It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans see healthcare as the most important issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Think about it. Without healthcare, you can't work. Without work, you have no income. Without income, you starve. Today's society is high stress society. People are always worried about their jobs and where the next meal will come from. Stress is bad for health. That's why so many people in modern society have bad health compared to the middle ages where everyone can grow their own food and don't have stress. It's not surprise healthcare is the number 1 issue in America, where there is no single payer universal coverage like in Russia, instead you got these insurance companies that make money off the backs of their clients and charge people too much for coverage.

Americans view healthcare as the most important issue facing the country but are doubtful Congress will pass legislation that will lower premiums and cover more people, according to a Bloomberg poll released Monday.

With the GOP push to repeal and replace ObamaCare serving as the poll’s backdrop, 35 percent of Americans surveyed indicated healthcare was their top issue, more than twice as many as any other option. The other leading issues included unemployment and jobs (13 percent), terrorism (11 percent), immigration (10 percent) and climate change (also 10 percent).

A majority, 64 percent, disapproves of how President Trump is handling healthcare, compared to 28 percent approving.

thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I'm sure the people in the middle ages had no stress.

Didn't have to worry about the local warlords or nobles stealing their lands, didn't have to worry about dying of the flu. No worries about the crops failing, making it through the winter...

Nope, not a care in the world

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Think about it. Without healthcare, you can't work. Without work, you have no income. Without income, you starve. Today's society is high stress society. People are always worried about their jobs and where the next meal will come from. Stress is bad for health. That's why so many people in modern society have bad health compared to the middle ages where everyone can grow their own food and don't have stress. It's not surprise healthcare is the number 1 issue in America, where there is no single payer universal coverage like in Russia, instead you got these insurance companies that make money off the backs of their clients and charge people too much for coverage.

Americans view healthcare as the most important issue facing the country but are doubtful Congress will pass legislation that will lower premiums and cover more people, according to a Bloomberg poll released Monday.

With the GOP push to repeal and replace ObamaCare serving as the poll’s backdrop, 35 percent of Americans surveyed indicated healthcare was their top issue, more than twice as many as any other option. The other leading issues included unemployment and jobs (13 percent), terrorism (11 percent), immigration (10 percent) and climate change (also 10 percent).

A majority, 64 percent, disapproves of how President Trump is handling healthcare, compared to 28 percent approving.

thehill.com...

Avg life expectancy in middle ages was 31 years old.... a big issue with healthcare whether we want to admit it or not is that we can keep people alive way past their natural expiration date.

Most if our healthcare costs are borne at end of life and elderly care.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A nation's GDP is the modern yardstick by which its overall well being is assessed. That figure on its own is a false reading. The amount a nation spends on healthcare, whether state or private, per capita, is the only way of getting the true level of the wellbeing of a nations population.
edit on 17-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Dp

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I sure don't, I see Economy & Jobs and the Fake Lamestream parrots, I started noticing them in 2003....

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It is one of the most important. Making up some 20% of our economy and employing a huge swath of the populace, it is very important.

Trump was elected to change this terrible US plan. He will not.

The politicians do not have the electorate's interest at heart, they have election campaigns to fund and board seats to take with huge $$$ after they serve to consider.

There is proof from around the globe of other countries doing it better for a far more affordable price.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Are you getting overtime with all the work you've put in the last few days?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

"That's why so many people in modern society have bad health compared to the middle ages where everyone can grow their own food and don't have stress."

Are you sure about that? You seem to have no clue about Middle Ages.
edit on 17 7 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"Think about it. Without healthcare, you can't work."

This is a bull# statement.

"Without work, you have no income. Without income, you starve."

A continuation of bull#.

"Today's society is high stress society. "

A statement of ignorance. All societies have their stresses to insinuate that ours are worse is wrong.

"People are always worried about their jobs and where the next meal will come from. Stress is bad for health. That's why so many people in modern society have bad health compared to the middle ages where everyone can grow their own food and don't have stress."

Seemingly more ignoring of the hardships that past people have endured.

"It's not surprise healthcare is the number 1 issue in America, where there is no single payer universal coverage like in Russia, instead you got these insurance companies that make money off the backs of their clients and charge people too much for coverage. "

You saying it's the #1 issue is just you picking which poll you prefer.

Healthcare is an important issue and getting the government out of it is the first thing we need to do. Drop the prices and turn a lot of everyday procedures into something you can pay for out of pocket. When the American people don't have to subsidize big pharma than many more would offer to help pay for more serious procedures.
edit on 17-7-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It's not surprise healthcare is the number 1 issue in America

Thats why the gop got the potus, senate, and house in the 16 election; to fix healthcare. They had 6 years to get a plan together...I would suggest if they can't deliver others running for office in 18 will be installed.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

"Today's society is high stress society. "

A statement of ignorance. All societies have their stresses to insinuate that ours are worse is wrong.

Having worked in America, the UK, and a few places around Europe. I can confirm that yes indeed, the stresses of the American workplace are by a significant margin greater than anywhere else I've ever worked.

The American workplace is just ~insane~.

No wonder you're all on anti-depressants and anxiety medications and opiates.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's not surprise healthcare is the number 1 issue in America,

healthcare is NOT the number 1 issue in America.

The people that think that healthcare is the number 1 issue, are the reason why healthcare will never get fixed.

The problems with healthcare are caused by the REAL number 1 issue , which nobody ,nor the media, nor the gop, nor the dnc focus on. which is corruption and conflict of interest between our politicians and the highest corporate or special interest bidders.

its silly to expect healthcare to be fixed by people with conflict of interest.

therefore you must make corruption and conflict of interest as issue number 1, before even attempting to fix healthcare and all the other issues we are plagued with. no good decision will come from a group that is riddled with conflict of interest

there is a reason why every industry that sucks for the people is working beautifully for the large corporate lobbyists such as healthcare ,telecom, insurance,etc

edit on 48731America/ChicagoMon, 17 Jul 2017 12:48:08 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

only thing i'm worried about the healthcare bill is them screwing the prices more than they already have, and forcing the penalty on those that don't have. other than that i would rather have it as it was before the ACA and never think of it again. i have more of a issue with the national debt and the corrupt politicians that need to be replace than i do the health care in this country. people need to worry about the real issue. replacing the bad apples in government. make your vote count people, quit voting for the same evil pricks and this wouldn't even be a issue right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I bet most of the people I saw waddling into McDonalds a few minutes ago agree with you 100%.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

only thing i'm worried about the healthcare bill is them screwing the prices more than they already have, and forcing the penalty on those that don't have. other than that i would rather have it as it was before the ACA and never think of it again. i have more of a issue with the national debt and the corrupt politicians that need to be replace than i do the health care in this country. people need to worry about the real issue. replacing the bad apples in government. make your vote count people, quit voting for the same evil pricks and this wouldn't even be a issue right now.

You should be very worried.

The dems and repubs work for the same "bosses" and they vote with their wallets.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

It's not surprise healthcare is the number 1 issue in America,

healthcare is NOT the number 1 issue in America.

The people that think that healthcare is the number 1 issue, are the reason why healthcare will never get fixed.

The problems with healthcare are caused by the REAL number 1 issue , which nobody ,nor the media, nor the gop, nor the dnc focus on. which is corruption and conflict of interest between our politicians and the highest corporate or special interest bidders.

its silly to expect healthcare to be fixed by people with conflict of interest.

therefore you must make corruption and conflict of interest as issue number 1, before even attempting to fix healthcare and all the other issues we are plagued with. no good decision will come from a group that is riddled with conflict of interest

there is a reason why every industry that sucks for the people is working beautifully for the large corporate lobbyists such as healthcare ,telecom, insurance,etc

Thats whats sup...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
funny how people think the president actually controls bills when all he can do is suggest things and sign the bill and even then it still is decided by the states, ignoring the power they actually have yet wondering why things are going wrong... nope it's always the president they blame, not congress, not their states and certainly not themselves... every president i see this.

the president is always a puppet of corporations and foreign lobbies and so is congress, obamacare and the like aren't about health care at all, it's all about tricking the people into a privatized universal healthcare system, it's just setting the stage for the shift to corporate entities governing the people and taking the real power from governments and the people.

corporatocracy will be upon us within 20 years i guarantee.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

From the OP: ""Americans view healthcare as the most important issue facing the country but are doubtful Congress will pass legislation that will lower premiums and cover more people, according to a Bloomberg poll released Monday.""

What about "HealthCare" makes it American's #1 Priority now?

What do Americans want Congress to do to fix their "healthcare"?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

From the OP: ""Americans view healthcare as the most important issue facing the country but are doubtful Congress will pass legislation that will lower premiums and cover more people, according to a Bloomberg poll released Monday.""

What about "HealthCare" makes it American's #1 Priority now?

What do Americans want Congress to do to fix their "healthcare"?

From what I see in my daily travels, it's no wonder that "HealthCare" is a top priority. Medical bills are astronomical, creating more stress, poorer eating habits, that in turn generate more unaffordable medical bills.

top topics

join