It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so freaking tired of you, home experts in politics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Politics comes after economics, after all,

BOOM.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It wasn't a twitch like CNN said, it was a spasm according to FOX.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: FauxMulder

The only thing the agencies have done is point out the truth, which the POTUS clearly does not want us to know. I believe them over trump period. The only thing trump has is words, pretty sure the INTEL agencies have more than just words.

Go create a thread about then and take your psycophantic BS elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Your "anti-family society" statement really hit close to home for me. We have very little time with our families these days, we're either too busy working or going to school the majority of our time to really spend any real quality time with them, add in the fact that you are pretty much expected to move out of your family home by a certain age and you get very little actual real family time in today's world.

Our kids are raised more by the state than us, everything they learn is handed to them by the state and parents just willingly give their children up to strangers to be raised while they are at work earning their paycheck.

Society is broken, politics is broken, everything is broken and people see it as us fixing what was never broken before we came on the scene.
edit on 7/17/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Uh, well I do agree there are enough threads on politics. Your comments about tweets, though is wrong....They are to be taken as "official White House statements" so if the POTUS decides to tweet, well its an official white house statement. Within these threads I have tried to make it a point to supply a link, whenever I felt it was important, to back up what I am saying.

It is not my fault that the U.S. is in turmoil over this presidency, and that a literally a moron, was voted into office. He and his team has been lying to us from the beginning about Russia, and constantly questioning and outwardly doubting our own Intel agencies, and calling all of this a witch hunt, which our Intel, has REPEATEDLY said it is not, but the president wants us to think differently....only his dwindling supporters believe him at this point in time.

Someone needs to re-read the OP. Your response is off-topic and part of the issue the OP is talking about.

Besides, Fox says that's all BS.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Part of the issue is people feeling helpless to do anything and wanting to voice their feelings to an audience. Twitter is good for that, I do it all the time. Just feels good to rant about BS being spewed. Another part of the problem is the polluted information stream. This triggers the outrage driving the desire to yell at someone but it makes it ver very difficult to find accurate information. People are lazy and it's easier to just copy/paste links instead of actually doing research. I remember the old days too and miss them.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

So stirring the pot and starting up drama is fun? Sounds like a classic case of troll-itis. It's been spreading pretty quickly among those who focus on politics these days, those in power love the hate that's going around between the left and right cults.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Yes, yes it is though. Do you realize they are all in on it? The media, Trump, 'both sides' is who I mean by they. Trumps 'opposition' in the media spend 24/7 beating the dead horse about some sort of 'Russian collusion' (wtf does that statement even mean anyway? They use it like a singular noun) meanwhile, Trump does things like appointing family friends Stephen Feinburg of Dyncorp and Erik Prince of Blackwater to lead the change to privatization of our nation's warefare in Afghanistan and it barely gets a blip. Glossed over entirely by the media 'against' Trump.

The entire thing is a facade, the great distraction, to keep people focused on the bull# instead of the real #ing issues, corruption, and the fact we are a coorporate oligarchy.

edit on 17-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Mikehawk

No one wants to admit they were wrong about almost everything for most their life.

Which in the case of most of us is, well, most of us.
I get a visual when thinking about this. I see a locomotive that cannot leave the rails upon which it has run for so long. And when those tracks run out in front of it the engineer runs a head trying to lay new rail and ties so the train can keep going in the same rut it has always been in.

Now it is time for me to admit that I am part of the problem.

I was one of the stubborn ones who "knew it all", especially in regards to politics.

Eventually I had to put my pride down and re-analyze things and put them into perspective.

Luckily for me I had friends and family members who were there for me to soften the blow since they were feeding me tid-bits which eventually lead to my "awakening". Before that point though, I ridiculed them for it.

That being said...

At the end of the day I am just as guilty as the "sheeple" I hinted at in my first post because I get caught up in the whole "my point of view is correct, everyone else is wrong" frame of mind. I post nasty things in the mud-pit even though I believe both sides to be make-believe. I hold my nose high above those who believe in partisan politics. My behavior does not help anything other than my ego.

In reality I like to come with solutions when I point out what is wrong with everything but I must admit that I've felt defeated for a very long time now. I stay positive for my family's sake, but deep down I know we're screwed.

I'm too caught up in my "career" to change anything...all I have time for is ATS.

I am part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I see it this way.

Anytime I see those types of threads where the OP is soooo certain their opinion is the only one....I chalk them up to useless as far as any type of worthy conversation is concerned.

When I see threads where people proudly proclaim they are Dem,Rep,left,right etc etc....how I interpret that kind of thinking is similar to seeing them just coming right out and saying...I AM A MORON,NO INTELLIGENT THOUGHT REQUIRED!!!

People who think in terms of left and right are like people who still think the earth is flat.

I hear your rant OP.

I have learned who and what to ignore.

edit on 17-7-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You are your own content cop when surfing the web, click or click not.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you hate Chinese food...stay out of Chinese restaurants.

Same logic applies to threads.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hmmm...I count about 80 sub-forums outstide of political and current affairs. Seems to me if you looked hard enough, you could find plenty of other places to look if you don't want to discuss politics (six sub forums) or current events (about 10 sub forums).

Like most things in life, if you don't want to discuss it, don't engage...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I go to Chinese restaurants and order Big Macs then complain.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

"Poli" means many in Latin
A tic is a blood sucking creature that latches onto you and sucks for all its worth

So what does that tell you "Politics" is?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

maybe its tic, like a disorder, either way it still sucks.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
nvm, I agree with OP and leave it at that
edit on 1pmf31153531 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Everyone has a civic and moral duty to take part in politics. That's how democracy works. Free societies might fail if those who refuse to do their part leave the work to be done by the ignorant. Worse, your absence directly contributes to the poor state of politics.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I can't agree with the OP enough. I'm sick of seeing posts here and other websites with people "who know" or who are too stupid to realize they are peddling the wares of Assange types, politicos, etc.

It takes a certain level of education, experience, and literacy level to really comprehend and be able to discuss the issues the OP mentioned. The general population, sadly, just doesn't possess these abilities. I'm pretty much done trying to have any discourse on basically anything at this point.

Another thing: so what if people really do "know?" Nothing ever changes anyway because 99% of us have no power to affect anything. I don't think there's any point in caring or discussing many of these issues at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I go to Chinese restaurants and order Big Macs then complain.

I go to McDonalds and scream: "YOU CALL THIS A SCOTTISH RESTAURANT?!?"...when they tell me they don't have haggis!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join