It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article of Impeachment Introduced by Rep. Sherman Doesn’t Include Violation of Nepotism Rule; Why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The way I see it, Donald Trump clearly violated the rule against White House job appointments being based on nepotism by bringing on board his daughter and son-in-law as advisors.

The flimsy argument legitimizing this “skirting” of the nepotism rule is that these two relatives are unpaid.

Huh?

I estimate that Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump would each be paid at least $179,700 annually for their job positions at the White House. This estimate of earnings is based on the compensation of White House aide and reality T.V. celebrity, Omarosa Manigaullt, (who, BTW, was characterized as a “villainess” during her stint on “The Apprentice.” I would more aptly term her an ability-deficient “gold brick” who misrepresented her role in the White House during a prior administration. In reality, I heard that she held a very low-level clerical position on the order of mailing out White House junk mail and birthday greetings and the like.)

Compensation on the order of $200,000 is irrelevant in the cases of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump... irrelevant, immaterial, and insignificant relative to their wealth disclosure of $741,000,000.

And, so, I term the argument of waiver of compensation, “flimsy,” in defending nepotism as a non-issue in light of the anti-nepotism rule at the White House.

It matters not whether Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump receive governmental salaies. The way I see it, the anti-nepotism rule has been completely shattered especially when you consider that...

... it’s been said that anyone else in Jared Kushner’s shoes would have, long before now, been given the boot out of the White House for his very faulty disclosure forms WITH HIS SECURITY CLEARANCE BEING REVOKED for those faulty disclosure forms and for several other very valid reasons... like meeting with shady Russian operatives at Trump Tower.

However, it has been reported that The Donald is the only one who is authorized to revoke security clearances... and Jared is still around (maybe just in standby mode awaiting a pardon from you-should-know-who).

Oh, well, it seems that nepotism in the Trump White House trumps all.

Anyway, the bright spot is that Rep. Green may very well add additional articles of impeachment to what has already been presented to the House of Representatives. It looks like the potential list of those additions will be quite long.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It's not flimsy, it's a loophole. The way the law is written, it's a gray area when it comes to hiring people that decline to accept a salary for the position.

Beyond that, federal courts have held that the law doesn't apply to White House staff positions.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Beyond that, federal courts have held that the law doesn't apply to White House staff positions.

Now what?
edit on 17-7-2017 by DAVID64 because: clean up on aisle 4

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Democrats better hope Trump doesn't get impeached. Trump staying in the white house is the only way for the left to win in 2020.

If Pence takes over and brings back some sort of stability and respect to the presidency it's a wrap for 2020. Especially with republicans holding most of the other seats in government.

Something a lot of people who are blinded by their hate of Trump (really, I don't blame you) don't want to face..

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

Anyway, the bright spot is that Rep. Green may very well add additional articles of impeachment to what has already been presented to the House of Representatives. It looks like the potential list of those additions will be quite long.

Sure, file Articles of Impeachment on the basis of Obstruction of Justice charges that have not been made (the firing of Comey did not stop the Russia election interference probe)...how about we wait to hear from the Special Counsel?

You just have to love it when the Democrats decide to try to Impeach a President on the basis of facts unknown.

She actually said "the Kremlin clan that surround him"...

File for impeachment now - add accusations later!

Since the loss of the House, the Senate (a bunch of Governorships) and the Presidency, the Democrats have devolved into an incoherent mob that has no message, no plan, no answers for anything...just a gaggle of vibrating suits constantly calling for resistence, investigations, hearings, special prosecutors and of course (predictably) impeachment.

It's quite embarrassing to watch actually.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
the fewer the charges the cleaner the party looks.
it's easier to say we were duped over one thing rather than a whole raft of them.
problem for democrats would be a carter type situation.
as underwerks notes, allowing trump to carry on will only damage the republicans further, a trump replacement lets the party off scot free and a democrat wrangling power would only further the bizzaros theories of some communist takeover.

alex jones types would fire their engines back up to warp 9 with illuminati, new world order gubbins rather than the nothing to see here approach they currently have.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
It's not flimsy, it's a loophole. The way the law is written, it's a gray area when it comes to hiring people that decline to accept a salary for the position.

OK, I concede that, as far as White House appointments go, 3 U.S.C. 105 supersedes the law regarding nepotism.

However, our experience with the current White House administrations screams for the U.S. Constitution to be amended to read as it was originally intended to read, to wit, instead of "high crimes and misdemeanors" it should say: "maladministration."

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler
the fewer the charges the cleaner the party looks.
it's easier to say we were duped over one thing rather than a whole raft of them.
problem for democrats would be a carter type situation.
as underwerks notes, allowing trump to carry on will only damage the republicans further, a trump replacement lets the party off scot free and a democrat wrangling power would only further the bizzaros theories of some communist takeover.

alex jones types would fire their engines back up to warp 9 with illuminati, new world order gubbins rather than the nothing to see here approach they currently have.

Actually, I think the lack of motivation to proceed with impeachment has all to do with how well the stock market has been doing lately. Politicians are loathe to rock that boat.

It's about the money. It's always about the money... across party lines.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What is it with Americans and the obsession with shyte dynasties (Bush, Clinton's etc) ?
We saw people wanting Michelle Obama to run for president, now we have deluded Trump cult wanting Don Jr. or Ivanka as future presidents.
Lucky for you Trump destroyed the Clinton's and Don Jr. has single handedly ruined the Trump dynasty with one tweet.
Wtf people
edit on 17-7-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

Truly.

Trump is the lefts $###-stained goose. All everyone has to do is keep letting him lay his crappy eggs and in less than 4 years there will be an even bigger backlash than the one against the left that got him elected.

Maybe that's the long game the Clinton's paid him for? (I'm only half joking when I say that)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Did all of his supporters realize that they were voting his daughter, Son in Law, and Son into office??? Such a competent team he has put together.......

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

originally posted by: Shamrock6

OK, I concede that, as far as White House appointments go, 3 U.S.C. 105 supersedes the law regarding nepotism.

However, our experience with the current White House administrations screams for the U.S. Constitution to be amended to read as it was originally intended to read, to wit, instead of "high crimes and misdemeanors" it should say: "maladministration."

Anything becomes illegal when you rewrite the law to make it illegal.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Don't think a corrupt DNC or Fake Lamestream parrots can successfully Impeach the POTUS... it will come back and bite you in the rearenda, just look at CNN....

new topics

top topics

join