It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LetsEncrypt Certbot-Help Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't post often anymore due to my busy life. Kids, family, work and my up and coming business that i have been working on for several years now.

I need some help ATS. Does anyone have and experience configuring Certbot on a UNIX system? My terminal closes during configuration and does not let me see the error. I have recovered the log file in /var/logs/letsencrypt/

I will not post the whole file for obvious reasons but i will post a small excerpt that has the relevant error.

[
"type": "tls-sni-01",
"status": "invalid",
"error": [
"type": "urn:acme:error:malformed",
"detail": "Server only speaks HTTP, not TLS",
"status": 400
],

Now as we can see, the error is one of a protocol nature. Apparently my main server only wants to communicate in HTTP not TLS encryption protocol. Is TLS over 443 just like SSL?

My network and LAN setup is like thus. NAT-Untangle firewall/DHCP-Server1,Server2,Server3
Linux mint distros on the servers for ease of configuration and secondary use as workstations.

All machines have static ip's on the DHCP network, and all needed ports 80,443 are forwarded to the proper locations.

Any ideas what I am missing or doing wrong here?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think i have solved my own issue.

For one reason or another, if Apache is set to use any port or a specified for it wont work. If i change it to default it works just fine.

new topics

join