It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help locating closed business information.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I don't know what or if I can even find what I'm looking for so here it goes.

I am looking for information on a business in another state that closed over 10 years ago. I know the city, state, name and owners name. I want to know if i can find out why it closed and what happened. I know it was opened for at least 10 years. I know the person who owned it but I know for a fact she is lying. I dont want to go into detail why I am looking for this information. I just want to know if it's possible and where I should look. I've done google searches but I can't find anything. It was open before the internet social media craze.

thanks!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Most likely your going to have to get with a local P.I in that area.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Check with the local BBB or Rotary Club.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

If you know the name of the business, its location and address, you might be able to look it up through the most local chamber of commerce, land title registry, or through other free resources, which might not create or produce results when google searching.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If you know the name of the business, its location and address, you might be able to look it up through the most local chamber of commerce, land title registry, or through other free resources, which might not create or produce results when google searching.

I only know the name and it closed probably 15 years ago. The place it was at is a tiny island off the coast of North Carolina, so there isn't much there.

Land title registry? That would tell me whose name it was in? Can I find the same thing for vehicle registration or is that private?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Check with the local BBB or Rotary Club.

Do you think they would have anything on a place that closed about 15 years ago?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Land title registry? That would tell me whose name it was in? Can I find the same thing for vehicle registration or is that private?

Wherever titles and deeds are kept. They will have records for who owned the land previously and they may have records who leased the property for business, and may still have a forwarding address. Have to go there to find the records, pay a fee.

Good luck, if they lied to you they may have been scamming with their business, would 'cover their tracks' so to speak.

Might be more rewarding to do a search on the persons name in that area. That costs too, even though they tell you the search is 'free' upfront.
edit on 17-7-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkPalSFO

Most likely your going to have to get with a local P.I in that area.

YEA that is what I'm starting to think unfortunately. They are hella expensive! I just want to know who really owned it and why it closed and if what she told me is even true. She said her husband left her with a back tax bill of over $30k and that he never filed taxes while they had the restaurant. HOW would that even be possible for ten years to never file taxes? From what i have learned of this woman she is a total narcissist and more than likely lied about this entire situation to make herself look like the victim. She is terrible with finances and the more I find out about her the more I realize everything she ever said to me was a lie. I know she had the restaurant I've seen the menu and she use to always talk about it. It's just the circumstances of it closing are very hazy with what she has said over the years and now that I know who she really is (narcissistic psychopath!) I am sure it's all a lie what happened.

I have a reason for gathering all of this information. I have been fact gathering on all her lies for a year now and this is one i have had a hard time finding anything on.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Tracking down a grifter? They probably have many aliases, but the law has records on that. Do an online search by name...

its only 25.00.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Seems like her fininacial issues are starting to catch up to her and it may be affecting you. Whatever you reasons are to find out this information if it's going to affect you finically in the long run and would be cheaper to go with the P.I then do that. If you just want to find out if someone is lying and throw it in their face I wouldn't even bother paying money for it. I would just give up on the person and not give them the time of day anymore. They lied to you. They don't deserve your time or effort.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Well, a search of a registration plate might give you whether the car has ever been stolen or written off, but it is unlikely to give you an address for the current owner, unless they have it as part of their contact information on a classified ad.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Wherever titles and deeds are kept. They will have records for who owned the land previously and they may have records who leased the property for business, and may still have a forwarding address. Have to go there to find the records, pay a fee.

It is in North Carolina and I'm in Florida. I can't go there. Is there anywhere i could maybe find this online? I don't mind paying some fees. I've done so for background checks and things of that nature already.

Goo luck, if they lied to you they may have been scamming with their business, would 'cover their tracks' so to speak.
OH I would NOT be surprised if she was up to no good especially now that I know who she really is, a complete and utter nut job! She had me fooled for years but honestly so much makes sense now that i Know how she raelly is. SOOOO much makes sense.

Even now she doesn't work on paper. She is basically a ghost. She use to be on the current family business name but she and her daughter took their names off and put everything into her son's name (my boyfriend). Nothing is in their name, not even bank accounts. It's all in his name. The cars and everything. They literally don't exist in any way, not even the lease! He is blind to how they are and both have bankruptcy on their credit. They are terrible with money and a couple years ago got taken by a phone loan scam even! Someone called them and told them they were approved for a loan and all they had to do was send $900 on a greed dot card and they would get double back. OH YEA they fell for it!! Once they realized something was off they called me freaking out. I knew it was a scam and traced the number to a VOIP in India. The site they claimed they represented was a legit government veterans site but these women were clearly too stupid to look into that. I told them they were SOL that $900! They also told me not to tell my bf because he was upset at what happened only to find out later he had NO IDEA what i was talking about!! They spent the rent money and got scammed! So yea I want to find as much as I can on this crazy woman. She has tormented me for over two years and harassed me. She plays victim and I know she is no victim! I honestly dont think her son even knows the truth of anything she says. She has a way of making everyone believe her and she loves to cry foul with this whole business she had.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Tracking down a grifter? They probably have many aliases, but the law has records on that. Do an online search by name...

its only 25.00.

She has one name. I've done that search already and have that information.
I've been researching this nut bag for over a year. Funny thing is she was one of my closest friends, like a mother for years, then her son and I became close and started seeing each other. That's when her insane narcissism came shinning through LOUD AND CLEAR! She had me fooled for 7 years!! I have a file on her and it is shady to say the least. She is hiding something and I'm gonna find it eventually. I doubt her own son knows the truth about his mom because she loves to play victim in every situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It is in North Carolina and I'm in Florida. I can't go there. Is there anywhere i could maybe find this online?

No, courthouse records are usually kept in files. You have to apply in person , prevents people scamming other people.

it may be online, but you don't have access. Unless you know a cop... they have this... computer , with national databases on crimes., DMV, etc.

But I already know they aren't on there. Grifters don't leave trials of breadcrumbs. Is it possible to forgive and forget?

Or are you looking for a little payback?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkPalSFO

Seems like her fininacial issues are starting to catch up to her and it may be affecting you. Whatever you reasons are to find out this information if it's going to affect you finically in the long run and would be cheaper to go with the P.I then do that. If you just want to find out if someone is lying and throw it in their face I wouldn't even bother paying money for it. I would just give up on the person and not give them the time of day anymore. They lied to you. They don't deserve your time or effort.

It will not affect me financially. I have thought of the PI thing and yes it will cost but I know they have more access and time to do such things! If I have to save up the money and wait til my taxes so be it. This woman has destroyed so many lives with her lies.

It's a complicated long story why I am doing this. There is a reason to my madness! I've been working this for over a year.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It is in North Carolina and I'm in Florida. I can't go there. Is there anywhere i could maybe find this online?

No, courthouse records are usually kept in files. You have to apply in person , prevents people scamming other people.

it may be online, but you don't have access. Unless you know a cop... they have this... computer , with national databases on crimes., DMV, etc.

But I already know they aren't on there. Grifters don't leave trials of breadcrumbs. Is it possible to forgive and forget?

Or are you looking for a little payback?

Well I do know a few cops, one is family.

Yea no never going to forgive what this vile woman has done to me and her son. She will never stop and leave us alone until I do what I am doing. It may make no sense to people on here but I don't want to go on about the entire situation. I just wanted to find out how I could find information as to why her business closed and if what she has claimed is true, which to me I guarantee it's false.

Yea she is a grifter or as she calls herself a "hippie." Yea she moves a lot and is very shady about finances and is OBSESSED with my finances. She always wants to know what I make and how I afford what I have. It is very disturbing!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

It is in North Carolina and I'm in Florida. I can't go there. Is there anywhere i could maybe find this online? I don't mind paying some fees. I've done so for background checks and things of that nature already.

Goo luck, if they lied to you they may have been scamming with their business, would 'cover their tracks' so to speak.
OH I would NOT be surprised if she was up to no good especially now that I know who she really is, a complete and utter nut job! She had me fooled for years but honestly so much makes sense now that i Know how she raelly is. SOOOO much makes sense.

Even now she doesn't work on paper. She is basically a ghost. She use to be on the current family business name but she and her daughter took their names off and put everything into her son's name (my boyfriend). Nothing is in their name, not even bank accounts. It's all in his name. The cars and everything. They literally don't exist in any way, not even the lease! He is blind to how they are and both have bankruptcy on their credit. They are terrible with money and a couple years ago got taken by a phone loan scam even! Someone called them and told them they were approved for a loan and all they had to do was send $900 on a greed dot card and they would get double back. OH YEA they fell for it!! Once they realized something was off they called me freaking out. I knew it was a scam and traced the number to a VOIP in India. The site they claimed they represented was a legit government veterans site but these women were clearly too stupid to look into that. I told them they were SOL that $900! They also told me not to tell my bf because he was upset at what happened only to find out later he had NO IDEA what i was talking about!! They spent the rent money and got scammed! So yea I want to find as much as I can on this crazy woman. She has tormented me for over two years and harassed me. She plays victim and I know she is no victim! I honestly dont think her son even knows the truth of anything she says. She has a way of making everyone believe her and she loves to cry foul with this whole business she had.

All this work to prove your boyfriends mother is a lying psycopath ?

How does your boyfriend feel about this ?

Sounds like this will cause more trouble than it will help.. and I forsee alot of pain and hurt in your relationship because of it.

Think how you would feel if your son's gf was doing the same to you .

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well I do know a few cops, one is family.

Run her name. Probalbly an alias but copdom keeps files on all that.

Its illegal, tread carefully.

Why so important to you that you wil 'break the law' to find her? If shes wanted the police already have outstanding warrants. Best to approach your family 'friend' and add your complaint to the growing rap sheet.

Maybe you will get some feedback.

Or maybe you will let it go.
edit on 17-7-2017 by intrptr because: selling additional

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I agree with others.. city-county-state has records of every business license and every property owner from Day 1...no matter how far back.

Easy. One trip.. .good luck
edit on 17-7-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Look for records on the state Secretary of State's corporate records site. You could also look at the local county's court records. The county land records would show any tax liens. And it is not uncommon for restuarants to fail to file their 941 tax returns. They are always cash short and use the money withheld from employees for taxes to pay restuarant bills. If and when the IRS finds out, they come in and shut down the business and put the "responsible person," as defined in the Internal Revenue Code, in prison. They are usually found out when an employee files a tax return asking for a tax refund of part of the withheld taxes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join