It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so freaking tired of you, home experts in politics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Just the language? Progress!

But. Still... generalizing much today? Show me the nonsensical parts with a stick and tell me how it felt to see language being torn apart this way.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What is the difference in being a home expert in politics and a home expert in something else, for example, conspiracies? They are both hobbies and are just as useless / useful as one another. I will give you that ATS has a lot more politics and news than conspiracies these days.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

I don't know? Why aren't you discussing those issue? The site has user generated content. If that's what you want to discuss then write the thread. People will come and discuss.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Russia. Russia has done this to us.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That's some funny # right there!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That made me laugh as hard as this one:

that I picked up this weekend.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I really wish there was a way to filter out forums. I would remove breaking political and political mudpit. It would be nice to see a recent post feed without those boards.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I've been trying to post different stuff for years, as well as a handful of other members.

It's a hard sell sometimes. It also depends on the topic. Politically divisive topics tend to be the most popular because people get really upset and will devote themselves to telling you how wrong you are.

If you post something that's a very deep idea conveying an obvious Truth you will struggle to even garner much of a conversation.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think the problem is so much has already been discussed on ATS. Almost every conspiracy theory has hundreds of pages and days worth of videos about them from years back.

Personally when I came to this forum i was a brainwashed Catholic. I wasn't republican or democrat but i had no idea how much corruption and deceit were on both sides. The education I was given never quite sat well with me but i didn't fully understand why.

Fast forward 14 years now. (crazy for me to think I've been coming here this long)

I've read and made my mind up about a lot of the theories, most of which I was completely unfamiliar with.

Now what seems to be happening before our very eyes in politics is a conspiracy to very many people. But the ones that have been here long enough realize that most likely both sides are being played by bankers behind the scenes.

More and more people are abandoning the mainstream media. They find their way to ATS and bring their closed minded view of the world here and spout whatever they believe as truth and won't even consider other more valid points of view.

This website used to be about not trusting anyone. Don't believe anything anyone says, because in reality greed and money control knowledge. The first rule of business is to not tell anyone everything you know.

If you were an organized criminal syndicate that owned every media outlet and politician would you let people know? Hell no.

I think what needs to happen for ATS is a reformat of the way threads are recognized somehow. The website format has changed a few times since I've been coming here. I like the idea of threads with more comments getting placed in the front but it seems to be getting redundant. We need more of an educating approach mixed with new headlines. Maybe throw some of the oldest best threads on the front page in a new section that would stay there? I don't know I'm just throwing out ideas.

Anyway i know what you mean. Too many BS threads about small topics, should they be thrown into a non conspiracy bin or something? people used to dig deep before they posted some BS headline from CNN or FOX or Twitter.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
pfft, I do real world politics every day. I trade blows with local idiot politicians constantly. I had psych, IR, PolySci, History of MidEast and Russia at a top 5 university. I even ran for local office once, and may do it again. I met Colin Powell at a Navy function, shook Bill Clinton's hand, met and heard a private talk from Tom Clancy and was recruited by 1st City Troop. I have a relative who signed the Declaration of independence, an uncle KiA fighting Nazis, Mom worked for JFK we have snaps of him in our family album. Dad worked for govt was in Beirut and Nicaragua doing odd things. I read Abbie Hoffman as a young teen.

Hardly an armchair general.
edit on 18-7-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

I agree. 99% of what's posted here now is absolute garbage.

As opposed to all the other garbage going on end to end as it always was?

What is the difference of then and now.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Look at healthcare. There is no middle ground there. The divsion is unsolvable. It's down to states. Red or blue.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
@the op , then you beleive there is a strong enough political conspiracy making most discussion of politics irrelevant ?

Politics by definition is about who gets what and how . That covers just about everything in life , bar what the environment gets , as it does not have have a 'who' to front itself with .

Your problem is with _party politics being prevalent at the moment , that is a _type of politics .

If someone gets hoodwinked by a conspiracy , that is still a political event .

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Political threads on ATS are nothing more than a threaded version of a comments section of a Yahoo article. I think this is because most threads are loosely moderated, and quickly turn into a race to the bottom with insults and name calling. People that share the same ideology reward one another by starring each other's posts.

As an optimist, I guess I wander in to see that maybe, just maybe, there will be some fruitful conversation happening. In the few times that has occurred, which is typically early in a thread's lifespan, it quickly devolves into more of the same mudslinging.

But I'm with you OP. Why can't we talk about real problems that are facing people and do so constructively? I'll admit that I'm part of the problem because I participate, too. I would welcome a change, though.

I believe we have more in common than not. But that may be a naïve point of view. Perhaps we're so disparate in our ideology and thinking that there is no middle ground to be had. I'm really not sure.

What I do know is we're not going to progress as a society if our sole focus is on crippling or hurting the other side of the political aisle. That will only result in a room full of wounded people bitter about the pain they've inflicted on themselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Uh, well I do agree there are enough threads on politics. Your comments about tweets, though is wrong....They are to be taken as "official White House statements" so if the POTUS decides to tweet, well its an official white house statement. Within these threads I have tried to make it a point to supply a link, whenever I felt it was i&mportant, to back up what I am saying.

It is not my fault that the U.S. is in turmoil over this presidency, and that a literally a moron, was voted into office. He and his team has been lying to us from the beginning about Russia, and constantly questioning and outwardly doubting our own Intel agencies, and calling all of this a witch hunt, which our Intel, has REPEATEDLY said it is not, but the president wants us to think differently....only his dwindling supporters believe him at this point in time.

Lol couldn't even make it one page.
MoMo

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"Why we don't discuss real issues? Like, I don't know, what is going on with our planet, what is going on with people today, how world's economics really works, fiat currencies issues, slave labour issues, how to stay mentally healthy, how to reach out for the Mind, what are the Universal laws (if they exist), how to raise kids in the world of anti-family conspiracy, what can we do to resist the Agenda of the Machine, etc."

well, I think all of these suggested topics have heavy political influences on how people feel.
edit on 18-7-2017 by TheErlenmeyerFlask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whoa, I applaud all the sober posts and people who are with me on this.

My rant was a quite emotional one, so I'm not sure there was anything to learn from it, but I made a decision not to participate in pseudo-political threads whatsoever. That's gonna be my small personal contribution to keep our forum uncontaminated. Thank you all!!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I think you have missed a trick if you have not seen discussions of that sort on the boards before. Fiat currency, the global economy, and so many more of the things you mentioned, ARE covered by threads, right here on this site. Unfortunately for you, many of those threads came along way before your join date, so it is possible you merely missed them, and I highly recommend using the sites internal search system to see if you can find them.

What is more, although I would agree with you that discussion of this tweet and that Facebook post EXCLUSIVELY would be bad, I also think that it is necessary to discuss at least some of these things, especially since the way personages, such as the President of the United States of America, for example, communicate with the world is changing. For him particularly, gone are the regular press briefings, frequent discussions and exclusives with this publication or that network. Now there is a Twitter account, which is about right, given the attention span of the idiot in question. One hundred and forty characters? I am surprised he has the patience for it, leave alone the necessary attention span.

It would be foolish to ignore the fastest growing communication mediums on the face of the world, just because they are typically relied upon by low information, low IQ individuals with no particular value in their grey matter.

But... I agree, that it would be pleasant to return to a time when we could have an in depth and intellectual discussion about the nature of money, power and politics, as we used to in times of old. If that is something you want to see, publish a thread on the topic, and see what bites.

(post by LiberLegit removed for a manners violation)

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join