It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Youth in the Making?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I heard a story on the news the other morning that made me think.

The reporter claimed, a boys "heroic" efforts may have saved his life and the lives of his schoolmates. According to this young man, the driver of the bus he was in was riding on, was speeding and driving recklessly. He responded by calling 911 on his cell phone. The police arrived immediately and placed the man in custody.

The media was quick to point out the driver would be tested for drugs and alcohol. This statement is a prime example of media manipulation. Routine testing for alcohol and drugs is hardly the same as being suspected of intoxication as they indirectly implied. I found it strange that there was no mention of any other witnesses.

The way I see it, if the bus driver was speeding and driving recklessly, how did he escape the notice of these cops so close at hand? Maybe they were preoccupied, but a speeding school buss full of children would surely draw the attention of concerned citizens? Again I find the blatant lack of collaboration disturbing.

Maybe the bus driver was a jerk and driving a little rough that day and the kid saw a way to get attention. Nevertheless, I'm not convinced this incident warranted calling 911. What does concern me, is this subtle encouragement for children to "narc" on their elders. Is this how Hitler began

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You werent there, so you really don't know the whole story. If my bus driver was driving so recklessly to the extent that i felt everyone on the bus was in danger and I had a cell phone with me, I might dial 9/11 just to make sure something happens where this man is either fired, put on bus driving probation, or forced to go through his training again. Of course this could probably have been done with much less hardship by going to the principal afterward, but this is of course assuming the bus doesnt careen off the side of the road into a lake.

I don't see that this is anything to get all hyped up over. I wouldnt go so far as to say the kid was heroic, however, i wasnt there so i dont know the whole context of the situation either.

If you want to make the argument that America's youth are "little nazis", this isnt really something to make it with. And no, this is not how Hitler "began". Kids, at least the ones I know, are actually more open minded and un-biased than you would think. Unless you cheat off the girl who sits next to you and she raises her hand to say "Billy's cheating off my paper!", which winds up gitting you a day in In School Suspension.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wasn't implying America's youth are little nazis. Although, I fear this kind of encouragement could be the beginning of that sort of brain washing. I know full well the terror Hitler's youth inspired and I was being sarcastic when I made the closing remark.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sorry, didnt pick up on the sarcasm. But your right, if people actually listened to the fascist American media and acted upon what they saw, this world wouldnt really be a decent place of residence. Americans have been manipulated, if you want to call that brain-washing I guess you could, for centuries by varying political forces through lies and fear.. things I do believe are only going to get worse unless drastic changes take effect within the next few years.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What exactly is fascistic about a child alerting the authorities when concerned for his safety? What else was he to do if the driver was behaving recklessly? Adults generally don't take driving tips from children.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
How are they nazis? Did Hitler stop a school bus once

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
No...he just directed it to 'Summer Camp'.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well i think Hitler started out as a soldier and then a failed artist. (Genius is never appreciated) Not driving a school bus. or travellin in one for that matter. Austrian children in the early 20th century would have ridden to school on the back of the family elk which might have behaved in a reckless manner at times but was none the less reliable. I remember back to my school days and our bus driver did her utmost to kill us all. We travelled along ironstone rubble (like marbles) roads to school for most of the trip and I remember the bus driver putting the bus up on two wheels once and putting it into the scrub on the side of the road twice. This was probably due to the commotion we regularly made on these trips. No one made a fuss about it however because we didnt mind the busdriver. If it had been a driver we didnt like as much we probably would have made a hell of a fuss about the standard of driving along our bus route.

new topics

top topics

join