea how it is not an instant felony here.. let alone in Russia where I assume they have way stricter laws about such things.

link   

No, it's assuming that both Trump and the media are using each other to cause as much division in America as possible. Trump is just as culpable as the media is in all this. They're controlled opposition to one another and we are the pawns being caught up in their game.
edit on 7/17/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I bet he did too..

But assuming he didn't, what kind of risk would the lobbyists impersonating Russia agents WITHOUT PERMISSION be taking??

Is it realistic someone would take that risk over a convoluted sceme??

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I can't say. I don't and have never planned to live in Russia. So I can't say how strict things are there. I can only speculate, and my speculation is probably negatively biased so I can't trust it completely.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I know and here I'm imagining trump is telling the truth.. far fetched I know..
edit on 17-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I just would assume that is a very serious crime in Russia, so it is doubtful two very experienced political operatives would take that risk without a guarantee of some big gain.

So likely they would have had to have permission or would be maybe risking their lives.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Its illegal to bribe officials in both countries. Over there they don't buy the term lobbyist, nor disguise bribes as campaign contributions.

What is the acceptable term in Russia, anyway?

everyone knows politicians wax rich off their time in office, but all the supposed watchdog agencies, the law and press look the other way.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Is it legal for citizens to freelance without permission?? While pretending to be Russian agents?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Ok so let's assume that the Russians who met with Trump Jr. claiming to be Russian operatives are not actually connected to the Kremlin.. let's assume they were all just making it up.

Is it legal in Russia to impersonate a Russian agent in an attempt to collude with the government of the United States of America??

Would lobbiest who know the rules think that putin would be ok with that or would let that slide without his permission???

So would these two experienced Russian political operatives risk LITERALLY EVERYTHING in an attempted lobbying scam..

I'm not sure many people are looking at it from Russians perspective if we are taking Trumps Jrs account of the truth..

Something we have no reason to believe because they have been lying the whole time.

Well, the lady is obviously a Russian agent. As a defender for Prevezon she is also linked a lobby group in the US, a corporate law setup, companies who have Russian spies in their midst and most of them have links to relatives of Trump, and perhaps Trump himself.
Fact is, it would be easier to disbelieve me as being fantastical in what I said there, yet it is true, than believe that she is a Russian agent, rather than a Democratic party nuisance maker....if you head is screwed on the wrong way that is..or you have a motive, or both.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I wouldn't assume anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join